Author Topic: My rant on reviving the NA community  (Read 12583 times)

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
  • Slayer of Weebs, Destroyer of WoR, Fattest cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hoekage of NW
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: My rant on reviving the NA community
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2018, 10:45:26 pm »
Ian been on this thread in a hot minute but yeah, its a old game but still there are old games that are still thriving and sadly i think games like this aren't interesting to the youngins anymore but still had to show some love for the game i grew up with.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2018, 12:02:13 am »
Ian been on this thread in a hot minute but yeah, its a old game but still there are old games that are still thriving and sadly i think games like this aren't interesting to the youngins anymore but still had to show some love for the game i grew up with.
Blame Fortnite

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2018, 04:59:01 pm »
Blame normie nite

Offline MapleMoose

• Private
  • Spookey
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2FA]MapleMoose
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2019, 04:54:43 am »
Honestly I think the game started to die a lot faster with the death of Na1 and NaGF because sure there weren't a ton of players but there still was a good community that wanted to get on and play with some randoms and friends. Its a shame coming back to the game and servers are all dead. And understandably people grow up, we all did.
Moo,Sehr schön

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2019, 05:27:30 am »
If all the players that play botsurvival would only play NA_1 :(
But I guess the noobs like killing bots I guess. Sadly.
That server was the shit for the longest time.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2019, 07:23:27 am »
If all the players that play botsurvival would only play NA_1 :(
But I guess the noobs like killing bots I guess. Sadly.
That server was the shit for the longest time.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2019, 07:07:23 pm »
Yeah there are tons of people playing bot survival, commander battle, and zombie survival. People like playing against bots cause it's easy. There are people from the BBG discord making their own "Regiments" and attend events sometimes.

You're more than welcomed to recruit on bot survival but usually you get a pretty negative response. I try to encourage people to join fse from our discord but people frankly don't care.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline samthekeen

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2019, 11:47:38 pm »
NA community cant possibly be revived because they have no pub brawlers. now pub brawlers derive from the early 9th century. the quality of brawlers have been from the irish decent, up until the 19th century when the english "belly boys" lashed a massive 4 pinter glass and Mcullens head (5 times champion brawler) he died immediately. from this day on the english took command of the competition. The NA will never accomplish such a feet.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2019, 01:51:30 am »
NA community cant possibly be revived because they have no pub brawlers. now pub brawlers derive from the early 9th century. the quality of brawlers have been from the irish decent, up until the 19th century when the english "belly boys" lashed a massive 4 pinter glass and Mcullens head (5 times champion brawler) he died immediately. from this day on the english took command of the competition. The NA will never accomplish such a feet.
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Eazy-E

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: E
  • Side: Union
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2019, 05:25:16 am »
I read the op but not the replies so sorry if I'm repeating points already made but, from an (old) EU perspective, the community is stale, and recruitment is dead. Sadly, the game is no longer in its heyday. There is no longer a huge pool of recruits to be found on public servers; the days of taking in fresh people and training them up is long gone (I'm sure there are anectodal examples to the contrary but it's nowhere near on the same scale). What we're stuck with is a situation where everybody knows everybody, we all know who the good players are, and many of them hop regiments depending on what's popular at that moment.

There have always been flavour of the month regiments with good rosters that don't last long, but over the years these seem to have become the norm rather than the exception. I know you titled this as a rant, and while a lot what you said is spot on, there doesn't seem to be a way of fixing this problem of a lack of new talent. As the years go on, the community gets smaller and smaller, leaving the hardcore players who have invested a lot of time in the game. It's why groupfighting teams are so prevelant now, when back in the day it was all about regiments. Gone are the days of regiments that had both roleplay and competitive elements down. It's now usually one or the other. I must say that the regiment I'm in, the 33rd, does manage to balance the two but a regiment with the 33rd's longevity and size is rare. Starting a regiment in 2019 with "no-name" recruits is basically impossible - back in 2012-14 it was very achievable, sheerly due to the number of pub players who were willing to try joining a regiment. The only chance new regiments have now is to recruit already established players - who tend to be less loyal and are happy to jump to the next big thing once you start losing.

The solution? I don't think there is one. It's an old game, with far fewer players than there used to be. So I think all we can do now is to appreciate each other for sticking with this game for so long, respect each other's achievements and just have a nice time playing the game we all love, until something new and exciting (hopefully) comes along and gives the community a much needed new lease of life.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2019, 05:31:49 am »
The solution? I don't think there is one. It's an old game, with far fewer players than there used to be. So I think all we can do now is to appreciate each other for sticking with this game for so long, respect each other's achievements and just have a nice time playing the game we all love, until something new and exciting (hopefully) comes along and gives the community a much needed new lease of life.

That's very well said. I find that pubs just want to play super duper casually, and yea almost every CR says they'll find a way to get more pubs involved and what have you but in the end they're all happy and we want to grow regiments to keep it interesting. I hope BCOF will be a good time and New players will join.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2019, 03:49:17 pm »

That's very well said. I find that pubs just want to play super duper casually, and yea almost every CR says they'll find a way to get more pubs involved and what have you but in the end they're all happy and we want to grow regiments to keep it interesting. I hope BCOF will be a good time and New players will join.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline purplishdragon

• Second Lieutenant
  • hey pussy are you still there?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2019, 06:00:13 am »
reviving nw, just get your irl friends to play.  but thats gonna be no from me dawg that will never happen because no one will know i play this game

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2019, 06:02:55 am »

Eazy-E speaking wisdom.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2019, 02:23:12 pm »
reviving nw, just get your irl friends to play.  but thats gonna be no from me dawg that will never happen because no one will know i play this game
Same lol