Author Topic: Developer Blog 28 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.2  (Read 50488 times)

Offline Akhilleus

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Comolokko
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Developer Blog 28 - Napoleonic Wars Patch 1.2
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2018, 03:39:40 pm »
so when do we fix this melee

with this new update holdfast melee > nw melee congrats to update team

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2018, 04:06:28 pm »

jeez you guys are pathetic

|Viper|

« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2018, 04:28:40 pm »

Glances are the only problem imo I get like 5-8 in one duel but everything else is okay.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2018, 04:42:45 pm »

Glances are the only problem imo I get like 5-8 in one duel but everything else is okay.

Ill agree that glances are a bit weird (ive had issues myself) but saying the melee is completely broken is just bit over the top lul

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2018, 04:53:11 pm »
Its either fix it to closer to what it was and fix the stupid poking situation.

Or

Every server uses Faster instead.

Faster = Old Medium
Current Medium = Old Slower

and we still get a fix for the fact that at perfect ranges, we still poke 60-75% of the stabs we make. This should be the priority, the only reason the EU competitive community still survived all this time was because of that melee.

I'd say the increased amount of pokes proves that the melee is slower. Obviously people have different opinions on this but I'm sticking to my view of it being slower and feeling like V-Sync is on.

I'm trying to persuade Bob to change Groupfighting Server speed settings to faster, although, people have told me that I still move very fast to the point of where they can't see what I'm doing (without God Mode on) so I'm not sure how fair this would be.

Na gf is on fastest, it does not help the amount of poles or glances that we get now
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2018, 04:56:45 pm »
Its either fix it to closer to what it was and fix the stupid poking situation.

Or

Every server uses Faster instead.

Faster = Old Medium
Current Medium = Old Slower

and we still get a fix for the fact that at perfect ranges, we still poke 60-75% of the stabs we make. This should be the priority, the only reason the EU competitive community still survived all this time was because of that melee.

I'd say the increased amount of pokes proves that the melee is slower. Obviously people have different opinions on this but I'm sticking to my view of it being slower and feeling like V-Sync is on.

I'm trying to persuade Bob to change Groupfighting Server speed settings to faster, although, people have told me that I still move very fast to the point of where they can't see what I'm doing (without God Mode on) so I'm not sure how fair this would be.

Na gf is on fastest, it does not help the amount of poles or glances that we get now

Should have been more clear. I don't mean to say that increasing the melee speed will reduce the amount of pokes, but it may help to make the animations faster for preparing stabs etc.

Lurvy

« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2018, 04:58:28 pm »
Melee feels good right now. Only see glances when people try to attack standing right on-top of you. If anything, this fixed melee.

Wursti

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2018, 05:49:00 pm »
wtf is ur problem just cuz u got worse with this patch?

im totally fine with this melee so dont be too dramatic and say its holdfast melee wtf just get used to it

ofc it feels faster but u played on like 1fps before in comparism to the "new" performance
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 05:54:51 pm by Wursti »

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2018, 05:51:12 pm »
Is it possible to disable bots being able to cap the flag in siege mode?

Oh - and thanks for the different textured ground squares / rectangles - they are making mapping so much easier. Can I suggest another?  Ice.
I believe the game looks for all human agents near the flag, not just players.  you might be able to change it to only human players?

i would say that is probably better left to any one server to decide if they want or not rather than us changing it on all servers in a hotfix. 

I think you might have misunderstood?  Bots could not cap the flag before the update - they can now - this is something that was done in the update and seriously skews the gameplay on vs bots siege server such as ours - what I'm asking is - can it be disabled (what you have done) or changed back? and how?

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2018, 05:56:57 pm »

im totally fine with this melee so dont be too dramatic and say its holdfast melee wtf just get used to it

ofc it feels faster but u played on like 1fps before in comparism to the "new" performance

Who are you talking to?

Wursti

« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2018, 05:58:10 pm »

Who are you talking to?

idk i just wanted to share my salty opinion with this community

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2018, 06:00:56 pm »
Ottoman Empire defeated Napoleon in Egypt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_campaign_in_Egypt_and_Syria

Considering that most random generated maps are deserts... That might've made sense. xD

Whilst any new faction is a good step forward, and the new one was easy to achieve with simple re-colourings mostly of existing uniform parts, it would make more sense if any future factions are considered to do something new - the war of 1812 USA, with native American allies would really please the USA audience, and i'd also cast another vote for the Ottomans - something different, yet in period and very colourful.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2018, 06:04:34 pm »
smh Rheinbund is the faction that was implemented into the game and if you don't like it too bad. They aren't changing, removing, or adding another faction. The only thing that's left for the LAST NW UPDATE is a simple bugfix.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

AeroNinja

« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2018, 06:05:35 pm »
I have seen different fonts in the game but mine stayed the same?

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2018, 06:17:24 pm »
smh Rheinbund is the faction that was implemented into the game and if you don't like it too bad. They aren't changing, removing, or adding another faction. The only thing that's left for the LAST NW UPDATE is a simple bugfix.

I'm talking about further updates, NOT THIS ONE