Author Topic: WC 2018 Predictions  (Read 47668 times)

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: WC 2018 Predictions
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2018, 10:02:55 pm »
Germany never wins in Russia  ;)

Hahaha.

Yeah I'm glad Germany didn't win, makes the World Cup a bit more interesting. I hope they don't even make it past group stage tbh.

Agreed. If Brazil doesn't get out of the group stage it will make it even more interesting, but somehow I doubt that will happen. Seems like they might end up drawing against Switzerland though, which surely isn't the start they would have hoped for.
Yeah if Brazil and Germany don't make it pass the group stages the WC will be more interesting.. ???
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Norwegian13

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2018, 10:06:59 pm »
Brazil 3-1 Swiss

You were wrong, 1-1.

Hahaha.

Yeah I'm glad Germany didn't win, makes the World Cup a bit more interesting. I hope they don't even make it past group stage tbh.

Agreed. If Brazil doesn't get out of the group stage it will make it even more interesting, but somehow I doubt that will happen. Seems like they might end up drawing against Switzerland though, which surely isn't the start they would have hoped for.
Yeah if Brazil and Germany don't make it pass the group stages the WC will be more interesting.. ???

Absolutely, we're getting new young footballers into the game and nations with previously bad teams are getting better. Do you think its exciting to see the same teams be the best teams year after year?

If Germany and Brazil are some of the 'best' at this moment, surely the teams that beat them must be better? That wouldn't make the WC less interesting, since the high level of skill would still be there.

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2018, 10:08:11 pm »
Brazil 3-1 Swiss

You were wrong, 1-1.

Hahaha.

If Germany and Brazil are some of the 'best' at this moment, surely the teams that beat them must be better?
lmaoo can't believe i just read that, cba
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Norwegian13

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2018, 10:10:30 pm »
I don't get why you would find the WC less interesting if Germany and Brazil don't make it past the group stage.

If you ask me, I think its more exciting to see the teams who you didn't expect much of to do well. Much like we saw in Euro 2016 with Iceland.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:13:19 pm by Noorwegian »

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2018, 10:15:57 pm »
I don't get why you would find the WC less interesting if Germany and Brazil don't make it past the group stage.
At the latter stages i want to see the best players playing the best kind of football, and not parking the bus. I would not want to watch Iceland play football even though i respect they way they do it as i don't support them i couldn't give a shit, i just want a world cup with full of entertainment.

It would be quite dull for both of them to go out, I mean i'd rather have a semi final of Brazil-Spain/Germany-France, because i will 100% get a high quality match of players that actually know what they are doing, rather than the manager just telling them to defend and win set pieces, Spain and Portougal 3-3 is a good example, best match yet. And 80% of those games will happen after the groupstages, because the quality will be higher.

EDIT: Responding to your edit - Yes Iceland went through to get battered 4-1 against France, such a exicting tie. It was a good fairytale though.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:18:26 pm by Sturk »

Norwegian13

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2018, 10:34:25 pm »
At the latter stages i want to see the best players playing the best kind of football, and not parking the bus. I would not want to watch Iceland play football even though i respect they way they do it as i don't support them i couldn't give a shit, i just want a world cup with full of entertainment.

It would be quite dull for both of them to go out, I mean i'd rather have a semi final of Brazil-Spain/Germany-France, because i will 100% get a high quality match of players that actually know what they are doing, rather than the manager just telling them to defend and win set pieces, Spain and Portougal 3-3 is a good example, best match yet. And 80% of those games will happen after the groupstages, because the quality will be higher.

EDIT: Responding to your edit - Yes Iceland went through to get battered 4-1 against France, such a exicting tie. It was a good fairytale though.

Sure, I agree with you that the quality gets better past the group stage, definitely. Iceland was actually battered 5-2, but it is unlikely that another team going through in the place of Iceland would be off much better.

I disagree that if Germany and Brazil get beaten out the quality of the matches the quality of the other matches will be bad, because for them to be beaten it will require skill, and not just pure luck. If the other teams manage to beat out Germany and Brazil from the group stage, it does mean that the quality of those teams is significantly better than the quality of Germany and Brazil. I don't think that the manager of the other teams would tell them to just defend and win set pieces if they would make it through further. I think we will be served good football in any case.

Some people like to cheer for the underdogs, and I for one think that it would be fun to see the old champions beaten by some new, unknown teams that you wouldn't expect to do well in the competition. This does not mean that the quality of the football will be worse though. I get where you're coming from, but I highly doubt that the quality of this WC will drop if we don't see Germany and Brazil make it past the group stage. This is very unlikely as well, I think they'll both certainly make it past. The chances of that not happening are quite low.

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2018, 10:40:03 pm »
We will fucking blitzkrieg the next matches!

Norwegian13

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2018, 10:41:37 pm »
We will fucking blitzkrieg the next matches!

You better!

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2018, 12:08:45 am »

because for them to be beaten it will require skill, and not just pure luck. If the other teams manage to beat out Germany and Brazil from the group stage, it does mean that the quality of those teams is significantly better than the quality of Germany and Brazil. I don't think that the manager of the other teams would tell them to just defend and win set pieces if they would make it through further. I think we will be served good football in any case.
Surely you don't believe that yourself, are you telling me the quality of Mexico is better than Germany?

Example of 2014 where Spain crashed out of the groupstage, are you telling me the teams in that group had more quality players in it?, just because you beat a certain team doesn't mean you are better, you should check out the premier league.

But if you do crash out of it, you don't deserve to reach further, but don't tell me the quality of the other teams are better.

And yes managers that know the opposition has more quality DO tell their team to sit back and basically get lucky on the counter or a setpiece, Iceland does that, Iran did that, Sweden does that, basically every underdog team does that, and i understand the reason behind it,and respect it.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2018, 12:56:23 am »
Apparently Mexico's goal caused a damn Earthquake XD

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2018, 01:08:22 am »
I just want to see Iceland succeed because they abort any down syndrome children (an example to the world) and seeing them draw with Argentina gives me hope that they can make it out of the groups
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2018, 01:13:52 am »
England 5  Tunisia 0         Harry Kane x2   Dele Alli x1   Raheem Sterling x1 Gary Cahill x1     ezpz ENG to win NWWC and the World Cup in one swoop
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2018, 05:55:33 am »
because for them to be beaten it will require skill, and not just pure luck

This just isnt true in reality, but its not pure luck either.

Look at Greece at the Euros in 2004. They are the ultimate proof that an unskilled team with "tournament savvy" tactics (read: sit 10 behind the ball at all times and wait for a chance to strike, then sit 11 behind the ball for the duration), strong teamwork, and a healthy bit of luck can succeed despite being heavily outclassed/outplayed by all measurable metrics.

And honestly as much as I love the stories like Iceland, nothing beats (for me at least) matches where both teams are going all out for the win rather than parking the bus and praying for a lucky break.

Why am I still here

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2018, 02:54:26 pm »
Has it been mentioned that Iceland drew 1-1 vs Argentina?
Scoring their first ever WC goal gg!

(Also Messi missed a penalty KEK)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2018, 02:58:19 pm »
I just want to see Iceland succeed because they abort any down syndrome children (an example to the world)

How lovely