Author Topic: Space Colonisation Thread  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Space Colonisation Thread
« on: March 03, 2015, 07:56:52 am »
Well folks, your dreams of space colonisation are near. Apparently there is a 1,000 year program aimed at making the planet Mars habitable.
We will of course be dead by the time this actually would be completed, but apparently there are organisations that are willing to try out colonisation of the the Red planet and even try to make Mars like Earth. I wanted to ask your thoughts on the subject.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1849897/mars-one-33-americans-volunteer-to-spend-the-rest-of-their-life-on-mars/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_Mars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming_of_Mars
http://science.howstuffworks.com/terraforming.htm
http://discovermagazine.com/1992/sep/marsinearthsimag105

Spoiler
>inb4 Russians claim Mars is rightful Russian territory.
[close]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:22:47 am by Akko »

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Space Colonisation Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 12:57:18 pm »
Space colonization is important, awesome, and the next great achievement for the United human race to accomplish

>inb4 UNSC
>masterchef.png
>covenant staph it
>Covenant=Space ISIS?
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline CharlesVasser

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 12:59:18 pm »
Seems kewl.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 02:48:21 pm »
Commander Shepard approves.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Von Alten

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 06:37:19 pm »
spooki
I'm bullying you, 14e became master on bullies

14e_SoP_Alten | 2pp_Fiz_Alten | 1oCaz_Cpl_Alten

Offline DarkLight

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkLight
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 06:46:48 pm »
I propose my virility to spread the human seed around space.

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 07:57:15 pm »
Space Colonisation is the dream and future of our children.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 08:15:09 pm »
I think finding a planet habitable outside of our solar system is more important (though first we'd have to find a way out), but I guess it's still not bad for a 2015 idea.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Von_Clausewitz

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Clausewitz
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 10:26:34 pm »
From what I've read it's mostly a theory of what we humans could do, would we have the unlimited funds to undertake something of this scale. The chances of something like this happening are very unlikely. I think they should probably focus on getting the first few people on Mars and set up base there for further research of the planet (Besides, by the time terraforming Mars becomes a realistic plan, this theory would be somewhat outdated).

Offline SeamanJoe

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 10:31:56 pm »
Maybe it's better to try to resolve the humanity problems on our planet, and not to dream to escape to another one?   :)

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 12:32:26 am »
Maybe it's better to try to resolve the humanity problems on our planet, and not to dream to escape to another one?   :)
haha gl with that one  :P
When the day comes, I now know who to kick out of the spaceship when we have no more room left.
<3

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 12:35:16 am »
Before we colonise into space, we have to take profit, military and propaganda out of the equation, so that it can be done for the sake of scientific advancement and the progress of mankind.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 12:37:44 am »
Before we colonise into space, we have to take profit, military and propaganda out of the equation, so that it can be done for the sake of scientific advancement and the progress of mankind.
haha gl with that one  :P
But very true.
<3

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 01:10:56 am »
I think the colonization of planets is particularly beneficial to the human race and life as we know it because it gives us entire planets to test how life works. In that, I mean, if we were to successfully terraform a planet into a habitable environment similar to the once pristine and natural conditions of Earth, we could learn out of the world (hehe) concepts about what we don't know already, as far as things like evolution and natural/unnatural planetary development go that we're not already aware of. Concepts are one thing, but being able to research a developing biosphere over the course of generations is, in my mind, as concrete as scientific testing gets.

Personally I see it possible. Expensive, in terms of resources used, and it would demand a collective focus of a major proportion of Earth, but hot damn would it be fantastic.

Plus, a back-up habitat is always handy. Imminent destruction of Earth? Send the most well-bred humans (as far as strength, intellect, attractiveness, etc. go) to a non-colonized (but habitable) planet! It's like a fresh, cheaty start!