Author Topic: Let's discuss: Farbism!  (Read 28264 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Let's discuss: Farbism!
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2014, 11:19:45 pm »
What is his impression? He looks like a member of the modern day Russian navy, heh.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2014, 11:21:59 pm »
What is his impression? He looks like a member of the modern day Russian navy, heh.

Prussian, perhaps? That was my first though, to be honost.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
  • Side: Union
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2014, 11:22:52 pm »
Prussian Landwehr

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2014, 11:24:05 pm »
Prussian Landwehr

Def not..

Probably first world war.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2014, 11:33:08 pm »
My point was, that he can take this stuff off. This is something you can easily take off whenever you want. Why did he not do it for that event?

I don't have problems with people being overweight, or women in the line, but this is stupid. He could at least have taken off that necklace around his neck. And where the heck is his tie/cravatte/however you call it in english?

There is difference between being overweight or a female, or using clothing that isn't made out of 100% correct wool and this. This is something extremely obvious, and something that can be avoided extremely easily, without spending any additional money on anything. Just take that shit off.

+ 1

This Ridlez, is common sense. Not that fucking hard and hardly worth defending over. I dont give a shit if you have to dig 20 comment back to justify your right to judge us despite spending none of your money on equipments and uniforms and driving all the way to find this asshat is going to be your commander.

Riddlez you are welcome to post here, its open for anyone but judging us when you actually never tried our "Shoe" is silly and ignorant.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2014, 02:40:50 pm »
Riddlez you are welcome to post here, its open for anyone but judging us when you actually never tried our "Shoe" is silly and ignorant.

Okay, so you say I can't judge Re-enactment, because i have never done it? Then you will not judge anything you haven't done either. Deal?

And this joker call me ignorant.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2014, 03:14:32 pm »
Riddlez, 'that joker' is right saying that someone who has never done re-enactment, who has not spend the hours, the effort and the money in building an impression, who does not understand how quickly a reputation of a group, a period, or a certain impression is ruined, who does not understand the politics behind re-enactment, and most importantly, hasn't stand in the field with all that work only to see people who have not spent even a fraction of your effort, claiming to be re-enactors, claiming to be historical accurate just like you, and the public actually thinking that is so, should speak so sternly against people who actually did.

While I very much doubt this guy is actually a re-enactor, opposed to some sort of photoshoot, if he were, he would be terrible. Re-enactment is portraying history. It's trying replacing your lifestyle with that of a certain period, for a day or a weekend. You do so by wearing the uniform; you do so by eating their food; you do so by copying their daily schedule and their actions. While it's true that for many re-enactors it's mostly sticks to the uniforms and drill, if you can not even let go of your modern style, there's just no reason to re-enact.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2014, 04:23:25 pm »
One more wonderfully displaying the elitist culture of the re-enactment world: Someone who isn't one of it, does not know how it means to be.

You're really being over-the-top fucking arrogant right now.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »
No, someone who defends someone who doesn't know what re-enactment is, doesn't know how it means to be.

Furthermore, this is the re-enactment section. Meant for re-enactors and those interested in re-enactment. Your only goal here seems to tell re-enactors how stupid they are, which can be considered instigating fights, and therefor, I'm using my moderation rights to forbid you from further posting here (Historical Reenactment). Ignoring this will result in your posts being removed and receiving a warning. You may start posting again here in December, as long as you actually have something to contribute. You may discuss this with my in PM or Steam, but not here.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 04:49:38 pm by Duuring »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2014, 12:20:07 am »
I've removed all the posts. Don't start this up again. Continue with another picture.

Ethan, I'm sure you have a whoooole stack of pictures of farb. Show us.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2014, 12:25:42 am »
I sure do!

Spoiler
[close]

ACW in 1980, the legendary 4 button sack coat is...5 button coat? 

Spoiler
[close]

lel off to Nuremburg y'all.

Spoiler
[close]

Latest photo of Ukrainian Army around Donetsk.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2014, 12:46:25 am »
Look! they got their hands on a prototype AK!

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2014, 12:59:23 am »
first picture, guy on the left, hipster spotted.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline SherlockCat

• Major
  • "bitch don't make me bring them killers out." Keef
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SherlockCat
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2014, 01:00:17 am »
That picture seems more like a picture from a fashion shoot than a picture from an event in my opinion, but I get what you guys mean by him looking stupid.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2014, 01:12:02 am »
The 5 files from the right. I have no idea what this unit is called, they have no site or anything to my knowledge, all I know is they exist. I am not certain what unit they're supposed to be portraying, something to do with Grenadiers. Seen them a few times but they had a big turn out at this event at Spetchley Park where I was a spectator for a day, none of their uniforms seem to have any similarity, a few have shakos some have habites others have everything other than a habite or completley different habites from the rest. None of them seem to be uniformed the same. One of them has some sort of musketoon or blunderbuss, a lot of them seem to have different weapons. They're by far the worst uniformed French regiment in the UK.