Poll

Which would you prefer? (if any)

NWBC (NW Battle Championship league)
47 (82.5%)
NW Campaign (Bot campaign)
10 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: New large scale event... Pick!  (Read 3965 times)

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
  • Side: Neutral
Re: New large scale event... Pick!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2019, 05:53:14 pm »
I don't think splitting up regiments into their companies is a good thing to do. I think you guys underestimate the danger coming from coalitions formed from elite regiments in their specific classes. Just imagine a coalition from 15thYR, 17e, 8eHuss and whoever is good at skirms and arty (don't know lots about the competitive scene in NW apart from Line Infantry)
I'm not sure if 33rd (or any other large regiment) would be able to defeat such a high-skill coalition.

Also I agree (think it was mentioned earlier in this discussion), that you shouldn't punish large regiments that were able to build themselves up to such a size by splitting them into their companies. There's a lot of organization to be done to keep a large regiment like that going and I respect every regiment that is able to do so.

Other than that I can only say, that 2ndHess would love to participate in NWBC. We hope it doesn't interfere with 59th NWCL though. Would be lovely if Kincaid and King_Kaide (pun intended) would communicate about that one ^^
of course u would see it that way as you are also a big regiment with several companies.  What we meant was, it has to be balanced well and it being fair will come down to who signs up. 

When i was in 33rd, it was rare for the opposite team to win a round... for example, a 4 round event maybe the opposition won 1 and sometimes us lights had to go on to the enemy team with the strongest part of 33rd MELEE to make it fair. 

i have no doubts kincaid will be successful in making this work, it will just take a fair amount ofthought and balancing for it to be enjoyable for all regiments and not just the bigger ones with several companies who could co-ordinate their attackas far easier and more successfully.

Either way, i am looking to get the 57e signed up for this one and cannot wait for the fun to begin.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:54:48 pm by Ry4N. »

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: New large scale event... Pick!
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2019, 06:40:03 pm »
Public event teams on weekly LBs often lack two things; coordination and competitive nature, both of which (at least in part) would be needed in coalitions formed for this tournie.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ry4n mate, indeed balancing will need careful forethought and potentially a nudge in the right direction for some. Glad to hear your planning on signing up :) x