Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 77230 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #480 on: July 31, 2019, 12:15:19 am »
Why are you worried about response times? It's 1ms, same as the other monitor. Plenty of monitors have 5ms response times and are completely fine. Looks solid.

Well i did some research after you told me about the TN panel and apparently on VA panels the advertised 1ms response time isnt 100% accurate. As they are using a different measurement for said response time. MPRT response time vs GtG response time. Apparently both are very important but i cant seem to find out the actual GtG response time for the MSI monitor i just bought however its advertised as 1ms MPRT time.

https://www.blurbusters.com/gtg-versus-mprt-frequently-asked-questions-about-display-pixel-response/

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #481 on: July 31, 2019, 03:59:57 pm »
Oh, interesting, didn't realise that.
I haven't really looked into VA panels at all, mainly IPS vs TN

Being a large brand, it should be pretty solid I'd imagine, but always look at lots of reviews before buying!

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 03, 2019, 06:39:13 am »
The response time seems to be just fine! And boy oh boy is this thing gorgeous. The picture is absolutely stunning and the curve is actually REALLY nice! And 144Hz is really something else! I am in love... :-*

Also if anyone needs a good newer GPU here is a very good deal on a RX 590 from Sapphire for $190:
https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-rx-590-100415p8gl/p/N82E16814202333?Description=Sapphire%20Radeon%20PULSE%20RX%20590%208GB%20GDDR5%20PCI-E%20Dual%20HDMI%20%2f%20DVI-D%20%2f%20Dual%20DP%20w%2f%20Backplate&cm_re=Sapphire_Radeon_PULSE_RX_590_8GB_GDDR5_PCI-E_Dual_HDMI_%2f_DVI-D_%2f_Dual_DP_w%2f_Backplate-_-14-202-333-_-Product

Might sell my rx 580 for $150 and buy it myself tbh but ill probably just wait and get a 5700 XT once the partner cards release in the next week or 2. Will likely pair it with a Ryzen 7 3700x and be done with it. Also thinking i might just get a new x570 mobo and use my b450 in a build to sell with my 2200G. :P
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 06:55:09 am by Marceaux »

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #483 on: August 03, 2019, 02:48:41 pm »
There's not really any point upgrading your mobo, but whatever floats your boat

And yeah you can get some good money selling parts on ebay, managed to get like 40-45 pounds each for an old GTX 760 and an i5 4670k, which considering they were like 5 years old was pretty sweet

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 03, 2019, 06:04:45 pm »
There's not really any point upgrading your mobo, but whatever floats your boat

And yeah you can get some good money selling parts on ebay, managed to get like 40-45 pounds each for an old GTX 760 and an i5 4670k, which considering they were like 5 years old was pretty sweet

Yeah it really is a pretty pointless upgrade tbh but i figure since ill have a spare apu and spare ram i might as well just get myself a newer board and use my current one to pair with my extra parts and sell the whole thing for some decent cash. Plus i really want a white motherboard to match the rest of my stuff so will probably get the ASUS Prime x570 board. But idk well see might just get an x470.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 05, 2019, 08:39:01 pm »
Setup complete! (PC will never be done XD)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 07, 2019, 08:38:29 pm »
Just got a wraith prism cooler on ebay for $40 after shipping and tax. Will either pair it with a R7 2700 or a R5 3600. Cant decide...

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #487 on: August 07, 2019, 09:16:08 pm »
thanks for the triple post  :-\

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 07, 2019, 09:24:02 pm »
thanks for the triple post  :-\

You're welcome! :D

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #489 on: August 08, 2019, 04:26:58 pm »
If I'm installing SSD's on my workplaces computers, is there a way to straight copy my coworkers' preexisting desktops, programs and all, to the SSD? It would save me some time but it's not a huge deal.

Edit: On a personal note, would I see more change out of 16 gigabytes of faster mhz RAM, say 3200mhz, or adding 16GB more to my existing 16GB RAM clocked at 2666?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:28:57 pm by William »
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 08, 2019, 05:08:21 pm »
If I'm installing SSD's on my workplaces computers, is there a way to straight copy my coworkers' preexisting desktops, programs and all, to the SSD? It would save me some time but it's not a huge deal.

Edit: On a personal note, would I see more change out of 16 gigabytes of faster mhz RAM, say 3200mhz, or adding 16GB more to my existing 16GB RAM clocked at 2666?

Personally i would add another 16GB and go with 32GB total, i think your overall system performance would be better and nothing will ever come close to maxing your ram. Also i just personally swapped from 2666 to 3200 and i could hardly tell a difference and i am on Ryzen where it should show more then Intel. Also once you get a full 32GB kit just try and overclock the whole kit to 3000+mhz its very easy. RAM overclocking is probably as easy as overclocking gets. Just turn up your ram voltage to 1.35-1.4 and set the speed to 3200mhz with auto timings and see what happens. If system fails to boot just reset until it auto clears or reset with the cmos battery. Then turn down to 3000 etc and keep trying speeds until you get one that is stable. Depending on what RAM brand/kit you have i am sure you will be able to get at least 3000mhz coming from 2666 and you can likely hit 3200+.  And ram as 99% of the high speed kits are just 2400-2666mhz sticks that they overclocked themselves and set it as a xmp profile. For example my Team RGB 16gb kit is actually just 2400mhz sticks with a 3200mhz xmp profile saved on them. But buying nice ram kits gets you guaranteed speeds and usually a little bit better performance.

What ram do you have?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:03:35 pm by Marceaux »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 08, 2019, 05:33:50 pm »
Spoiler

Personally i would add another 16GB and go with 32GB total, i think your overall system performance would be better and nothing will ever come close to maxing your ram. Also i just personally swapped from 2666 to 3200 and i could hardly tell a difference and i am on Ryzen where it should show more then Intel. Also once you get a full 32GB kit just try and overclock the whole kit to 3000+mhz its very easy. RAM overclocking is probably as easy as overclocking gets. Just turn up your ram voltage to 1.35-1.4 and set the speed to 3200mhz with auto timings and see what happens. If system fails to boot just reset until it auto clears or reset with the cmos battery. Then turn down to 3000 etc and keep trying speeds until you get one that is stable. Depending on what RAM brand/kit you have i am sure you will be able to get at least 3000mhz coming from 2666 and you can likely hit 3200+.  And matter of fact i regret and would never pay for high speed ram again as 99% of the high speed kits are just 2400-2666mhz sticks that they overclocked themselves and set it as a xmp profile. For example my Team RGB 16gb kit is actually just 2400mhz sticks with a 3200mhz xmp profile saved on them. So its almost pointless to pay for higher speed ram kits unless you start getting into certain dies and all that very particular b.s.

What ram do you have?
[close]
I can't find this RAM anywhere for a decent price so that's why I'm debating swapping
https://www.amazon.com/XPG-21300-Memory-Modules-AX4U2666W4G16-DRZ/dp/B00U4S0BKW/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_147_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=0NJ2QW0T8R3HGGXAJM0C&th=1
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 08, 2019, 05:52:47 pm »
Ahh i see, then i would probably upgrade. $96 is to much for 8gb of xpg 2666 XD. If you're buying today heres a good deal: https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232476

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #493 on: August 08, 2019, 08:31:40 pm »

That depends on how much RAM you actually use. If you never go up to your current 16GB limit it you would barely notice anything, bar maybe Windows loading some core objects faster. Considering the price of RAM these days that speed increase would be noticable but not enough for what your paying. If you really want to upgrade, you can just purchase any dual channel memory (thats the same speed) as long as you are running them in dual channel mode for your Mobo, it really doesn't matter if its mixed and matched with another brand frankly. Now if it was server memory thats a different story.

Also if its for work, I couldn't recommend one of these enough:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-SATA-Drive-Duplicator-Eraser/dp/B00G6TG5YE/ref=sr_1_8?adgrpid=61764844544&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkK_qBRD8ARIsAOteukDpdQP3Tq2bg9otpMtVUPY4MQ_5CzKmZZ-JXL2lgcb-z6Sv6PvUh-saAnnREALw_wcB&hvadid=267291336191&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006681&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=13946403756280165517&hvtargid=kwd-318931991262&hydadcr=4426_1795165&keywords=docking+station+startech&qid=1565288653&s=gateway&sr=8-8

Its essentially a 2 port dock which at the press of a button will copy EVERYTHING in the exact same pre existing state from one drive to another. It can also be used to just insert drives and use it as a hard drive dock to copy data, however you like to play it. There is also a button on the back that will erase all data on the drives pretty damn quickly.

I've bought one of these for my last 3 companies I've worked at over the last 5 1/2 years. I consider it to be a necessity as you can always find use out of it. Only limitation is it won't be able to clone from a bigger drive to a smaller one as the sectors will error.

There are various softwares out there although tbh I alternate between them depending on what its for.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 08:37:12 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 08, 2019, 09:31:38 pm »

That depends on how much RAM you actually use. If you never go up to your current 16GB limit it you would barely notice anything, bar maybe Windows loading some core objects faster. Considering the price of RAM these days that speed increase would be noticable but not enough for what your paying. If you really want to upgrade, you can just purchase any dual channel memory (thats the same speed) as long as you are running them in dual channel mode for your Mobo, it really doesn't matter if its mixed and matched with another brand frankly. Now if it was server memory thats a different story.

Also if its for work, I couldn't recommend one of these enough:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-SATA-Drive-Duplicator-Eraser/dp/B00G6TG5YE/ref=sr_1_8?adgrpid=61764844544&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkK_qBRD8ARIsAOteukDpdQP3Tq2bg9otpMtVUPY4MQ_5CzKmZZ-JXL2lgcb-z6Sv6PvUh-saAnnREALw_wcB&hvadid=267291336191&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1006681&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=13946403756280165517&hvtargid=kwd-318931991262&hydadcr=4426_1795165&keywords=docking+station+startech&qid=1565288653&s=gateway&sr=8-8

Its essentially a 2 port dock which at the press of a button will copy EVERYTHING in the exact same pre existing state from one drive to another. It can also be used to just insert drives and use it as a hard drive dock to copy data, however you like to play it. There is also a button on the back that will erase all data on the drives pretty damn quickly.

I've bought one of these for my last 3 companies I've worked at over the last 5 1/2 years. I consider it to be a necessity as you can always find use out of it. Only limitation is it won't be able to clone from a bigger drive to a smaller one as the sectors will error.

There are various softwares out there although tbh I alternate between them depending on what its for.
So I should be able to transfer from 500GB HDD's to 500GB SSD's or should I aim for a larger SSD to prevent that error?
Spoiler
[close]