Author Topic: variety of guns  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Josy_Wales

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Josy_Wales
  • Side: Confederacy
variety of guns
« on: June 05, 2014, 06:56:45 pm »
What is the variety of guns going to be like? I really hope you got time to put in a flintlock musket or two and specially the Coach Gun. And is there going to be different ammunition? Cuz It would be awesome if there was a difference between round ball and mini ball, and that you could choose (if you are using a flintlock smooth board) to load smaller balls and make it fire something like a shotgun (like they did at times).
Its fine if you don't have the time and resources to focus on this, but it would be cool if you could add a bunch of them so you could get some to choose from.
I also hope that the tons have different ups and down sides to them, and different ways to be effective.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Re: variety of guns
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 12:37:04 am »
Look at the guns dev blog. As far as I can tell, what guns are available will be based on the time-period the scenario you're playing took place. So expect some repeaters and rolling block rifles around Gettysburg.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Josy_Wales

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 08:31:16 am »
but there was very many different guns and different way of working so its going to be hard to make em all. I have seen what the fse team  have done, and it looks rely good, so I am wondering how many they can bring in, and how many ways you can use them. Lever action, cap lock, flintlock and there was different versions.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 08:46:42 pm »
I'd imagine there will be one of each kind of gun in the game. I mean if they're going to go as far as to include pepper-boxes, I wouldn't hold anything past FSE.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 01:23:54 am »
Well I'd like to see a reb or too with a furgeson rifle since there are references to units having 1 or 2 in the ranks

Offline Josy_Wales

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 01:28:43 pm »
there where Whole regiments like the 37th North Carolina Infantry who where issued flintlock muskets so I really hope they add those. And at the Battle of bull run many People brought their own guns and that made the variety pretty huge (some brought huntingrifles like the hawken and the Kentucky).

I would also like to see confederate cav with many different wepons like carabines, shotguns, musketoons, shoulder arms (was not that effective and most for dismounted cav) and a lot of pistoles (was very much used by guerrillas and was very effective). The sabers was not very popular among most confed cav tho, yet JEB's men was an exception  and most Virginia cav in general.

I really hope they adda a lot of units and guns because thats what I dont like about NW, its too little to coose from.