Author Topic: Which nations are the worst at fighting wars?  (Read 93139 times)

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
Re: Which nations are the worst at fighting wars?
« Reply #360 on: January 21, 2018, 08:05:23 pm »
the tens of thousands of farmers that supplied food to the German troops, thousands of Dutch women who served as nurses, tens of thousands of Dutch bureaucrats working in some capacity for the Reichskommissariat Niederlande, and tens of thousands of firefighters and police officers that were paid by the Reich.

I'll bite.

Most of those people were doing the exact same job they did as before the Germans came. The difference was that their employer was now the German Reich instead of the Dutch government. That doesn't make them accomplices, that makes them ordinary citizens going on with their lives as best as they could in war time. Even if you disagreed with the Germans, you still wouldn't quit your job. Life is hard enough as it is in wartime, you really don't want to add the problems of being unemployed and with no income on top of that. Worse still, you had a pretty good chance of being deported to work in some factory making armaments in Germany if you were unemployed.

But seriously, how in your eyes (if you even are serious, which I doubt at this point) is a firefighter responsible for helping the Germans exterminate the Jews just because he is paid by them? What!? That is saying an office clerk in Washington is responsible for the death toll in the Iraq War because he works for the Government that did that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:07:43 pm by joer5835 »
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #361 on: January 21, 2018, 08:09:27 pm »
He's just trolling. A pretty good go at that, no doubt. But let me remind you, KurassierNixon, that you have just been unbanned and derailing serious discussion just to troll doesn't really convince me you're that serious about wanted to be unbanned from the forum. Now, we (I) shouldn't have bitten in the first place, so I'm not gonna give you a punishment or anything, but I am going to ask that you stop posting in this thread and refrain from these kind of actions in the future.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2018, 11:59:54 pm »
Not a military strategic blunder, rather a political one.

Military and politics are not seperated realms.

Yes they are, not only because I have seen this unfolding over the past 1.5 years myself and feel the effects of the Military and political differences every fucking day, but it is also taught in the different  levels of miliatry operations (Technical, tactical, Operational, Military Strategic level and political strategy (also called grand strategy)) there is a reason why the two are seperated.

Quoting Clausewitz, war may be a continuation of politics by different means, but that doesn't mean the military is a political being, a political instrument, of course, but not political in nature inherently. There is a reason why clausewitz makes the military a seperate entity in the 'Holy Trinity'.

Also Nixon it really isn't a good idea to basically call the Head Moderator's country completely Nazi in what was most like the worst period for our country in recent history.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 22, 2018, 11:41:17 am »
Quoting Clausewitz, war may be a continuation of politics by different means, but that doesn't mean the military is a political being, a political instrument, of course, but not political in nature inherently.

Not my point. Of course the military works different, it's designed to be; In that we agree. My point was that what the military gets, how it looks and most importantly what it does (and what it doesn't do), are all political decisions, even if the decision is made by or delegated to members of the military. Soldiers don't send themselves to Mali. At the same time, the military situation directly effects the political situation. I'm not saying military and politics are the same realm, they're just not seperated.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 22, 2018, 12:24:55 pm »
Thanks KurassierNixon! You just made my day. ;D

Spoiler
On a serious note: Your crap is worse then the one I just released from my alcohol-recovering body. And I can tell you, it aint pretty!
[close]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:27:30 pm by Gokiller »

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 22, 2018, 12:41:28 pm »
Quoting Clausewitz, war may be a continuation of politics by different means, but that doesn't mean the military is a political being, a political instrument, of course, but not political in nature inherently.

Not my point. Of course the military works different, it's designed to be; In that we agree. My point was that what the military gets, how it looks and most importantly what it does (and what it doesn't do), are all political decisions, even if the decision is made by or delegated to members of the military. Soldiers don't send themselves to Mali. At the same time, the military situation directly effects the political situation. I'm not saying military and politics are the same realm, they're just not seperated.

You're looking at this in I think the wrong way. They are indeed not the same realm and they are indeed seperated. The military side of a conflict only deals with the military strategic situation (so dealing with the problems of theatre-wide violence) while the political realm deals with the political ones. It is true that the military in the end is the method to achieve larger political goals, but the military itself does not concern itself with those exact political goals, that is an entire seperate aspect of the war, which is seperated clearly except at the highest possible form of military leadership. And to take that as justification to say they're not seperated jsut seems far-fetched with me.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 22, 2018, 01:06:28 pm »
Thanks KurassierNixon! You just made my day. ;D

Spoiler
On a serious note: Your crap is worse then the one I just released from my alcohol-recovering body. And I can tell you, it aint pretty!
[close]

I could tell too
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 22, 2018, 01:27:36 pm »
It is true that the military in the end is the method to achieve larger political goals, but the military itself does not concern itself with those exact political goals, that is an entire seperate aspect of the war, which is seperated clearly except at the highest possible form of military leadership.

But the militairy is directly effected by and effects the political situation. Their level of training, their supplies, their goals, their equipment, their motivation - all of that are a result of a previous political decision. Civil servants within a certain department also don't concern themselves with exact political goals.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 22, 2018, 10:20:26 pm »
It is true that the military in the end is the method to achieve larger political goals, but the military itself does not concern itself with those exact political goals, that is an entire seperate aspect of the war, which is seperated clearly except at the highest possible form of military leadership.

But the militairy is directly effected by and effects the political situation. Their level of training, their supplies, their goals, their equipment, their motivation - all of that are a result of a previous political decision. Civil servants within a certain department also don't concern themselves with exact political goals.

I'd say military operations are more influenced by the weather than by politicians to be fair.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #369 on: January 22, 2018, 10:25:09 pm »
Hardly.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Wolff

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 23, 2018, 01:36:52 pm »
Thank god. I wanted to visit the Netherlands this year but now I'm happily aware of what a nazi shithole this country seems to be. Hate em. Going to Belgium now

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 23, 2018, 01:45:23 pm »
Thank god. I wanted to visit the Netherlands this year but now I'm happily aware of what a nazi shithole this country seems to be. Hate em. Going to Belgium now

Arguably a better idea anyway... for vacation anway

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #372 on: February 17, 2018, 03:07:05 am »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #373 on: February 17, 2018, 04:03:01 am »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2018, 04:15:03 am »
France over history has won alot of wars compared to most countries.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.