Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support  (Read 207543 times)

Offline Hotjoe

• Second Lieutenant
  • Leader of 2.Feld-Artillerie Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2FA_Hotjoe
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support
« Reply #240 on: October 20, 2015, 09:52:56 pm »
Nooo the terrain generator link is no longer working D:
2.FA: "The shot is always worth it"

Sorry, the below image is not available

Offline Gaines2000

• Corporal
  • Sir Doctor Professor
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sir_Dr_Prf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #241 on: November 07, 2015, 03:45:14 pm »
A guy in our regiment made a BEAUTIFUL training map using Wallonian Farm as a template. There's one problem. All of the cavalry classes are locked on the map by default and we're a cavalry reg. Does anyone know how to fix this? (Sorry if this is a noob question.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:50:37 pm by Gaines2000 »

Offline Nekro

• Private
    • View Profile
    • 1te Garde Regiment zu Fuß
  • Nick: 1teGarde_Grd_Nekro
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #242 on: November 07, 2015, 04:27:03 pm »
There must be a scene prop called mm_spawn_restrictions. Just delet it or set variations to 0.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
- Socrates

Offline Gaines2000

• Corporal
  • Sir Doctor Professor
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sir_Dr_Prf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #243 on: November 07, 2015, 06:20:36 pm »
Thanks! You're a map saver bro.

Offline Överste Karolinen

• Sergeant Major
  • Segra eller dö !
    • View Profile
  • Nick: I1_Maj_Sven_Trotzig
« Reply #244 on: November 08, 2015, 02:03:07 pm »
Hello, a friend of mine is working on a Siege Map. The problem is that he is editing the map "scp_mm_fort_refleax_night
" and when he removes all the stuff on the map and start the map again it all changes so it is day, and not night. He got no idea what causes this, and I do not know either. If there is anyone who knows how to fix this problem, please reply, me and my friend would be very grateful. Cheers :)

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #245 on: November 08, 2015, 02:05:58 pm »
There is a scene prop called mm_time .. ofday or something like that. The value in var1 is hour of day. He either deleted that scene prop or changed value.

Offline Överste Karolinen

• Sergeant Major
  • Segra eller dö !
    • View Profile
  • Nick: I1_Maj_Sven_Trotzig
« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2015, 02:25:34 pm »
There is a scene prop called mm_time .. ofday or something like that. The value in var1 is hour of day. He either deleted that scene prop or changed value.
Thanks a lot mate. But could you give some more details? Like, if he wants it to be night do he put it var20 (20:00, 20nth hour on the day) or how does it really work?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:53:31 pm by Överste Karolinen »

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #247 on: November 08, 2015, 04:50:07 pm »
When you go to edit the map set it to the gamemode "scene editing" and then look at game rules once you start the maps. The game rules will contain alot of useful information about scene editing. He deleted the "mm_time" prop which caused the game to automatically set time to day.

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 08, 2015, 08:51:53 pm »
Thanks a lot mate. But could you give some more details? Like, if he wants it to be night do he put it var20 (20:00, 20nth hour on the day) or how does it really work?

He can spend two minutes testing and find out by himself. All he has to do is try putting a value, lets say 20, then click Start Map from admin menu and he'll see the effect if any. I think value that should go there is in 0-24 format but not sure.

Offline Jean-Luc Picard

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2015, 02:39:33 pm »
How do you go about editing the edge, or border of the map to an Ocean.

I'm going for an Island, so obviously I can't have the borders of the maps with land on them, they need to be clear open sky at the edge of my sea.

Thanks for the help.

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2015, 02:47:11 pm »

I'm going for an Island, so obviously I can't have the borders of the maps with land on them, they need to be clear open sky at the edge of my sea.

Thanks for the help.

This is done outside map editor. Open Modules/Napoleonic Wars/scenes.txt file, find your map's entry and change it's 3rd line to outer_terrain_beach

Offline Jean-Luc Picard

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2015, 04:53:03 pm »

Thanks for the help.

This is done outside map editor. Open Modules/Napoleonic Wars/scenes.txt file, find your map's entry and change it's 3rd line to outer_terrain_beach

Please bare with my stupidity, but I'm having trouble figuring out how this will change the map itself that I plan to be on a server.

Won't editing that txt just change it for me? That's my local game txt, not much to do with the map in another folder.

Edit Or is this something the server owner has to do with their txt when adding my map ?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:57:40 pm by Jean-Luc Picard »

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2015, 05:02:14 pm »

Thanks for the help.

Please bare with my stupidity, but I'm having trouble figuring out how this will change the map itself that I plan to be on a server.

Won't editing that txt just change it for me? That's my local game txt, not much to do with the map in another folder.

Edit Or is this something the server owner has to do with their txt when adding my map ?

Yes, server has to do the same thing.

Sending a M&B map to a server or any other computer always involves two steps - sending the .sco scene file itself, and sending the text which should be placed into scenes.txt file to replace old map entry. This text contains some map data which is not contained within .sco file itself, such as terrain shape and surrounding scenery.

Offline Jean-Luc Picard

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 25, 2015, 11:08:24 am »
Yes, server has to do the same thing.

Sending a M&B map to a server or any other computer always involves two steps - sending the .sco scene file itself, and sending the text which should be placed into scenes.txt file to replace old map entry. This text contains some map data which is not contained within .sco file itself, such as terrain shape and surrounding scenery.

Alright It's all working so far, thanks for the help !

Offline J. Campbell

• First Lieutenant
  • Commanding Officer of the 14th Buckinghamshire
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14th_Cpt_John_Campbell
  • Side: Union
« Reply #254 on: December 22, 2015, 09:57:42 pm »
How do I put a map on my files? On Focalpoint is was easy, I now go through bluefangsolutions, and am curious how to upload a training map to it. Please add me on steam if you can help : [1stCS] Scottish