Author Topic: Fifth Election (November-December term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 22895 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Fifth Election (November-December term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2016, 01:55:46 pm »
munj won by default since he was the only one allowed to apply.
fixed. anyone on the eu side could of applied, they chose not to.  If they wanted someone other than munj, someone should of stepped up.  They chose to not run anyone against him.  Yes, mekkil did apply, but seeing as he was banned(not by the mod staff) he was removed.  There was still time for people to apply.  riddles said he might run again this term, but never bothered to apply.  If people from the EU are unhappy, they will have to live with it.  They have no one else but themselves to blame.
I don't care who was mekkil banned by (everyone support 63e hegemony) but he was banned because you couldn't handle him winning and to remove competition for 63e (his ban also isn't on why this player was banned thread), and even before he was banned you didn't want to add him to candidates. Then NAs applied and you denied them by adding rule that NA can't candidate for EU.

#JusticeForMekkil
lol.  yea, i cried myself to sleep at night when i found out he won last time.  My world came crashing down.( i didn't think he did a bad job last time.  certainly more useful than some of the other reps elected)

the mod staff didn't ban him.  you would have to ask the person who banned em why they were banned.  A good guess would be the breaking of forum rules multiple times. (you only had to look around to see it. it was pretty obvious.)

he was added.  twice.  the first time right after i updated all the apps.   Why you choose to ignore this, idk.  He was removed as there were some hitler type pics added to his app after it was added.   Needless to say, that isn't tolerated on this forum.  he was then removed after he was banned, as you cant really do the job if you cant access the forum and interact with the members or the staff.

There was never a rule stating that NA could run for an EU spot.  We all know that if some EU member came in applying for the NA spot, they would be told off by a lot of people.(not to mention the point of having reps from their respective parts of the world)      from reading your posts, the only reason you even care about this is that it is a 63e member.  You distaste for them is very clear.  If it had been anyone else, i seriously doubt you or others would of ever cared. Your posts tell me that you care less about the principle of who can run for what and more about the personal aspect of who it is that ran.  Now we are at the point where are you going to actual debate the principle of the matter of who can run, or continue to whine about the person you don't like being elected because of their tags.  If it is the former, then have the reps talk to duuring about having people run for opposites sides position.  If it is the latter, don't bother responding.  Not going to waste my time with your personal quarrels. 

we shall see how good munj is as a rep.  same goes for whoever wins on the na side.  Either one or both could be great reps, even if their tags are from a group of people you don't like.  One should try to avoid judging someone based on their tags alone. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2016, 02:53:09 pm »
the mod staff didn't ban him.  you would have to ask the person who banned em why they were banned.  A good guess would be the breaking of forum rules multiple times. (you only had to look around to see it. it was pretty obvious.)
I don't care who banned him but reason should be displayed on that thread. You are suggesting I send personal message to every admin: "Did you ban Mekkil and why if you did? And why is it not displayed on thread?" when no admin ever replied to me.

he was added.  twice.  the first time right after i updated all the apps.   Why you choose to ignore this, idk.  He was removed as there were some hitler type pics added to his app after it was added.   Needless to say, that isn't tolerated on this forum.  he was then removed after he was banned, as you cant really do the job if you cant access the forum and interact with the members or the staff.
Well I cannot see post history updates like you can so I didn't know. And ofc he can't be CR if he is banned.

There was never a rule stating that NA could run for an EU spot. 
So there is no law that you can breathe so stop breathing?

We all know that if some EU member came in applying for the NA spot, they would be told off by a lot of people.(not to mention the point of having reps from their respective parts of the world)      from reading your posts, the only reason you even care about this is that it is a 63e member.  You distaste for them is very clear.  If it had been anyone else, i seriously doubt you or others would of ever cared. Your posts tell me that you care less about the principle of who can run for what and more about the personal aspect of who it is that ran.  Now we are at the point where are you going to actual debate the principle of the matter of who can run, or continue to whine about the person you don't like being elected because of their tags.  If it is the former, then have the reps talk to duuring about having people run for opposites sides position.  If it is the latter, don't bother responding.  Not going to waste my time with your personal quarrels. 
I do not dislike 63e or Munj, I dislike Karth for his abusive behavior and rest off the admin/mod team that allowed him to do that and support him. It is obvious that he is power hungry and wants 63e global hegemony. It makes sense that you added rule against EU/NA running for NA/EU CR, but combined with Mekkil's mysterious ban makes it a bit suspicious.

we shall see how good munj is as a rep.  same goes for whoever wins on the na side.  Either one or both could be great reps, even if their tags are from a group of people you don't like.  One should try to avoid judging someone based on their tags alone.
I believe he will do his job like every other CR before him, achieving nothing because nobody from admin/mod team gives a fuck what CR says.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2016, 03:03:15 pm »
There was never a rule stating that NA could run for an EU spot.  We all know that if some EU member came in applying for the NA spot, they would be told off by a lot of people.(not to mention the point of having reps from their respective parts of the world)

Now here is the only thing I am a tad displeased about.

I have nothing against Munj, don't even know the guy, so I really don't care about all of that.

However

You had candidates apply, well within the rules (I checked the whole election process, no rules against it), and a rule was created specifically to bar them. The logic of this rule is "The community would just tell them off anyway", which is honestly quite infuriating. The whole point of the Community Representative position is to serve as a point in communication between the community and the mods. A huge part of this is the community being able to tell the mods what they want. It has been quite clear from recent posts that the EUs wanted to at least have a choice, and a few are rightfully infuriated at the fact that a choice has been denied to them because the mods made a rule under the assumption that they wouldn't want an NA candidate. Democracy should have handled that, not the mods. Also if they REALLY wanted to vote for him, I think Mekkil should have been a valid candidate still. Most of my communication between the mods and the community as a CR was through Steam anyhow, so a passable job could still be done. (BTW this is aimed more at Duuring than you, Thunder)

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2016, 03:12:50 pm »
Munj is a really nice guy, so if anyone has any doubts towards him for being a member of the 63e and being a part of Karths ultimate plan of global domination then there's no need to worry, hes got his head screwed on in the right place and EU couldn't do any better for a CR. The fact that he was the "only" applicant is another issue entirely, one that I don't want to get drawn in on.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2016, 05:05:26 pm »

I don't care who banned him but reason should be displayed on that thread. You are suggesting I send personal message to every admin: "Did you ban Mekkil and why if you did? And why is it not displayed on thread?" when no admin ever replied to me.

You do realize that only 1 member of the mod staff can ban right?(duuring)  and i said it wasn't a member of the mod staff.  That leaves you with 2 possibilities, and i will let you use some deductive reasoning to figure out who it was.   Mikkel is a friend of the devs, and the devs do what they do.  They don't need to tell you why they banned their friend.  Nor why they unban him if they do.  I already told you he broke forum rules several times, and if you were on the forums the several days he did it, you couldn't have missed it.(spam)  It was their way of handling it.

Well I cannot see post history updates like you can so I didn't know. And ofc he can't be CR if he is banned.
Yes you can.  You cant see deleted posts or posts in boards you don't have access to, but you can see past regular posts.

So there is no law that you can breathe so stop breathing?
what a bad analogy.

I do not dislike 63e or Munj, I dislike Karth for his abusive behavior and rest off the admin/mod team that allowed him to do that and support him. It is obvious that he is power hungry and wants 63e global hegemony. It makes sense that you added rule against EU/NA running for NA/EU CR, but combined with Mekkil's mysterious ban makes it a bit suspicious.
you, as have many others, have made it clear you don't like the 63e.(especially others)  It is just not a dislike of karth.  If you don't like them, that is fine, that is your opinion.  If you don't like something he did with regards to moderation, then contact duuring or the CR with evidence.  Unlike the server side of the administration, i am not involved when it comes to dealing with complaints.  I am just a regular forum mod. 

I believe he will do his job like every other CR before him, achieving nothing because nobody from admin/mod team gives a fuck what CR says.
funny, seeing as they have gotten stuff done and their opinion has mattered.   i will give you one very clear example.(before you move the goal post)   

June as CR made a poll where people were interested in a Pub LB.  I decided after a lot of pondering with a lot of doubt to its success to approve it.(after doing other checks)   Now, he didn't do too much with regards helping set it up or admining it(he has been an admin for a long time).  Various admins chimed in on the rules and how things should be enforced.  I eventually made a set of rules that after a few tweaks made it into the event thread.  I never wanted the event to be my event.  It was meant to be an event for the community hosted by the admin staff.  but it eventually turned into my event and i had to do most of the work.(never hosted an event before this)  This is not even counting the maps and scripts i made to help the server/event.   The event went fairly well imo and that is in part thanks to not only the regular admin staff, but  the lb admins and the regs attending.  It could of gone better, but it was still good. 

There was never a rule stating that NA could run for an EU spot.  We all know that if some EU member came in applying for the NA spot, they would be told off by a lot of people.(not to mention the point of having reps from their respective parts of the world)

Now here is the only thing I am a tad displeased about.

I have nothing against Munj, don't even know the guy, so I really don't care about all of that.

However

You had candidates apply, well within the rules (I checked the whole election process, no rules against it), and a rule was created specifically to bar them. The logic of this rule is "The community would just tell them off anyway", which is honestly quite infuriating. The whole point of the Community Representative position is to serve as a point in communication between the community and the mods. A huge part of this is the community being able to tell the mods what they want. It has been quite clear from recent posts that the EUs wanted to at least have a choice, and a few are rightfully infuriated at the fact that a choice has been denied to them because the mods made a rule under the assumption that they wouldn't want an NA candidate. Democracy should have handled that, not the mods. Also if they REALLY wanted to vote for him, I think Mekkil should have been a valid candidate still. Most of my communication between the mods and the community as a CR was through Steam anyhow, so a passable job could still be done. (BTW this is aimed more at Duuring than you, Thunder)
you and i talked about this before.  I see your tone changed from not caring too much to now you care. 

the part in parentheses is the key reason imo, not because people would start a fight about having a EU run for an NA spot.  You know as well as i do that would make a lot of people unhappy, and if we allowed it, it would make a lot of people really unhappy.  and if i had to guess, you would be right up there supporting the unhappy people in regards to why we would even allow it. 

The question would be asked why do we even have NA and EU reps if we allow one side to run for the other.  That it would ruin the point of having someone from their respective part of the world.  Someone who is knowledgeable or can easily become knowledgeable about the issues on their side.  Someone who is available at the time of day when their community is awake and active. Someone who actually knows the members well on their side.  and this isn't even getting into the fact that the members themselves know who their rep is.(i don't just mean forum name, but the actual person.  and i don't mean just knowing them for being a memer)  I could go on by i digress.    There are very few who can do the above if at all.  Especially if they are across the pond.  Maybe if it was someone who lived on both sides of the pond long enough and proven to know both sides really well, there could be an exception for them.(would have to be discussed)   Jackie and savs are just 2 names that come to mind that fit that.   

The EU members had months to decide if they wanted to run.  They had 5 days to apply.   Only 2 did.  1 was removed twice as mentioned above.  Others(EU) didn't even care until after apps were closed.  Reopening apps after they were closed is not fair to those who applied on time.  Democracy can still happen, even if someone doesn't have a challenger.  If other EU members wanted to make a non troll app before apps were closed, they would of been added and a vote between them would of happened.   They didn't.  They spoke by not having someone else run.  You cant blame the mods, we didn't bar  EU members from running.(as long as they didn't break forum rules in their app or make a troll app which i made clear would not be accepted)     You are arguing for the removal of NA and Eu differentiation, and instead just having 2 reps.  If that is what you wanted, then you should of pushed for this change when you were CR. 

You are assuming that the few that posted here represent all of the EU members or even a majority.   Unless you can back that up, don't bother speaking for all of them.     Too many times someone has spoken on "behalf of the people" when they really only spoke for a few.(usually a vocal few)  Even if someone is elected by the majority, it doesn't mean a majority share the same view on a subject.  I haven't seen the last or new rep speak on this.   

There are quite a few things that you need the forum for.  You know this.  Just being on steam is not enough.  especially if people cant talk to you on steam.

anyways the above is my opinion.  CR thing is Duuring's thing.  He can make whatever changes he wants to it.   in this case, the change is not unreasonable, even if you disagree with it.  in under a day, we will know who won the NA election, and you can talk to them about what changes you want or would like. 

this will be my last response on this for a while so don't expect a response right away. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2016, 06:36:31 pm »
During my conversation with Munj regarding the 63e-matter, I have noticed that he is indeed capable, mature and willing enough to resolve issues. He was open to criticism towards the 63e and proved willing to change things from his end. I can't say anything else but that I deem him valuable to the community. He has my full support and I am glad the EU has at least this candidate to have trust in.

The 63e matter should be solved. I have explained why this was nonsense and I hope you people do not bring it up again. It is a waste of time.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2016, 06:38:51 pm »
No I can't see history of a post how it was edited.

What does CR being lazy has to do with how much power he has?

You kinda can't know my feelings about 63e, I dislike Karth and Herishey told me Munj is a good guy and I believe him.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 06:44:03 pm by McPero »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2016, 06:46:43 pm »
I'm happy meikel was banned. He kept spamming those birthday threads and it was annoying af.

An NA running for EU CR is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. It completely ruins the point of having 2 CRs.

1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2016, 07:05:59 pm »
No I can't see history of a post how it was edited.

What does CR being lazy has to do with how much power he has?

You kinda can't know my feelings about 63e, I dislike Karth and Herishey told me Munj is a good guy and I believe him.
ah, yes, you wouldn't be able to see the edits of post.  CR should be able to. 
not even sure what you are talking about in line 2. 

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2016, 07:25:56 pm »
The 63e matter should be solved. I have explained why this was nonsense and I hope you people do not bring it up again. It is a waste of time.

Well you didn't help yourself and your position as CR when you did it by just insulting everyone. It will be brought up again, trust me, and you did the square root of jack in terms of permanently ending matters.

The "Anti-63e" feeling is a deep and festering wound as I said when the matter was first raised at the beginning of your term. It won't be solved in a single term by one CR who didn't exactly distinguish himself in any way or actually solve the matter.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2016, 07:39:31 pm »

Well you didn't help yourself and your position as CR when you did it by just insulting everyone. It will be brought up again, trust me, and you did the square root of jack in terms of permanently ending matters.

The "Anti-63e" feeling is a deep and festering wound as I said when the matter was first raised at the beginning of your term. It won't be solved in a single term by one CR who didn't exactly distinguish himself in any way or actually solve the matter.

I have acknowledged I did not have the time to put as muhch effort into the matter as I wanted to. This is disappointing but not something I can do much about as of now. However, deals were struck between me and the 63e, and I believe those have been succesful. Besides some personal grievances the past weeks, there hasn't been much shitposting from the 63e side, or at least you could say it has significantly decreased.

Yes I had not the time to truly distinguish myself as a CR and it is something I regret. I should not have run but waited until the January-Febuary term, for I will have much more timeo n my hands then.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_Lieut_NickyJ
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2016, 08:02:35 pm »
I have no issues the 63e, and have no beefs with any other people that have run for Com. Rep. positions so far. Except for Mekkil, who it seems fairly clearly didn't care about the position, just the fun of running for the position. I do, however, take issue with what was quoted below:

The question would be asked why do we even have NA and EU reps if we allow one side to run for the other.  That it would ruin the point of having someone from their respective part of the world.  Someone who is knowledgeable or can easily become knowledgeable about the issues on their side.  Someone who is available at the time of day when their community is awake and active. Someone who actually knows the members well on their side.  and this isn't even getting into the fact that the members themselves know who their rep is.(i don't just mean forum name, but the actual person.  and i don't mean just knowing them for being a memer)  I could go on by i digress.    There are very few who can do the above if at all.  Especially if they are across the pond.  Maybe if it was someone who lived on both sides of the pond long enough and proven to know both sides really well, there could be an exception for them.(would have to be discussed)   Jackie and savs are just 2 names that come to mind that fit that.

I am from NA, and I have been NA all my life. Even so, each of the nearly 4 years that I've spent playing NW have been in the EU. For over three years now, I have either personally led or been one of the commanding officers in my own EU regiment, the 73rd. The vast majority of my NW contacts are from the EU, all from getting to know the people that lead regiments and host events. I keep close contact with various event hosts, and so have a fairly good web of regiments and communities to rely on. With all that being said, it bothers me that I am now being told that I cannot represent the community that I know best and interact with most because live in NA. I'm available at their time of day, available nearly every day.

I'm not making this post because I wanted to run in this election cycle. I thought about it, but decided not to - before the influx of other members trying to run in EU - because I don't have any grand schemes to propose or enact. But I am disturbed that now I am being barred from running in the future by a hastily enacted, poorly planned rule that was meant to patch a hole in the boat that started leaking only just now.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2016, 12:35:44 am »
I have no issues the 63e, and have no beefs with any other people that have run for Com. Rep. positions so far. Except for Mekkil, who it seems fairly clearly didn't care about the position, just the fun of running for the position. I do, however, take issue with what was quoted below:

I am from NA, and I have been NA all my life. Even so, each of the nearly 4 years that I've spent playing NW have been in the EU. For over three years now, I have either personally led or been one of the commanding officers in my own EU regiment, the 73rd. The vast majority of my NW contacts are from the EU, all from getting to know the people that lead regiments and host events. I keep close contact with various event hosts, and so have a fairly good web of regiments and communities to rely on. With all that being said, it bothers me that I am now being told that I cannot represent the community that I know best and interact with most because live in NA. I'm available at their time of day, available nearly every day.

I'm not making this post because I wanted to run in this election cycle. I thought about it, but decided not to - before the influx of other members trying to run in EU - because I don't have any grand schemes to propose or enact. But I am disturbed that now I am being barred from running in the future by a hastily enacted, poorly planned rule that was meant to patch a hole in the boat that started leaking only just now.
that hyperbole makes it hard to take that part of your post seriously.

anyways, duuring is a reasonable person, despite all the rhetoric that people like to throw around.(even if you disagree with his decisions)  you can talk to him about making an exception, as i mentioned earlier.  depending on how good you articulate your points, he may allow you to run for EU CR.(or vice versa)    there is nothing stopping you from running for NA CR and still helping out the EUs if you win.

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_Lieut_NickyJ
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2016, 02:23:59 am »
I am being barred from running in the future by a hastily enacted, poorly planned rule

anyways, duuring is a reasonable person, despite all the rhetoric that people like to throw around.(even if you disagree with his decisions)  you can talk to him about making an exception, as i mentioned earlier.  depending on how good you articulate your points, he may allow you to run for EU CR.(or vice versa)    there is nothing stopping you from running for NA CR and still helping out the EUs if you win.
It absolutely would be hyperbole if there was actually a rule announced before the election saying that it wasn't allowed. Instead, it's absolutely true: It was hastily announced after people applied to run, after five elections. If it is true that individual cases can be argued and allowed, then that is fair enough, though there is still nothing to suggest that it wasn't a poorly planned rule if it had to be created on the spot.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 02:26:16 am by NickyJ »

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2016, 11:19:57 am »
I am being barred from running in the future by a hastily enacted, poorly planned rule

It absolutely would be hyperbole if there was actually a rule announced before the election saying that it wasn't allowed. Instead, it's absolutely true: It was hastily announced after people applied to run, after five elections. If it is true that individual cases can be argued and allowed, then that is fair enough, though there is still nothing to suggest that it wasn't a poorly planned rule if it had to be created on the spot.
Nah mate FSE logic is that there is no rule that allows you to candidate for other side so it's okay.