Author Topic: Community Rep Thread (July-August) Update  (Read 14799 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Community Rep Thread (July-August) Update
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2016, 01:43:50 am »
I'd love one or the other?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 02:57:02 am »
Wasn't one of the original reasons for CR was a liason between the community and the moderation? What have we seen from that?
The CR would be a better role if it was given increased powers, tbh.

Only way of increasing power is giving moderation powers. That won't do, won't it? Because then they're moderators. And mods can't liason between mods and community, can they?

Most people seem to forget this website is not a democracy. The devs and mods can basically do whatever the fuck they want, provided they stay within the host country's laws. We can count our blessings they actually listen once in a while because:

Quote from: Riddlez
Take a look at other fora, the admins just ban everyone without giving explanation.

We do/did have moderation powers.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2016, 02:58:31 am »
You can see if the position is pointless by having a proper talk with a current CR. Just becoming a CR to see if the position is anything to your liking honoustly does not seem very helpful to the 'complaints' uttered now that it is a dead post.

I mean, I doubt it.

I have been far more active on the forums in the previous months than all the previous CRs combined, I was thinking maybe I could give it a whirl and see if I could do anything.

Not trying to be cocky or anything, I just dont want to give up on it until I know what it can truly do.

Yeah, got you beat there bud.  ;)

However, if you were to run I would throw my full support behind you.

EDIT: Double post sorry

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2016, 10:59:56 am »
My first act as CR would be to enact my previously elaborated upon strategy to improve the community:

Force everyone who has started from 2014 onwards to have symbols in their signatures denoting them as second class citizens, and force them to go to controlled work camps where they can work to better the forums at a safe distance. They are to blame for our loss in the Great NAvs.EU war, and must be carefully monitored and controlled

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2016, 11:06:36 am »
My first act as CR would be to enact my previously elaborated upon strategy to improve the community:

Force everyone who has started from 2014 onwards to have symbols in their signatures denoting them as second class citizens, and force them to go to controlled work camps where they can work to better the forums at a safe distance. They are to blame for our loss in the Great NAvs.EU war, and must be carefully monitored and controlled
This is the only intelligent thing Ap0c has ever said

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2016, 05:38:15 pm »

Except for the time I splattered his little drummer brains all over a tree
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2016, 05:20:46 am »

Except for the time I splattered his little drummer brains all over a tree

triggeredd

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2016, 06:11:44 am »
Yo Siwi, we need to talk about Karth's most recent mutes regarding the 63e' EU vs. NA thing.

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
  • Side: Union
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2016, 07:19:04 am »
I'd like to see what really are the main problems we are facing. This are what I see happening to the community and why it is dying.
1.Amount of people who play the game. This is a compliant I see a lot. And tbh a little less than 5 months ago I started the AEF. And I was faced with the major problem of a dead community. Starting a regiment by myself with a lack of people to recuirt. Well one I'd say people are uneducated on how to recuirt after I was taught how to recuirt on public servers I'd start to build up people. But also a very effective but very time consuming way was going through old day steam groups of NW regiments and I would add people and recuirt once I built up numbers I could start up my server and have my members get on and play commander battle and if we had 20-30ppl on I'd get 5 New members that day.
2.Toxic community
People are assholes...  But people always tell me how bad  other people are I mean I've heard a LOT of shit about people but even so. Moral standards are something lacking in this community when some admin makes a bad call in a 1v1 so be it. It happens act like a adult and take it. I do understand if it repeated itself more than 2 times but mostly people have to overlook that stuff and understand we make mistakes and with out forgiveness and understanding this community won't change. Also if you don't like someone due to another reason like thier annyoing or cocky or whatever. Deal with it.
3.The competitive side is dying.
Ok I have a good perspective on how it feels to be a regiment that aspires to be top tier but is held back simply by being new. When I first started doing 1v1's it was a dream to beat regiments like the 45e 71st PSG or frankly not getting 10-0. Which when most public regs try 1v1's they get turned off because they suck. And most really good people they get leave for other better regiments. So I think TNWL and how it does semi pro league is wonderful I just wished in the community the regiments who go to linebattles more didn't do 1v1's just to settle a disagreement and start doin  them for fun.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2016, 08:35:56 am »
AEF is the best damn regiment to ever touch this game. Better than 9y, 12th, 3eVolt, and 63e. They could 10-0 every regiment ever in the history of ever.

ez win

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
  • Side: Union
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2016, 12:50:55 am »
AEF is the best damn regiment to ever touch this game. Better than 9y, 12th, 3eVolt, and 63e. They could 10-0 every regiment ever in the history of ever.

ez win
Top kek meme

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2016, 12:57:27 am »

Why am I never featured in these video's?  :'(
You were in the D-Day one a while back I think, on one of the MGs

Yo Siwi, we need to talk about Karth's most recent mutes regarding the 63e' EU vs. NA thing.
From what I can tell, if everyone would have just ignored it, it wouldn't have become that big of deal. Creating adjacent events isn't against the rules, the success of an event is only determined by whether the community endorses and plays the event

"You can be bill gates and create the Zune, but if no one buys it, then you're just the idiot that copied the iPod"
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2016, 02:41:16 am »
Thats ignoring what I said entirely Siwi.

We need to talk about the mutes and bans.

BabyJ practically got banned for saying "I hope nobody signs up for this".

And then theres Theo's mute.

Both skipped the warning process and were punished immediately.

Dont do this Siwi.