Poll

Out of 10, (with 10 being the highest) How much are you enjoying Iron Europe?

6 (4%)
1 (0.7%)
4 (2.6%)
2 (1.3%)
4 (2.6%)
8 (5.3%)
19 (12.6%)
32 (21.2%)
9 (6%)
15 (9.9%)
5 (3.3%)
Over 9000+
46 (30.5%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author Topic: First Impressions?  (Read 8308 times)

MagicTeatowel

First Impressions?
« on: February 15, 2014, 12:50:15 am »
What are your first impressions of Iron Europe?

I'm looking for the good, the bad and the ugly.

Share you experience below! :D

+ Congrats to the IE team

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: First Impressions?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 12:51:23 am »
God damn this download.

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 12:52:33 am »
Im just going to do it tomorrow.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 12:52:43 am »
Already done downloading.  8)

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 12:57:01 am »
Needs more cowbell.

Also, lag qq
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:59:03 am by Killington »
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Hakblok

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Sjt_Grégoire_Billot
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 01:53:53 am »
a couple of friends and i charged an enemy machine gun and got completely wrecked. And I loved every single bit of it

Offline Mr. Logic

• Sergeant
  • DoE Award level: Golden Shower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 02:56:54 am »
I quite enjoyed it, it's got a style of gameplay i've not seen in a Warband/NW mod before. Though I still think WW1 isn't really a conflict that you can base a game around without it turning into a railgun fest. see "The Trenches" & WW1 source. All the same this is the best attempt at one i've seen yet.
PM me for Iron Eorupe Signatures

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 05:19:11 am »
Best. Mod. EVER.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Potato-Chan

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Potato-Chan
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 06:00:44 am »
Really liked what I played of it, only issue I found is that I was getting massive frame drops on one of the maps.

Offline Yoshi182

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 59th_Sjt_Yoshi
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 06:38:41 am »
Hmm there are a few issues I have but not sure if all are down to the MOD, some may have just been the server.

I'm not going to get into bugs, such as sounds and pauses between movement as I'm sure the devs are already aware. i will just make my point in areas I think need improved.

Respawn time can take too long on occasion.
Sniper is OP, I got 37 kills on my first try with it, ridiculous. Either add more slots for snipers so counter sniping becomes more regular or turn down the magnification on the scope.
Heavy machine gun is overly complicated to figure out. Yes I know people will say "go look for the tips and hints online" but a new player coming in that isn't familiar with the community and forums will struggle. Have fixed points in each trench where the machine guns are stationary, this will prevent one team pushing back then enemy and surrounding their last spawn with machine guns and mowing them all down. During ww1 machine guns were mostly used to defend, not attack.
Going prone for me seems like it is vastly needed, especially when up against heavy guns and snipers.
I feel the need to introduce aim down sights is upon us.
Personally I prefer the only hold left click and release to fire, but maybe thats just me, I can get used to the new system.

I feel like i am picking holes here, I do really like the mod and i am excited to see where the devs take it.

holding my breath for the onslaught I am about to receive no doubt.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 06:50:11 am »
God damn this download.
Don't use the first link. That's where the heaviest traffic is.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 07:07:53 am »
The snipers are pretty OP, my suggestion for how to balance them is to remove their binoculars, decrease the visibility and/or field of view of the scope, and make a spotter rank in the sniper class that has a pistol and binoculars). If you also screw around with their Skills like low athletics, ironflesh, terrible melee, and especially if iron sights are added for others it should be alright.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 09:13:46 am »
To me it's a very good first release. I get it after 19 minutes of downloading so thanks for the mediafire link :)

I tested that only less than 1 hour this morning.
The only very black point are snipers. It.s funny when you are one, but not when you are a simple infantry man. It's too easy to use, so every guy can be a good sniper and kill 30-45 ennemies without bein shot more than few times.

The rifle shooting system is a bit desappointing ( right and left click). And the fact of that we stay in the aim position after released the right click is a bit pissing but i think it's only a question of habituation. But it makes u slower on the battlefield the first times.

that´s the only dark side of this mod i saw, everything else is very good and with few issues improvement and some fix releases, will be very very good.

Good job IE team, again.

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 09:19:26 am »
The snipers are pretty OP, my suggestion for how to balance them is to remove their binoculars, decrease the visibility and/or field of view of the scope, and make a spotter rank in the sniper class that has a pistol and binoculars). If you also screw around with their Skills like low athletics, ironflesh, terrible melee, and especially if iron sights are added for others it should be alright.

The biggest problem with sniper here is that the sight doesn.t shake when you are using it, so it's pretty easy to kill with headshot a guy from a good hide. With a kind of shakin system, it will become harder to use and less popular, and finaly only ppl who have a real thing for utilisation of  scope will be good with it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 09:21:31 am by Nardu »

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 09:42:43 am »
Connection issues
I have good internet don't loose connection on Vanilla NW, but on IE I lose connection like, every 10mins
I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten