Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (5v5) {Season 2 Thread}{Champions: Hellraisers}  (Read 57126 times)

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Draft League Season 2 {Main Thread}
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2019, 10:56:17 pm »
you assholes said yal were doin the round draft!!!
No they said Triangle draft you nerd.
You mean Square draft dumbo.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2019, 11:06:02 pm »
If this league isn't a snake draft I'm gonna fucking kill someone's dad

edit: Please make fun of the following dumb asses: Fireboy, Chantakey, NickCole, Moraine, Pinoy, BabyJ, Yoshie, Yolo, and Aigar
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:08:26 pm by Hawkince »

Offline Windflower

• Board Moderator
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2019, 11:32:22 pm »
BTW the poll doesn't necessarily mean that it will change from the outcome of it,
it is simply a poll (:

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2019, 11:41:40 pm »
you assholes said yal were doin the round draft!!!
No they said Triangle draft you nerd.
You mean Square draft dumbo.
It’s quite apparent they were referring to a Rhombicosidodecahedron draft you mongoloid.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2019, 11:47:02 pm »
Community Name: Sanders
GUID: 782550
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SandersTM/
Do you agree to all the rules (you must read them) and league conduct?: yes
Interested in captaincy or will you if necessary?: no

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2019, 12:09:44 am »
The problem with the snake draft is that the best players will end up with the best teams. We could randomize the order but still. You really want Cwater to draft back to back? I like snake drafts but it would create an unfair start to the league I think.

Also according to Risk, the teams with the 4th pick and 5th pick in the previous draft, finished 1st and 2nd respectively. So giving these teams the earlier pick in the second round would only heighten their advantage.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Cwater

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2019, 12:25:13 am »
The problem with the snake draft is that the best players will end up with the best teams. We could randomize the order but still. You really want Cwater to draft back to back? I like snake drafts but it would create an unfair start to the league I think.

Also according to Risk, the teams with the 4th pick and 5th pick in the previous draft, finished 1st and 2nd respectively. So giving these teams the earlier pick in the second round would only heighten their advantage.
Look at how the teams in front of me drafted and tell me that I had an advantage exclusively because of the system. I was hand fed Yoshie and Jaax because Uni was making a USMC dream team (lmao), people were picking duelists 1st round (Godfreid), and picking players who eventually became inactive/left the league altogether (Suns). It ain’t my fault that the teams infront of me drafted poorly/had several of their picks result in busts. I highly doubt with the current captains that the draft is going to be as illogical as the last one, and giving lower-seeded teams 2 moderate-to-good players to make up for a skill disparity when it comes to the top 3-4 picks will result in a more balanced league in the end.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 12:32:20 am by Cwater »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2019, 12:34:56 am »

Look at how the teams in front of me drafted and tell me that I had an advantage exclusively because of the system. I was hand fed Yoshie and Jaax because Uni was making a USMC dream team (lmao), people were picking duelists 1st round (Godfreid), and picking players who eventually became inactive/left the league altogether (Suns). It ain’t my fault that the teams infront of me drafted poorly/had several of their picks result in busts. I highly doubt with the current captains that the draft is going to be as illogical as the last one, and giving lower-seeded teams 2 moderate-to-good players to make up for a skill disparity when it comes to the top 3-4 picks will result in a more balanced league in the end.
godfreid was picked in the 2nd round idiot

a team of nappy and yoshie is still worse than a team of you and any other first round pick
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Cwater

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2019, 12:41:04 am »

godfreid was picked in the 2nd round idiot

a team of nappy and yoshie is still worse than a team of you and any other first round pick
My point still stands that both the 1st and 2nd rounds were drafted poorly. And you’re forgetting it’s a 5v5, not a 2v2; the pick disparity still carries over in every proceeding round in a regular draft.

Anna Kendrick is not hot btw

Offline Zappy

• Second Lieutenant
  • AT LEAST 86
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zappy
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2019, 12:41:43 am »
Community Name: Zappy
GUID: 531502
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Zappyuku/
Do you agree to all the rules (you must read them) and league conduct?:  yes
Interested in captaincy or will you if necessary?: pls no

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2019, 12:47:44 am »

Look at how the teams in front of me drafted and tell me that I had advantage because of the system. I was hand fed Yoshie and Jaax because Uni was making a USMC dream team (lmao), people were picking duelists 1st round (Godfreid), and picking players who eventually became inactive/left the league altogether (Suns). It ain’t my fault that the teams infront of me drafted poorly/had several of their picks result in busts. I highly doubt with the current captains that the draft is going to be as illogical as the last one, and giving lower-seeded teams 2 moderate-to-good players to make up for a skill disparity when it comes to the top 3-4 picks will result in a more balanced league in the end.

The first draft was done as a normal draft not a snake draft. The people drafting ahead of you drafted poorly. You managed to secure some steals because of these people drafting poorly and maybe you'll get lucky again. But the snake draft would give you two top 7 picks at #6 and #7, compared to nappy getting #1 and #12. You being arguably a top 5 player in NW would have an insanely stacked team in a snake draft.

I'll use Cytiuz' list as an example:

So assume MATT, Yoshie, Rune, Maniac, and Vetro all get taken before your 6th pick. You then get two of the following players: Russian, Rafael, Sleek, Jaax, Godfreid, Pinoy, Puppytron, Horse or anyone else you can think of.

A team of Cwater, Russian, and Raf would DOMINATE the rest of the teams. Maybe Yolo or Waste could compete because they'd get to pick whoever you left off that list. Then the worst players that are captains get stuck with good players instead of very good players.

The snake draft format wouldn't work well with this league. We will try some mock drafts and possible different orders for the draft to see if it is plausible, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2019, 12:55:54 am »

Look at how the teams in front of me drafted and tell me that I had advantage because of the system. I was hand fed Yoshie and Jaax because Uni was making a USMC dream team (lmao), people were picking duelists 1st round (Godfreid), and picking players who eventually became inactive/left the league altogether (Suns). It ain’t my fault that the teams infront of me drafted poorly/had several of their picks result in busts. I highly doubt with the current captains that the draft is going to be as illogical as the last one, and giving lower-seeded teams 2 moderate-to-good players to make up for a skill disparity when it comes to the top 3-4 picks will result in a more balanced league in the end.

The first draft was done as a normal draft not a snake draft. The people drafting ahead of you drafted poorly. You managed to secure some steals because of these people drafting poorly and maybe you'll get lucky again. But the snake draft would give you two top 7 picks at #6 and #7, compared to nappy getting #1 and #12. You being arguably a top 5 player in NW would have an insanely stacked team in a snake draft.

So assume MATT, Yoshie, Rune, Maniac, and Vetro all get taken before your 6th pick. You then get two of the following players: Russian, Rafael, Sleek, Jaax, Godfreid, Pinoy, Puppytron, Horse or anyone else you can think of.

A team of Cwater, Russian, and Raf would DOMINATE the rest of the teams. Maybe Yolo or Waste could compete because they'd get to pick whoever you left off that list. Then the worst players that are captains get stuck with good players instead of very good players.

The snake draft format wouldn't work well with this league. We will try some mock drafts and possible different orders for the draft to see if it is plausible, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2019, 12:56:30 am »

1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Cwater

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2019, 01:12:11 am »
Spoiler

[close]
Neither Russian nor Puppy are signed up for the league, unless I’m missing something, and Cytiuz’s list is hardly a good example off of which to base a draft order. I don’t want to discuss my personal draft rankings but I believe yours (or Cytiuz’s I suppose) aren’t quite representative of the actual player skill trend. After the first few picks the desirability of players drops quite substantially (whether this be due to activity, playstyle, or just skill) and it creates an overly-imbalanced, significantly upward biased draft pool. It’s simply my opinion that with the current player allotment the bottom teams are at an almost insurmountable disadvantage. Time for me to enjoy a concert
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 05:18:07 am by Cwater »

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2019, 01:18:59 am »
Spoiler

[close]
Neither Russian or Puppy are signed up for the league, unless I’m missing something, and Cytiuz’s list is hardly a good example off of which to base a draft order. I don’t want to discuss my personal draft rankings but I believe yours (or Cytiuz’s I suppose) aren’t quite representative of the actual player skill trend. After the first few picks the desirability of players drops quite substantially (whether this be due to activity, playstyle, or just skill) and it creates an overly-imbalanced, significantly upward biased draft pool. It’s simply my opinion that with the current player allotment the bottom teams are at an almost insurmountable disadvantage. Time for me to enjoy a concert

I understand how you feel. Also that was just an example I was throwing out there using a list of players cause I couldn't think of names for a sec. I think you undervalue yourself as a player and the impact you might have on your team. Have fun at your concert