Author Topic: DNWC - Duo Napoleonic World Cup  (Read 8232 times)

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
  • Side: Union
DNWC - Duo Napoleonic World Cup
« on: September 25, 2018, 04:46:06 pm »

Welcome to the DNWC 2018/2019. We, the 2Lr and the Nr.12 deciced to work together to give a new kind of competition to the community. The DNCW is a tournament to give NW Players from all different nationalities together into competition which nation has the best two infantry regiments. Each Nation will form a team out of the two best line infantry regiments of its people. The two Regimental Leaders are equal Team Captains. These nation will then fight for the crown, as only one nation can have the best Infantry-Duo!

The idea is to form a team for each and every single nation in the NW community. Within every nation it lies in the competence of the national regiments to compete which two regiments will be the national representatives in the tournament. If two Regiments stand undisputed in theire national community they can assign theire nation and themself for the tournament. If they still have any challengers they first need to fight on a national level. As when planing this tournament, we realized that most of the english speaking regiments are of international kind not of british kind, there will be two teams representing the international community. If two regiments want to play as "team international" they first have to defeat any other candidate in this field. There will be a liga trial for that. If there are two purely "british" regiments, they can form team GB as well.

The tournament will be held under common NWL Rules and in a classical two stage system. There will be a Group Stage and a primary final stage, as well as a secondary final stage. As this is a community project we also need the help of the community. Any help is welcomed, even if your regiment do not participates in the tournament. As usual we will also need a certain ammount of referees and also a few servers. If you can grant any help regarding this please mention it in your application. Also every attending regiment is required to grant at least two referees.

Applications:

Organizer Application

Name:
Steam Link:
Regiment:
Admin Experience:
Field you want to help in:
Referee Application:

Name:
Steam Link:
Regiment:
Admin Experience:
Nation Application:

Nation:
Regiments:
Team Captains Steam Links:
All challengers on a national Level defeated?:
Regimental Referees A:
Regimental Referees B:
Regiment Roster A:
Regiment Roster B:
Additional help:

Hosts:

2. Leibregiment Von Bergen
                      Infanterieregiment Nr.12 ExoticFail
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 07:32:24 am by Tardet »

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
Re: DNWC - Duo Napoleonic World Cup
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 04:50:03 pm »
On Team-Building Problems
As said. We are totally aware that this tournament and the way it is planed to be is one the one hand unusual and on the other hand more difficult to organize than usual. It is meant as a Community project so the help and the will of the community is needed. I aint gonna present you 10 Nation teams with two homogen regiments within. It lies within the national level of the different sub-communitys to get a team together. And even if you are not able to participate because for Example Sweden has not enough stable regiments for this there are a lot of different ways:

-> As said you are and will be allowed to form alliances. For Example Team "Scandinavia" consisting of a swedish and a danish regiment. Or Team "Tschechoslovakia", "Balkan", "Benelux" etc.
-> you dont actually have to be an existing regiment to applicate as one for this tournament. If for example the brave NW players of Greece decide to form a "Regiment"/Team (or two of those) for this tournament only, they will not be stopped.
-> Finally if the regiments of your national community are not big enough or anything, you can also form a alliance within your national community. For Example one of the german lines consisting of Nr.12 and the other line 2Lr+1Rhein.

This tournament is not a perfect concept. It has never been done in a way like this. It wont work without the community gathering together and trying to make it happen.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 12:46:07 pm by VonBergen »

Offline Von Bergen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 04:50:10 pm »
Reserved

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 05:12:13 pm »
So basically a 2v2 EIC but with nation based regiments? So e.g. Austria could have K-KA and Nr.2 as an example.

Or is it more player nations?
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 05:12:37 pm »
So basically a 2v2 EIC but with nation based regiments? So e.g. Austria could have K-KA and Nr.2 as an example.
The Nr2 are Rheinbund.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 05:13:31 pm »
The Nr2 are Rheinbund.
I thought the Nr.2 were Hungarian? :o
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 05:14:28 pm »
The Nr2 are Rheinbund.
I thought the Nr.2 were Hungarian? :o
The Nr2 unit is actually in game for Rheinbund, second one from the top.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 05:14:35 pm »
No, you pick your teams based on country? So its NWWC but in 2v2's?

This explanation on the main post is confusing me...

Also for a while I discussed the idea of a 2v2 EIC with reg leaders but its just too much work so hopefully you do it right.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:16:26 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 05:16:38 pm »
same

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 05:17:27 pm »

I'm also confused where it's based on players nations e.g. a regiment of only French players or Russian players for example. Or if it's based on the regiments nation.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 05:18:50 pm »

I'm also confused where it's based on players nations e.g. a regiment of only French players or Russian players for example. Or if it's based on the regiments nation.
Apparently if a majority of a regiment is from one country they can play for that country, but that excludes my regiment, 15th YR, K-KA, and 91st so I'm just generally confused.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 05:21:19 pm »

Apparently if a majority of a regiment is from one country they can play for that country, but that excludes my regiment, 15th YR, K-KA, and 91st so I'm just generally confused.
That would exclude a lot of regiments tbh. Even French regiments have plenty of Belgian players for example as well as some other nations. Or Russian regiments have plenty Ukrainian, etc.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 05:23:03 pm »
I don't like the idea of that system.

I could add like 30 people from Iceland and get them in my steam group just to give a majority but never play them.

Never done that before btw ::)
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 05:23:25 pm »

That would exclude a lot of regiments tbh. Even French regiments have plenty of Belgian players for example as well as some other nations. Or Russian regiments have plenty Ukrainian, etc.
Exactly, plus from what im gathering there will be an "International" team, I would have suggested making two or three international ones since there's plenty of decent International european regs around.

Offline ExoticFail

• Major
  • Ik moet masturberen
    • View Profile
  • Nick: "Describe live&amp
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 05:23:35 pm »
The idea was to make nationality based, for example Nr12 and 2Lr are german speaking clans, so ye its nwwc format but only Regiment wise. Its only an idea and lets see if it is doable
Hauptmann ExoticFail hat wie immer die Lage fest im Griff und verteilt hier die oneklicks
my posts never are irrelevant, they are gods words whom I connect through me,yet some little shit allways deletes my posts here even tho they r bob approved 
They always give me a chuckle that's for sure.