Author Topic: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!  (Read 106735 times)

Offline Oposum

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Developer Blog 17 - Napoleonic Wars v1.1 Public Beta!
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2013, 12:22:33 pm »
While new siege maps look interesting, they're godawful. I realize most map makers try to make their forts ridiculously big, but making run from attacker spawn to the flag last around 4 minutes is pretty bad (especially considering rounds take 20 minutes).
This ridiculously big maps have a side-effect of making attackers just shoot it out with defenders (since noone enjoys spending bigger part of his playing time running) and leads to the usual dull gameplay most of the NW siege servers have.
Also, on siege beta server random plains are in map rotation.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2013, 01:21:30 pm »
While new siege maps look interesting, they're godawful. I realize most map makers try to make their forts ridiculously big, but making run from attacker spawn to the flag last around 4 minutes is pretty bad (especially considering rounds take 20 minutes).
This ridiculously big maps have a side-effect of making attackers just shoot it out with defenders (since noone enjoys spending bigger part of his playing time running) and leads to the usual dull gameplay most of the NW siege servers have.
Also, on siege beta server random plains are in map rotation.

I have to agree. Idr the names of the maps, but 3 of them had a ridiculous travel time to the fortress for attackers. It's really unnecessary.

Edit: One of the is called Fort Chatres (or something similar), another is called Fort Napoleon. I can't remember the last one, I'll have to play to find out.

Offline MaHuD

• Major
    • View Profile
    • Reveran
  • Nick: MaHuD
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #182 on: May 16, 2013, 03:46:38 pm »
Hi guys,
when I want to go on a server it say that I need the version 1.156.
Where can I find it??
At the first post of this topic.

Join the Public Beta!
 To activate the Beta please follow these simple steps:

Steam
 Activation code: beta
 1.) Open up your steam library. Find Mount & Blade Warband, then right click the game to bring up a list of options. Select the “Properties” tab.
 2.) Now you see a small popup, along the top there are several tabs, slide your gaze along until you find the one titled “BETAS”.
 3.) Then type in the activation code "beta", press “check code” then ok. Steam will then automatically start the installation after a few moments.

Non Steam
Client patch: (Needs 1.000 installed!)
www.flyingsquirrelent.eu/mb_warband_napoleonic_wars_upgrade_1000_to_1100.exe

Thanks for reading.
[18:51] <Evanovic> Mahud can I nominate you for best villian 2013?

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #183 on: May 16, 2013, 04:16:30 pm »
Sorry if it has been asked already, but cba'ed to go through all that 12 pages.

Is the update to the beta redoable? Or are you stuck with it when you install it. As I'd like to try it out but some of our events still run on the old version.

Offline Onii

• Donator
  • Your friendly neighbourhood Dane
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 16, 2013, 04:17:57 pm »
You're on the steam version right?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2013, 04:22:11 pm »
Sorry if it has been asked already, but cba'ed to go through all that 12 pages.

Is the update to the beta redoable? Or are you stuck with it when you install it. As I'd like to try it out but some of our events still run on the old version.

You disable it the same way you enable it. :)

Offline Matim

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14pk_Matim
« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2013, 04:34:34 pm »
The heavy horse health was lowered from 135 HP to 115 HP,  the medium from 110 to 100 HP.   light horses still have 80 HP.

I think that if you would lowered light horses hp to 65-70 it should be fine. Any great french light cav commander like Lasalle did not live to 35 years of age :o But on NW hussars are more like F-16 than light cav :x

No. Just no. If you've ever played as light cav you'd know they're very, very weak already. The reason hussars in NW are able to stay alive is because they've figured out how to stay out of the way until the right time and then to come in and kill everyone from behind, which is how it should be done. If you're hit even once you're as good as dead. There's no point in lowering health even further when you die in one hit from most things anyway.

If you can judge unit by plaing it once, I look up to you.

And I tell you, ask any officer from "normal" hussar regiment if they are underpowerd. Personally, I recommend Nicolas.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 16, 2013, 05:08:42 pm »
Are the marines and sailers only playable on certian maps or  no?

I dont really want to see sailers running around fighting prussian guards on strangelands
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2013, 05:15:16 pm »
I do! lol I want to play them in a linebattle on random plains. YAR YAR

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2013, 06:43:59 pm »
The ship crews are available in any map...

If you don't want them to spoil your historical battles, then, dont allow them to be used in your own ran events.

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2013, 07:03:31 pm »
The ship crews are available in any map...

If you don't want them to spoil your historical battles, then, dont allow them to be used in your own ran events.

If seamen are getting arty capability should they not be limited like artymen usually are? I mean, will this be possible in admin options? And, any chance of a random shirt version to break up the naked berserker ratio?

Also, (annoying thing) can rifle sergeants have their accuracy brought up to the same as rifle rankers? It makes no sense for them to have less.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:56:56 pm by Crayon »
A Major Bastard

Offline MASTERKILL666A

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2013, 07:28:40 pm »
I think, it's bad to make Artillery weaker and less accurate. Sometimes, I miss the aiming system of mm_russia3. There you needed skill to control a cannon  ;D
Inactive

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2013, 07:44:20 pm »
I think, it's bad to make Artillery weaker and less accurate. Sometimes, I miss the aiming system of mm_russia3. There you needed skill to control a cannon  ;D
+1

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2013, 08:39:21 pm »
One thing I noticed while playing as the French sailor, that when I got the small sword, it was just floating along behind me, not attached to my belt, just floating behind me.

Offline dooomninja

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1brig_95th_Maj_dooomninja
« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2013, 11:57:30 pm »
Also, (annoying thing) can rifle sergeants have their accuracy brought up to the same as rifle rankers? It makes no sense for them to have less.

rifle sergeants are the rifle equivalent of Ensign who only get a sword and a massive "here i am arty" sign, at least sergeants get rifles, though it would be awesome for them to get volley guns i highly doubt that is going to happen :-\ thigh i think they should have the same PA as rankers as all other Ensign do.
ಠ_ರೃ Quite!
2 most satisfying shots- a rider off a moving horse and officers who think they are safe :b