Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 281887 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Game of Thrones thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2013, 06:28:35 pm »
Well I suppose it was because this season and the next one both cover the same book so there's only so much closure they can give you without screwing up the order of events in the story and stuff. Still disappointing though.
Spoiler
In my opinion the murders at the wedding would've been a great season finale.
That is a real way to fuck the fans over and wait a year in even higher suspense
[close]

Spoiler
I think they should have just had a super two hour episode where they merged the last two episodes to make it feel more like a finale. And they could have cut out a lot of stuff in the final episode, some of it felt like filler. Also was I the only one to think the final Dany scene was really badly done, and that it didn't feel good at all? Or maybe I don't like any of the dany scenes. Too heavily reliant on CGI which the show has never been good at, and the acting seems lacking.
[close]

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2013, 08:23:53 pm »
Well I suppose it was because this season and the next one both cover the same book so there's only so much closure they can give you without screwing up the order of events in the story and stuff. Still disappointing though.
Spoiler
In my opinion the murders at the wedding would've been a great season finale.
That is a real way to fuck the fans over and wait a year in even higher suspense
[close]

Spoiler
I think they should have just had a super two hour episode where they merged the last two episodes to make it feel more like a finale. And they could have cut out a lot of stuff in the final episode, some of it felt like filler. Also was I the only one to think the final Dany scene was really badly done, and that it didn't feel good at all? Or maybe I don't like any of the dany scenes. Too heavily reliant on CGI which the show has never been good at, and the acting seems lacking.
[close]
Spoiler
Was that the slave and the 'mother' thing? Because if so I think you're right. I didn't enjoy it either. It was a bit too... 'disney' for me.
I have the image of her as a badass mofo and that scene crushed it.
[close]

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2013, 07:47:35 pm »
Just bought the four latest books.. Nom nom can't wait to get my eyes on them....

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2013, 07:58:45 pm »
That means that after you red them... I can read them. For free! GG
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2013, 08:04:17 pm »
I haven't seen any of the tv show yet, I read all the books but I'm waiting until all the books are released and I can read them all before I watch it, is the tv show very accurate to the books so far?
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2013, 08:20:58 pm »
I haven't seen any of the tv show yet, I read all the books but I'm waiting until all the books are released and I can read them all before I watch it, is the tv show very accurate to the books so far?

Eh, yeah it's kind of accurate but there are many things that I think they did wrong, or things that they left out that I definitely think should have been included. The show is worth a watch and I don't think you'll be all that disappointed, but prepare to be looking forward to your favorite scene in the books being represented on tv only for it never to show up.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2013, 08:23:16 pm »

Eh, yeah it's kind of accurate but there are many things that I think they did wrong, or things that they left out that I definitely think should have been included. The show is worth a watch and I don't think you'll be all that disappointed, but prepare to be looking forward to your favorite scene in the books being represented on tv only for it never to show up.

Damn, such is the way of tv adaptions, I suppose.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2013, 08:49:21 pm »
Just bought the four latest books.. Nom nom can't wait to get my eyes on them....
I'm gonna buy them tomorrow  ;D ;D

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2013, 09:16:28 pm »
I'm reading ASOS: Steel and Snow. :D

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2013, 09:22:32 pm »
I bought all books in English though. Even while I could get them in Dutch. The books I bought are:
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
and A Dance with Dragons just 30,00 euro's not to bad.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2013, 09:26:15 pm »
I think you should try to read them in language they were written in whenever possible. Translations often take away the charm of the book, and the author's touch isn't always noticeable.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2013, 09:26:55 pm »
I bought all books in English though. Even while I could get them in Dutch. The books I bought are:
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
I'm not really sure if I should get them in Dutch or English.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2013, 09:28:17 pm »
Whatever confuses you more.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2013, 09:31:56 pm »
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
I'm not really sure if I should get them in Dutch or English.

English.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2013, 09:45:37 pm »
The reason why I picked the English (original) version is indeed because I find the translations sometimes retarded and don't match or give you the same view as it actually is. Reading English books with dutch translation is horrible anyway no matter what book.