Author Topic: How do I put a mod on my server?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
  • Side: Neutral
How do I put a mod on my server?
« on: March 24, 2013, 01:07:58 am »
Perhaps a stupid question but how so I switch between mods on my server, for example how do I start Zulu mod ?

Offline Felix

• Brigadier General
  • Totally Not A Cat.
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Servers
  • Nick: [Arctic-Servers]_Felix
  • Side: Neutral
Re: How do I put a mod on my server?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 09:22:51 pm »
It's pretty simple once explained, allow me;

Step 1: Add the Mod files to the modules folder.

I'll use Zulu for this example, as that's the mod your interested in it seems.

Firstly navigate to your server files, then once opened go into the "Modules" folder. In here you should see a folder for both 'Native' and 'Napoleonic Wars'. In this folder you should place the Anglo-Zulu game files, I usually do this by copying the anglo-zulu files from my up-to-date anglo-zulu install on my computer to the modules folder.

(Other mods don't download as an .exe so you can just simply drag the folder with the files into the modules folder. You could simply say this step was basically like installing a mod on your game, by just simply dragging and dropping the files into the modules folder.)

Step 2: Editing the Bat file to start Anglo-Zulu

Now you must edit the command line to start your server, you should see a bat file for each gamemode and for this example I will use the "NW_Sample_Battle_start.bat" file.
Right click the "NW_Sample_Battle_start.bat" file in your main server folder and click edit. (You can open it with Notepad and Notepad++ if you wish.)
It should display this; "mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r NW_Sample_Battle.txt -m Napoleonic Wars" Now all you must do is edit the last part from Napoleonic Wars to the Anglo-Zulu folder name. So replace it with whatever the folder name containing the anglo-zulu files in modules was.
Example:- "mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r NW_Sample_Battle.txt -m The Anglo Zulu war"

Step 3: Starting your server

If you've done all that correctly your server should run the Anglo-Zulu mod next time you double click that "NW_Sample_Battle_start.bat" file. If it doesn't run correctly make sure you've got the right settings in your server config file, or just post here with your problem and I'll see if I can help you further.

Kindest Regards,
Felix

Mount & Blade Series - Game Server Provider
Contact me via a method below regarding renting a server.
E-Mail: felix@arcticservers.co.uk • Steam: Felix9112  • Skype: ArcticServers •