Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 281857 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2235 on: August 14, 2016, 08:01:33 pm »
It not been esthablished who wrote the Pink Letter.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: August 14, 2016, 08:05:55 pm »
It not been esthablished who wrote the Pink Letter.
Yeah but it was probably Mance Rayder, has the means, knowledge and motive.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2237 on: August 15, 2016, 01:01:04 am »
in the books, the letter was likely forged by mance rayder, so its possible the show is following that theory

however, in the books, mance rayder is still alive, and in the show he is not. the show very much disvalued mance's character, by removing a lot of his crew and his child from the story. so as far as the show is concerned, it probably isnt mance, but who it really is is hard to say.

i only disagree with the baelish theory because baelish is probably smart enough not to send letters under different names using the exact same wax. sure, the show has been showing wax being pressed for a long time, but i think its to fulfill some weird fetish among the cast and crew than some elaborate setup for some pretty minuscule result, the kind most people wouldnt notice.

but hey, the writers dont even fucking care anymore. even in theyre interviews for the show theyre just not as interested as they were in the earlier seasons.

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2238 on: August 15, 2016, 10:32:22 am »
in the books, the letter was likely forged by mance rayder, so its possible the show is following that theory

however, in the books, mance rayder is still alive, and in the show he is not. the show very much disvalued mance's character, by removing a lot of his crew and his child from the story. so as far as the show is concerned, it probably isnt mance, but who it really is is hard to say.

i only disagree with the baelish theory because baelish is probably smart enough not to send letters under different names using the exact same wax. sure, the show has been showing wax being pressed for a long time, but i think its to fulfill some weird fetish among the cast and crew than some elaborate setup for some pretty minuscule result, the kind most people wouldnt notice.

but hey, the writers dont even fucking care anymore. even in theyre interviews for the show theyre just not as interested as they were in the earlier seasons.

The cut down on the amount of episodes in these last 2 seasons shows that they're basically just bored at this point.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: August 15, 2016, 12:00:08 pm »

Yeah I was talking about books.
Idc who wrote it in show since it's so shit now, no depth,just cheezy hollywood for casuals.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: August 16, 2016, 06:31:17 pm »
Let me point out one other thing: Littlefinger got Cersei to pledge to make him Warden of the North if he succeeds in removing the Boltons - therefore he had the task to remove the Boltons, given by the current Queen. It will be very interesting to see if Cersei really makes him Warden.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 06:34:11 pm by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: August 17, 2016, 10:36:50 am »
Let me point out one other thing: Littlefinger got Cersei to pledge to make him Warden of the North if he succeeds in removing the Boltons - therefore he had the task to remove the Boltons, given by the current Queen. It will be very interesting to see if Cersei really makes him Warden.

Well I wouldn't call Cersei a Queen she is rather a dictator or tyrant since she had no claim to the Iron Throne. And Cersei is supported by Freys, maybe some crownlands houses and Lannisters. Even if she makes him Warden of the North no body would care. Warden of the North is just a honorary title it can be granted to nobles without land, it basically means he is official protector of the North. Lord Paramount of the North is title that gives you land and command over North. In past title Warden of the North/West/South/East was usually given to Lord Paramount of the North/Westerlands/Reach/Vale but in recent events title Warden of the West was given to Ser Daven Lannister, while Cersei is officially Lord Paramount of the Westerlands. And when Jon Arryn died Jamie Lannister was proclaimed Warden of the East since Robin was to young. Anyways we know Cersei will stand no chance against Daenerys with Dothraki, mercernaries, Unsollied (trash army) and support of Reach and Dorne. It was pretty retarded of Baelish to ask Cersei for that since he knew she was going down, its just writers of the show should kill themselves destroying good series and characters.

This is so predictable now Cersei is gonna try to burn Kingslanding when Daenerys comes and Jamie will kill her like he killed Aerys II. Baelish will get rekt by Sansa even though she has no experience in intrigue compared to Baelish and than Westeros fights Evil White Walkers and Daenerys is Queen. Show did and will kill of or destroy best characters (Doran, Roose, Baelish, Vayrs, Tyrion, Stannis, Melisandre, Davos) and will promote shit characters (Arya, Daenerys).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:41:10 am by McPero »

Offline Heist

• First Lieutenant
  • 22nd Cheshire Regiment of Foot Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Col_Murphy
« Reply #2242 on: August 17, 2016, 01:13:12 pm »
Yes, Cersei can make Little Finger Warden of the North but it won't mean shit. It's Houses are loyal to Jon and pretty much disregard anything that the Crownlands dictate now anyway - hence 'King in the North', which is a Declaration of Independence.

Sorry Mcpero but that's completely wrong on how the show will end, they won't make it the same as the Mad Kings death that's just stupid and the Directors understand what's crige worthy and would ruin the show in such a way.

My prediction on how the show will end is that ofcourse the Vale and North will unite and invade the Riverlands and capture Riverrun (Re-uniting Arya) whilst the Lannister army is in the south preparing for danys arrival, the Lannister Army will probably also patrol the borders of the reach. By this point I think that Brann would've made it safe back with Jon. When the invasion starts Jon will choose to go no further to confront danys army because he fears the protection of the North, but Dany wants control of all of Westeros and I don't think Jon would want that and I think he would prefer it to remain independent because he believes the Targaryens no longer have claim to the throne. This goes against everything his farther fought for so forced to go to war, they will probably start to get fucked over by the dragons but Brann manages to warg into the biggest one killing the other two. Still being under the dragons control he forced danys army to surrender. Then and I hope that they find out that Gendry is somewhat a legitimate heir to the throne being Robert Baratheons son and I think they will make him King due to most legitimacy, then I think they will Marry Arya and Gendry to make an alliance with the King in the North and the Crown making Jon the new Warden of the North. Dany will die sorry lads. I think this is a nice ending because it prevents both Jon and Dany supporters from being unhappy to the outcome of the victor, maybe Dany can be sent back to Essos to control Valaria and rebuild it instead. But ofcourse the Dank white Walker War somewhere along the way.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:29:07 am by Heist »

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: August 17, 2016, 01:26:08 pm »
Yes, Cersei can make Little Finger Warden of the North but it won't mean shit. It's Houses are loyal to Jon and pretty much disregard anything that the Crownlands dictate now anyway - hence 'King in the North', which is a Declaration of Independence.

'Loyalty' seems to mean little for Northern lords according to D&D tho. In fact, the biggest houses tried to defeat him. The North remembers my arse

Also, if it were to come to Vale vs. what's left of the North (Petyr vs Jon) then Jon would be fucked. Not that, that is going to happen but still
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: August 17, 2016, 01:32:55 pm »
Yeah it won't mean shit in two ways:
1. Just honorary title that gives you no power over North.
2. No body cares what Cersei says.

Plus Baelish betrayed Cersei he was supposed to destroy Boltons, kill Sansa and hold Winterfell for Iron Throne.

Tyrells should take Kingslanding after Sept exploded they had the numbers and supply on their side, but u know its a show nothing makes sense. Cersei would get gangraped by Tyrell soldiers.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:36:30 pm by McPero »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2245 on: August 17, 2016, 04:17:33 pm »
Spoiler

Sorry Mcpero but that's completely wrong on how the show will end, they won't make it the same as the Mad Kings death that's just stupid and the Directors understand what's crige worthy and would ruin the show in such a way.

My prediction on how the show will end is that ofcourse the Vale and North will unite and invade the Riverlands and capture Riverrun (Re-uniting Arya) whilst the Lannister army is in the south preparing for danys arrival, the Lannister Army will probably also patrol the borders of the reach. By this point I think that Brann would've made it safe back with Jon. When the invasion starts Jon will choose to go no further to confront danys army because he fears the protection of the North, but Dany wants control of all of Westeros and I don't think Jon would want that and I think he would prefer it to remain independent because he believes the Targaryens no longer have claim to the throne. This goes against everything his farther fought for so forced to go to war, they will probably start to get fucked over by the dragons but Brann manages to warg into the biggest one killing the other two. Still being under the dragons control he forced danys army to surrender. Then and I hope that they find out that Gendry is somewhat a legitimate heir to the throne being Robert Baratheons son and I think they will make him King due to most legitimacy, then I think they will Marry Arya and Gendry to make an alliance with the King in the North and the Crown making Jon the new Warden of the North. Dany will die sorry lads. I think this is a nice ending because it prevents both Jon and Dany supporters from being unhappy to the outcome of the victor, maybe Dany can be sent back to Essos to control Valaria and rebuild it instead.
[close]
I never thought of Bran warging into dragons; Interesting idea and potential plot point.

I predict a somewhat similar story line but I'm thinking season 7 will conclude the wars of men and season 8 will begin the white walker conflict. I feel like the wall will get either destroyed by the night king now that Bran is over it (and technically the magic might be broken) or he just goes full Regan and tears down the wall. Would make for one heck of a closing shot for Season 7.

Also, Sansa and Tyrion reunited for another marriage? xD
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: August 17, 2016, 06:20:09 pm »
Ryan why would they marry Gendry and Arya when you have Sansa far more suitable for marriage. Your plot is good I would be fine with such ending though you left out what will happen with White Walkers. And Bran will probably become slave of children of the forest they are manipulating him to regain lands that they used to have. They created White Walkers to save themselves.
I think series should end with 9 Kingdoms instead of Iron Throne realm because it's impossible to control such vast area as Westeros without dragons. Most realistic outcome unless dragons survive. And I also expect there will be no war for dawn. White Walkers aren't evil they are just another race. GRRM is pacifist why end series with a huge war between good and evil sounds like Harry Potter to me.
Well books will be different anyways so they can make another Harry Potter cheezy series with GoT if they want to.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: August 17, 2016, 06:59:57 pm »

'Loyalty' seems to mean little for Northern lords according to D&D tho. In fact, the biggest houses tried to defeat him. The North remembers my arse

Also, if it were to come to Vale vs. what's left of the North (Petyr vs Jon) then Jon would be fucked. Not that, that is going to happen but still

Well I do believe Petyr will try to backstab Jon in someway, maybe pit Sansa against him for example.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: August 17, 2016, 09:02:58 pm »

Well I do believe Petyr will try to backstab Jon in someway, maybe pit Sansa against him for example.
That would be lovely.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2249 on: August 19, 2016, 06:02:47 pm »

That would be lovely.
Actually already happened. Do you recall the scene of Baelish and Sansa at the weirood and he always emphasizes 'half brother' and how he is getting the glory and not her, a trueborn child of Ned and Catelyn. He's definitely trying to plant the seeds of jealousy.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]