Poll

Do you want me to post bi-weekly updates?

Yes
28 (77.8%)
No
8 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: June 05, 2017, 10:14:12 pm

Author Topic: Community Rep Post - June-July Term  (Read 12773 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Community Rep Post - June-July Term
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2017, 01:48:42 am »
Time for a biweekly wheneverIfeellikeit update!

Cav: NACL nearing an end without any problems, scheduling is difficult but we've managed to play all of our matches so far. Labelling the 1st MI as a success so far.

Cas: The thing/people I was working with seems to have stalled due to the interference of The Usual Suspect, but more infantry regiments seem to be hosting/taking part in casual events, which is nice to see.

Inf: All is quiet in the Western front, it seems. Would be nice if 3e/LG could tone it down on fse.

Entering the final stages of my term and still have not received moderation powers on the boards I was supposed to. Putting this down to Duuring disappearing for the last month and a half.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2017, 03:53:40 am »
After becoming increasingly tired of the top heavy nature of the NA competitive scene, I seriously and fully think improving levels of competition in regiments not slated to finish on top of this current season's standings is essential for the relative "health" of the community. So.. whether I'll get any feedback or not, this is a general call to any interested parties: melee training. I don't know how many are interested/require any help I can give, but for my final initiative as CR i'll be committing to essentially consult for regiments wishing to improve thier melee.
Note I am in the 30th and have no plans to leave - but I will help train any regiment as long as scheduling will allow it (and with less competitive events than my previous regiment/NAPL match ban my schedule is fairly open).
Rebuilding a competitive line? I can help. Improving your loyal base? I can help. Got a ton of new recruits? I gotchu.

On another note, cavalry season has ended. Congratulations to everyone who played with the 1stMI in our inaugural season! If you want to set up a cav 1v1 hmu but don't expect anything serious.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline SillyWilly

• Sergeant Major
  • 1v1 me na cav gf n00b
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2017, 08:17:37 pm »
Good work, Theodin!

As far as your offer with the melee help, I don't think the groups that would actually benefit from this are the type of groups to browse this forum. If you want a bit more access into the casual scene let me know and we can get that done.

Also, what do you think about helping host a cav-inf tourny? Something like, pairing up a good melee player with a good cav player, and having them fight a similar team? For example. And it wouldn't be as crazy as Godfried's all-stars though lol.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2017, 08:30:03 pm »
Good work, Theodin!

As far as your offer with the melee help, I don't think the groups that would actually benefit from this are the type of groups to browse this forum. If you want a bit more access into the casual scene let me know and we can get that done.

Also, what do you think about helping host a cav-inf tourny? Something like, pairing up a good melee player with a good cav player, and having them fight a similar team? For example. And it wouldn't be as crazy as Godfried's all-stars though lol.
Both would be nice to do.
I've been spreading the word around infantry and have already lined up a couple takers.
For that cav thing, that would be really cool.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2017, 09:02:34 pm »
Good work, Theodin!

The Cav-Inf Tournament sounds pretty cool. I think the EUs might of did something similar or did it with Officers and Inf.