Author Topic: Are "old gen" players really better than new gens?  (Read 9229 times)

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Are "old gen" players really better than new gens?
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2019, 08:29:03 pm »
old gens would get destroyed nowadays in a groupfight with how good me and a few others have gotten (jaax, phil)
that's because most of that old gen team doesn't play anymore

That's a terrible excuse. For instance, I joined my first reg in 2013 but didn't branch out into competitive until about 2016, by then most old gens were leaving or already gone. By now, a lot of "new gens" have been playing the game as long as old gens had played the game in terms of hours played, and groupfighting has evolved a lot since 2016.

That being said, I prefer playing with "old gen" players because their personalities are typically more fun to be around. I know a lot of people who are left in this community like to put mostly "old gens" on their all-time lists but if we are being real, "new gens" outstripped them long ago.

Somebody mentioned in a previous comment that being able to chamber was considered pretty high-skill in the old days. This is a good point because in 2019 pretty much everybody in the competitive scene chambers like it is second nature or a habit. Not to mention the meta has evolved, somewhat mimicing the EU playstyle. Ranging has become pretty meta in the last couple years, something I don't remember too many "old gens" being too adept at.
Can't know about NA but for EU chambering was just a standard thing for every player that played in tournaments. It was maybe considered high skill in some less skilled regiments amongst 'casual' players. The best ranging player was probably Evan who was using it extensively ever since I saw him play. He was using it a lot. But then again EU is just 100 years ahead of NA (apart from Mexico).

you guys are fucking dumbasses like legit holy shit you fcuking sweaty nerds have 5 ping and you make ft5's last 2 fucking hours
Lower ping = better mechanics which just further proves EU>NA.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2019, 10:23:22 pm »
old gens would get destroyed nowadays in a groupfight with how good me and a few others have gotten (jaax, phil)

That's a terrible excuse. For instance, I joined my first reg in 2013 but didn't branch out into competitive until about 2016, by then most old gens were leaving or already gone. By now, a lot of "new gens" have been playing the game as long as old gens had played the game in terms of hours played, and groupfighting has evolved a lot since 2016.

That being said, I prefer playing with "old gen" players because their personalities are typically more fun to be around. I know a lot of people who are left in this community like to put mostly "old gens" on their all-time lists but if we are being real, "new gens" outstripped them long ago.

Somebody mentioned in a previous comment that being able to chamber was considered pretty high-skill in the old days. This is a good point because in 2019 pretty much everybody in the competitive scene chambers like it is second nature or a habit. Not to mention the meta has evolved, somewhat mimicing the EU playstyle. Ranging has become pretty meta in the last couple years, something I don't remember too many "old gens" being too adept at.
No

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2019, 12:02:48 am »

No

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2019, 01:58:05 am »
This entire thread gives me so much aids I don't even know where to begin.

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2019, 02:14:54 am »
This entire thread gives me so much aids I don't even know where to begin.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline ManiacBullseye

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maniac
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2019, 02:58:13 am »

I wonder what SICK ass regiment you joined in 2k13.

75th actually LOL then USMC once disbanded.

Offline Brian Chiu

• Second Lieutenant
  • DUB BABY DUB
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hairdresser69
  • Side: Union
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2019, 05:40:40 am »
Like Kore said some are and some are not. There have been old gens who have came back in 2017 + and be some of the best players or really good players in EU/NA. Examples are Havoc, Windlife, Hellomoto, Zorkoth, Etc.
only havoc was good lol i can shit on the other ones easily with my fucking monitor off.
No
the fuck you mean "no" lol i legit shit on them when i was in the 6teSLR with 3k hours ofc but havoc was totally shit when he first came back and he was a total bot but he developed a totally new style for his melee because the old shit didnt work lmao. Windlife and hellomoto were just duelist and it showed in WPC where the Gfers dominated.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2019, 08:18:36 am »
Havoc was pretty bad in the 4v4 league where he played against actual even teams vs good players

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2019, 08:38:30 am »
Havoc was pretty bad in the 4v4 league where he played against actual even teams vs good players
sure ervryone would be bad with 2h past 2 weeks and before that no activity since wpc

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2019, 08:43:08 am »
sure ervryone would be bad with 2h past 2 weeks and before that no activity since wpc

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2019, 12:25:37 pm »
Does anyone really think that back in the days of old gens players were better? That's not really how any kind of competitive games work, just because there were more players in the old gen days and therefore more competition doesn't mean those players were at the same level that many players are at today. Then again it's all just speculation and actually impossible to know, but it is funny how whenever this topic is brought up people with thousands of forum posts are the ones that get the most riled up about it. I get it though, with thousands of posts on a forum for a DLC for a game that came out over 9 years ago it's no wonder why they think the past was better ;^)
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2019, 02:13:30 pm »
Old Gen reign supreme

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2019, 03:27:08 pm »
old gens are the best if you don't agree you're going to jail
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2019, 03:29:16 pm »
Old gen would beat new gen hands down, if you dont agree youre a new gen it's just that simple.
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Sir Obelix

• First Lieutenant
  • Banned!
  • attaquant au FC Oven
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2019, 04:13:56 pm »
what about medium gens?
Obelix geldi yala sonda zülfikar bunu kaç kere kovmuştu trollüyor tk atıyor diye ama iyi oynuyo ondan geldi demek.