Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (5v5) {Season 2 Thread}{Champions: Hellraisers}  (Read 57113 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: North American Draft League Season 2 {Main Thread}
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2019, 09:12:51 pm »
In every professional league the champion gets the last pick in the draft. That’s just what happens.

The problem with the snake draft is that the best players will end up with the best teams. We could randomize the order but still. You really want Cwater to draft back to back? I like snake drafts but it would create an unfair start to the league I think.

Also according to Risk, the teams with the 4th pick and 5th pick in the previous draft, finished 1st and 2nd respectively. So giving these teams the earlier pick in the second round would only heighten their advantage.
I agree with this a lot. However, On top of that the standing of most teams after their drafted are going to be based around who is IGLing for them. Everyone in this league is very experienced so the skill gap among high players really isn't their in my opinion. (Obviously in the sense from a very high rated player to a lower rated experienced player, i'm talking about the top 15 or so). However, giving a team that obviously performed well last year the first pick would be kind of absurd in my opinion, we can only assume that whoever was calling for them did a fantastic job(as they won). Cwater has the potential to get a very highly rated player from the start and get a fairly decent pick in the second round.(The playerbase will still be good in the second round) which doesn't make any sense in my opinion. Im not saying you should make it harder for the former champions, however, i'm saying don't spoon feed them a win.

What do you mean by this? Cwater is not getting the first pick. A snake draft would give him the first pick in the second round, which is why it would be stupid to have a snake draft with the order we have. I don’t think any draft order would work with a snake format for this league. Draft is tonight anyways so I guess it doesn’t really matter.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #226 on: August 11, 2019, 02:15:40 am »
Community Name: Anthony
GUID:9981
Steam Link:Anthony
Do you agree to all the rules (you must read them) and league conduct?: Yes
Interested in captaincy or will you if necessary?: No
are u serious ? if ur only gonna be there once a week just dont sign up please nobody wants a inactive player and a anchor from the start

Offline jorgesi101

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th Col Jorge
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2019, 02:18:17 am »
Community Name: Anthony
GUID:9981
Steam Link:Anthony
Do you agree to all the rules (you must read them) and league conduct?: Yes
Interested in captaincy or will you if necessary?: No
are u serious ? if ur only gonna be there once a week just dont sign up please nobody wants a inactive player and a anchor from the start
where will they announce who got drafted

Offline Yoshiee

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yoshie
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2019, 02:19:20 am »
signing up a friend

Community Name:Chowski
GUID:1089411
SteamLink:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065790776/
Rules and league conduct?:Yes
Captaincy:No

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2019, 02:33:07 am »
too bad he can't aim bot in a non-shooting game :'(.

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
  • Side: Union
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2019, 03:04:35 am »
Draft is getting pushed back cause apparently Yolo is in NJ and refused to tell anyone until the day of. He better have been fucking kidnapped or I swear to god he's about to be.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2019, 03:06:41 am »
Draft is getting pushed back cause apparently Yolo is in NJ and refused to tell anyone until the day of. He better have been fucking kidnapped or I swear to god he's about to be.

Wack.

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2019, 04:23:39 am »

nice cool nice
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2019, 06:36:37 am »
In every professional league the champion gets the last pick in the draft. That’s just what happens.

The problem with the snake draft is that the best players will end up with the best teams. We could randomize the order but still. You really want Cwater to draft back to back? I like snake drafts but it would create an unfair start to the league I think.

Also according to Risk, the teams with the 4th pick and 5th pick in the previous draft, finished 1st and 2nd respectively. So giving these teams the earlier pick in the second round would only heighten their advantage.
I agree with this a lot. However, On top of that the standing of most teams after their drafted are going to be based around who is IGLing for them. Everyone in this league is very experienced so the skill gap among high players really isn't their in my opinion. (Obviously in the sense from a very high rated player to a lower rated experienced player, i'm talking about the top 15 or so). However, giving a team that obviously performed well last year the first pick would be kind of absurd in my opinion, we can only assume that whoever was calling for them did a fantastic job(as they won). Cwater has the potential to get a very highly rated player from the start and get a fairly decent pick in the second round.(The playerbase will still be good in the second round) which doesn't make any sense in my opinion. Im not saying you should make it harder for the former champions, however, i'm saying don't spoon feed them a win.

What do you mean by this? Cwater is not getting the first pick. A snake draft would give him the first pick in the second round, which is why it would be stupid to have a snake draft with the order we have. I don’t think any draft order would work with a snake format for this league. Draft is tonight anyways so I guess it doesn’t really matter.

Yea my bad I thought he had the first pick

edit: Yolos a shit captain shoulda gave it me gayflower

Offline Brian Chiu

• Second Lieutenant
  • DUB BABY DUB
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hairdresser69
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2019, 09:34:16 pm »

Yea my bad I thought he had the first pick

edit: Yolos a shit captain shoulda gave it me gayflower

hackince bouta catch these hands.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #235 on: August 11, 2019, 11:53:12 pm »
I've never received captain for any of these leagues because windflower has bribed half of NW to silence his political opponents. Faxx are Faxx

Offline Windflower

• Board Moderator
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2019, 06:55:57 am »

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Online Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2019, 06:56:51 am »
I hope I go undrafted
click here to join the 84th

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell