Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 77766 times)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #615 on: September 16, 2020, 06:39:47 pm »
I honestly don't expect much from the big navi atm, but I'm super hyped that AMD literally catched up in a span of ~3 years in both CPU and GPU. My next system will most definitely be ryzen 7 4xxx and a 3080, or potentially 3070/80 Super if these come out before I start building (Jan - spring 21)
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Momonga188

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 16, 2020, 09:59:34 pm »
Hey, I was recently looking at gaming PC builds. Talking about GPU I found this article pretty helpful,
which gives an overview about all the kinds and their functions: https://www.technikhiwi.de/grafikkarte-test/
It might help you too. The article is in German but you can use the browser translator to translate it.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #617 on: September 17, 2020, 01:05:35 am »
Tbh looking at the benchmarks for the 3080 it's actually kinda underwhelming. They marketed it as 100% faster than the 2080 but on average it's like 70%. Even cherry picked I struggle to find any that reach double. The VRAM limitations also seem to have hurt them considering BF was using all 10GB with RTX disabled.
I reckon RDNA2 is going to be pretty competitive, I do wonder how much it'll hurt them to be launching so much later than the 3000 series. I feel like a lot of people bought into the Nvidia hype around their launch event

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 17, 2020, 08:29:04 am »
Tbh looking at the benchmarks for the 3080 it's actually kinda underwhelming. They marketed it as 100% faster than the 2080 but on average it's like 70%. Even cherry picked I struggle to find any that reach double. The VRAM limitations also seem to have hurt them considering BF was using all 10GB with RTX disabled.
I reckon RDNA2 is going to be pretty competitive, I do wonder how much it'll hurt them to be launching so much later than the 3000 series. I feel like a lot of people bought into the Nvidia hype around their launch event

yeah that "double the performance of 2080" was solid misstep, it really only applies in some cases outside gaming
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #619 on: November 26, 2020, 11:14:15 pm »
hello wise elders of the village
144hz
27"
4ms

is this good

Spoiler
[close]

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #620 on: November 27, 2020, 12:02:52 am »
144hz
27"
4ms

is this good
Depends on the panel. Link the monitor you are looking at?
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 27, 2020, 03:17:47 am »

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #622 on: November 27, 2020, 03:23:07 am »
144hz
27"
4ms

is this good
https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/dell-27-curved-gaming-monitor-s2721hgf/apd/210-awyy/monitors-monitor-accessories
It'd be fine for movie watching and gaming but you won't get the most "competitive advantage" because of the 4ms GTG response time. If I were you I'd get it pretty good deal for a 27 inch curved monitor.

If you want a competitive edge go for this inexpensive benq, all the newer benqs only have DyAc which is for csgo recoil and 240hz is nice but not worth the 400$ premium.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-XL2411P-Sports-Adjustable-eQualizer/dp/B075JGL4WV/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=144+hz&qid=1606443865&sr=8-3
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 03:26:56 am by Kristine »

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 27, 2020, 12:46:11 pm »
144hz
27"
4ms

is this good
https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/dell-27-curved-gaming-monitor-s2721hgf/apd/210-awyy/monitors-monitor-accessories
It'd be fine for movie watching and gaming but you won't get the most "competitive advantage" because of the 4ms GTG response time. If I were you I'd get it pretty good deal for a 27 inch curved monitor.

If you want a competitive edge go for this inexpensive benq, all the newer benqs only have DyAc which is for csgo recoil and 240hz is nice but not worth the 400$ premium.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-XL2411P-Sports-Adjustable-eQualizer/dp/B075JGL4WV/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=144+hz&qid=1606443865&sr=8-3
Thank you v much, think I’ll get it because I mean my monitor rn doesn’t give me an edge in any game but I still win most the time kek not like 3 ms will fuck me up in almost everything
Ty

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 27, 2020, 02:33:27 pm »
ms doesn't matter too much, just go for a resolution/hz combination that your pc can handle. No point in getting 1440p/144hz if you're hanging at 60fps in every game. If you just want performance for competitive games get any 1080p/144hz, if u want vsync or something similar then get one that supports that. Some will have shittier colours than others but who gives a shit.

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 27, 2020, 02:55:37 pm »
ms doesn't matter too much, just go for a resolution/hz combination that your pc can handle. No point in getting 1440p/144hz if you're hanging at 60fps in every game. If you just want performance for competitive games get any 1080p/144hz, if u want vsync or something similar then get one that supports that. Some will have shittier colours than others but who gives a shit.
thanks papa rik
my pc is not shit so all is okok

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 27, 2020, 04:03:45 pm »
human eye can only see 24fps and 5hz

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #627 on: November 27, 2020, 04:29:36 pm »
get dat new asus 360hz one cameron, ur welcome

Offline Kristine

• Donator
  • 55th_Gren
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr8[LG]S-Gefr_Kristine
« Reply #628 on: November 27, 2020, 11:43:37 pm »
thanks papa rik
my pc is not shit so all is okok
forgot to add if your pc is shit then getting a 240hz monitor is useless lol, also lower MS means less ghosting of images and better picture quality.

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 28, 2020, 03:05:41 am »
get dat new asus 360hz one cameron, ur welcome
700£ is like one and a half months rent

Spoiler