Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018  (Read 309643 times)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars World Cup 2018 [Still in progress][Open]
« Reply #615 on: February 18, 2018, 02:30:23 am »
NEW RULE: THIS IS NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION

All teams will be required to give teamspeak access to the Referee and/or organisers when a match commences, they will sit in the AFK channel unless needed.

Once again, this is not optional.

or just enforce ID checks?...
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #616 on: February 18, 2018, 02:30:31 am »
Tbh saying that it doesn’t matter unless you’re competing for 1-3 is like saying rules should never be enforced in the World Cup until the semi finals. It’s a ridiculous statement. Nothing can be valid unless the rule set is enforced with consistency.

I'm not saying that rules shouldn't be enforced till the semis final, merely that we cannot expect new hosts of practically a new tourney to perm ban a team for something that happened in the past, especially when it was delt with and a punishment was implemented quite early on last time.
It’s still the same tournament...just because they’re different hosts that doesn’t change the fact that this has been held for years. A rule was broken, a punishment should be enacted.

Offline Vortx

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 18, 2018, 02:31:23 am »

Surely people shouldn't be getting upset over these sort of things unless it cost them a 1-3 place in the tourney cus are they not the only positions that matter ?
Nobody likes being cheated on, i'm sure you'd complain if you were in our situation. That's just sad you can't see the point of it.

I can see why ur upset I just don't fully understand why it should carry over to a brand new format for what is essentially a different tourney with the same name I think that the Cpts of Ukr from last year should be punished but I don't think that the whole team should be banned, that's a bit extreme. All i'm trying to say is that I don't think it fair that you can carry something over so heavily from a previous year to new hosts when it didn't really even change the outcome of the previous games.
So what are these rules made for? It is stated 'no invites". Maybe baninng whole team is too harsh, but captains without a doubt are guilty for bringing invites and they still haven't been punished since then. They agreed to respect the rules.
Why do i think we should carry it over? Because NWWC otherwise would become a joke where you can bring invites, break rules without any consequences. I'm done here and not going to carry on this such interesting conversation.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:33:31 am by Vortx »

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
  • Poosy Owner | 25th Member | NWWC 2018 Organiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 18, 2018, 02:32:11 am »

All teams will be required to give teamspeak access to the Referee and/or organisers when a match commences, they will sit in the AFK channel unless needed.

ID checks will be enforced...otherwise why would i be asking for ID in the application?  Still doesn't stop people for using fake accounts under fake names. Just another precaution. Thought you would be happy about it :)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 18, 2018, 02:34:22 am »
I mean that makes sense. Reff should sit in both teamspeaks and check the rosters etc. before starting.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Hercules

• First Lieutenant
  • Poosy Owner | 25th Member | NWWC 2018 Organiser
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 18, 2018, 02:36:11 am »

Surely people shouldn't be getting upset over these sort of things unless it cost them a 1-3 place in the tourney cus are they not the only positions that matter ?
Nobody likes being cheated on, i'm sure you'd complain if you were in our situation. That's just sad you can't see the point of it.

I can see why ur upset I just don't fully understand why it should carry over to a brand new format for what is essentially a different tourney with the same name I think that the Cpts of Ukr from last year should be punished but I don't think that the whole team should be banned, that's a bit extreme. All i'm trying to say is that I don't think it fair that you can carry something over so heavily from a previous year to new hosts when it didn't really even change the outcome of the previous games.
So what are these rules made for? It is stated 'no invites". Maybe bannig whole team is too harsh, but captains without a doubt are guilty for bringing invites and they still haven't been punished since then. They agreed to respect the rules.
Why do i think we should carry it over? Because NWWC otherwise would become a joke where you can bring invites, break rules without any consequences. I'm done here and not going to carry on this such interesting conversation.

Vortx. Me and you have had a thorough conversation about this on steam, i insist we drop this subject, as i am already working on some form of resolution and consequence, thank you.

Offline Bagins

• Second Lieutenant
  • Love to GF love to Win
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Faggins
« Reply #621 on: February 18, 2018, 02:37:01 am »
they were banned last year, what possible team would want to do it again knowing that with all these rules are in place, and people are aware that there might be cheaters now. They would most likely be caught straight away and would be banned, who's in it not to win it, they would never win so it won't happen again.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 18, 2018, 02:39:52 am »
We've been asked to drop it and I think we said all we need so I take my leave ^
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 18, 2018, 02:49:46 am »
its like letting movement's regiment play in RGL, that went well innit

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 18, 2018, 02:51:13 am »
Letting rule breakers into the tournament is like selecting a map with hills against the 18e

Offline Bagins

• Second Lieutenant
  • Love to GF love to Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 18, 2018, 02:57:59 am »
We've been asked to drop it and I think we said all we need so I take my leave ^

^^

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #626 on: February 18, 2018, 03:12:13 am »
What is a bagins anyway  ::)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #627 on: February 18, 2018, 03:15:46 am »

ID checks will be enforced...otherwise why would i be asking for ID in the application?  Still doesn't stop people for using fake accounts under fake names. Just another precaution. Thought you would be happy about it :)

shit I actually posted my ID in the application as well, totally forgot xD

all cool  8)
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Bagins

• Second Lieutenant
  • Love to GF love to Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 18, 2018, 03:20:23 am »
What is a bagins anyway  ::)

Dan i'm currently going through a spiritual and religious journey, better educating myself on religion and the world, next on my list is the Jewish faith, could you possibly take me through it sometime ? ;D :P

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 18, 2018, 03:21:02 am »
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?