Author Topic: [NW][M] Liberty or Death - A War of Independence Modification (Update #2)  (Read 81697 times)

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tomdebomb
  • Side: Union
Looks good so far! Good luck! But. To be rather honest, the picture behind the screen where you can select Multyplayer and all that. I don't love it. But in overal, great work for. 1 day?

yea, its only been 1 day... much more planned. so you still up for making the maps?

Offline 32nd_Rct_Schinider

• Sergeant Major
  • 32nd_Rct_Schindier At yer service sir!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 32ndte_Rct_Schinider.5thVa
  • Side: Confederacy
How did you rename the faction's and make the Faction choosing flag like that? Please do answer

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Looks good so far! Good luck! But. To be rather honest, the picture behind the screen where you can select Multyplayer and all that. I don't love it. But in overal, great work for. 1 day?

yea, its only been 1 day... much more planned. so you still up for making the maps?

Yeah, I can do some maps later. But concidering I probably still have maps you can use, and Blitz_Craig (Should definetly check his thread) also has maps you can use. I want to do that later :). First see if the mod actually will come out, and you must check all the maps already made ofcourse. Ill link my thread and Blitz.

My thread: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3104.0
Maps I recomment. that I made:
-Ship in the ice
-Dekkers's trainingsmap  (I think it is good if we add a training map again, like in MM)
-Battle of Camden (Medium size, inspired by the Patriot)
And I probably have some siege maps you could use. But i'll contact you about that when there has been more progress. Because skins will be your main problem I think.

Blitz_Craig's thread: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=251.0
Maps I recomment mady by Blitz.
-Spandau Zitadelle
-Fort George (Upper Canada)
-Fort McHenry
-New Orleans
-Chapultepec (Not sure about this one)

I hope this helps.
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
How did you rename the faction's and make the Faction choosing flag like that? Please do answer

in your module folder there is a folder called language, since I use the english language I went into the en folder then factions and then you can change the name there. With the banners they are in textures as a dds file so you have to get the nividia dds plugin for photoshop to change them. I cant remember exactly what the file is called.

also thanks dekkers

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
 Just showing that you can edit the factions and start and loading screens isn't going to make a mod. I'd recommend going to modelers/texturers.

Offline Hammerstout

• Major General
    • View Profile
Just showing that you can edit the factions and start and loading screens isn't going to make a mod. I'd recommend going to modelers/texturers.
It was the first update -_-

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
Two little nitpicks, the minute men didn't operate as regiments, they operated as companies. Also, it was the Provincial Rifle Corps, not regiment. Those are just some minor things I picked out. Also, what are the intentions for Native Americans regarding the Patriots? Various tribes including the Penobscot fought for the patriots and did quite well at preventing an invasion from Canada. Even if the Patriots had an auxiliary native unit like the British it'd make sense.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Two little nitpicks, the minute men didn't operate as regiments, they operated as companies. Also, it was the Provincial Rifle Corps, not regiment. Those are just some minor things I picked out. Also, what are the intentions for Native Americans regarding the Patriots? Various tribes including the Penobscot fought for the patriots and did quite well at preventing an invasion from Canada. Even if the Patriots had an auxiliary native unit like the British it'd make sense.

Well I do intend to make Natives an individual faction so that they can represent the ones that fought the Continentals and the ones that fought the British, I also got this list as a suggestion and put it up for scrutiny so that I can make a better game.

On the terms of the first update, I agree its not much but thats cause im doing alot of coding which I cant really show but I have just got a TEXTURER  on the team so once I get a modeller we should be up and running.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
thanks rigadoon for helping me to lock the old thread

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
I can't remember in which game it was. But I beleave in Fire and Sword you could pick 2 factions for 1 side at the same time, maybe you could add that. For example, you get: France + Native Americans (It probably has a better name). VS. Great Britain.

You don't even have to use it then, but for events or so, maybe? :)
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
Definitely could not do that.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
If you still need research help Tomo, I'm more than happy to lend another hand.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
If you still need research help Tomo, I'm more than happy to lend another hand.

im happy to see anything you can offer

Offline Agovich

• First Sergeant
  • Left forum, contact: http://tinyurl.com/myhauf9
    • View Profile
Not sure you can, since it's copyright material. And, if you do, FSE will not give you a sub-board since they do not condone the use of copyright material.

How does N&S have their sub-board, since they have also used copyrighted material
= their intro song for the mod (starting menu when you start the game ) = also copyrighted..

I doubt anyone'd mind if you used a few soundtracks from a few movies... Rather enjoyable. But the one (the main theme) of Patriot is not the best for the battle mode, the "Preparing for Battle" one is :)

Had enough, left the forum

[close]

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Not sure you can, since it's copyright material. And, if you do, FSE will not give you a sub-board since they do not condone the use of copyright material.

How does N&S have their sub-board, since they have also used copyrighted material
= their intro song for the mod (starting menu when you start the game ) = also copyrighted..

I doubt anyone'd mind if you used a few soundtracks from a few movies... Rather enjoyable. But the one (the main theme) of Patriot is not the best for the battle mode, the "Preparing for Battle" one is :)

hmmm... interesting, on another note if I get some skins from a certain somebody there may be an update soon to show of all the coding done by either me, CaseofInsanity (creator of the mod NW++) or other mods that I have included since the War of 1809 mod... now that I think about it when I do that update ill put all of there names and mods on this thread.