Poll

Are the "Oldest Pyramids of the world" that were found in Crimea, the real reason for the War?

Yes! Putin only took Crimea because of the alien pyramids.
13 (61.9%)
Yes! I don't believe that the pyramids were made by aliens, but I do believe that Russia took Crimea because of the incredible cultural treasures hidden inside them.
8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 367636 times)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #630 on: March 03, 2014, 10:17:47 pm »
Well, that fact that he's asking a nation to attack his own nation shows how much of an asshole he is.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Admiral

• FSE Developer
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #631 on: March 03, 2014, 10:22:42 pm »
Yanukovych? Oh no, he made a statement saying he would fight to get back into power, by that he means sucking off Putin for his help.

Back then he meant a political fight I think, as he speficied a couple of times that any military interventions were inacceptable in his opinion.

However, you must understand that our ex-pres doesn't have his own opinion. He didn't have one even a month ago when supressing the protests with brutal force, and naturally he doesn't have it now, being a guest/hostage/puppet of the world's strongest and richest dictator.

Btw, short legal analysis by one of my uni professors is as follows:

"Mr Yanukovych is not the President of Ukraine; therefore, none of his statements have any significance under either Ukrainian or intternational law. By the way, if the legitimate President of Ukraine called upon a foreign country to intervene with its armed forces in Ukraine, such a statement would also be worth nothing because the Constituion of Ukraine clearly demands the Parliament's decision for that."

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
« Reply #632 on: March 03, 2014, 10:26:12 pm »
As an American I would support any sort of intervention whether that be military/economy. I highly doubt nukes will be used. Hopefully the thought of NATO/EU intervention will convince Putin to pull his troops out of Crimea.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #633 on: March 03, 2014, 10:34:24 pm »
All these countries should create a trade embargo with Russia and cut off all foreign direct investment, this will hurt our economies but devastate Russia's to a point where they will have to negotiate diplomatically.... Unless their insane

Offline Alpharion

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jnafu Ajunf Najfu Fanju Ufanj
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 03, 2014, 10:40:30 pm »
All these countries should create a trade embargo with Russia and cut off all foreign direct investment, this will hurt our economies but devastate Russia's to a point where they will have to negotiate diplomatically.... Unless their insane
Isn't that sort of what happened with Japan and the Second World War? Or am I mistaken?

MagicTeatowel

« Reply #635 on: March 03, 2014, 10:50:03 pm »
Ukraine is making its speech right now at the Security Council.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26413953

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 03, 2014, 10:51:08 pm »
Isn't that sort of what happened with Japan and the Second World War? Or am I mistaken?

You are correct. UK and US had a trade embargo with Japan but before Pearl Harbor, when Japan invaded Indochina earlier that year... Which also led to them attacking us and for other reasons of course..  But Japan is different in which their economy wasn't as trade dependent on the Allies back then while now Russia's trade surplus is tremendous with EU and US.

Offline Josef Lenin

• Donator
  • Arch Coke Dating Coach
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Josef Lenin
« Reply #637 on: March 03, 2014, 11:04:10 pm »
I assume somebody already posted this, but I'll do it again.
Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7V6FAoTLc[/youtube]
[close]

Offline Madbull

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Grd_Madbull
« Reply #638 on: March 03, 2014, 11:09:09 pm »
I assume somebody already posted this, but I'll do it again.
Spoiler
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7V6FAoTLc[/youtube]
[close]

Typical Vietnam era music made by completely stoned hippies.

Offline stylish

• First Lieutenant
  • Degenerate, Mad, Lunatic, Prick and Halfwit
    • View Profile
    • SADSADASDSA.COM
  • Nick: Stylish
« Reply #639 on: March 04, 2014, 12:08:49 am »
Did the Europeans lose their balls after the major conflicts @ start of the last century :(?

As someone from the EU, I am just fucking ashamed by the lack of any sort of response that might scare Putin in any sort of way, instead we get ''Please pull your troops back Mr Putin, or we might... sanction you with, erh... sanctions!''

Fuck off, move our troops to the border and show some balls.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:11:44 am by stylish »
Former Lieutenant of the 3rdFG || Captain of Team Netherlands NWEC 2014 || Primus <3 Stylish

HERISHEY NEVER FORGET; SPENDS HIS LIFE GETTING TOP POSTS, ONLY TO GET PERMBANNED LOL

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #640 on: March 04, 2014, 12:18:19 am »
So you'd rather want a bloody conflict with thousands of dead people?

Offline stylish

• First Lieutenant
  • Degenerate, Mad, Lunatic, Prick and Halfwit
    • View Profile
    • SADSADASDSA.COM
  • Nick: Stylish
« Reply #641 on: March 04, 2014, 12:20:11 am »

Read.

I want us to send a strong message and at least be prepared for the worst, instead of just sitting about and holding meetings with the UN and other security organizations. There is a major difference.
Former Lieutenant of the 3rdFG || Captain of Team Netherlands NWEC 2014 || Primus <3 Stylish

HERISHEY NEVER FORGET; SPENDS HIS LIFE GETTING TOP POSTS, ONLY TO GET PERMBANNED LOL

Offline Matthew

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ლ(◕◡◕ლ) oly gaym y u heff 2 b med
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matthew ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #642 on: March 04, 2014, 12:23:03 am »
Did the Europeans lose their balls after the major conflicts @ start of the last century :(?

As someone from the EU, I am just fucking ashamed by the lack of any sort of response that might scare Putin in any sort of way, instead we get ''Please pull your troops back Mr Putin, or we might... sanction you with, erh... sanctions!''

Fuck off, move our troops to the border and show some balls.
It is a lot easier to justify military intervention when you have exhausted all peaceful efforts, not attempting to do so and resorting to a similar knee-jerk reaction would only escalate the conflict.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." - Mikhail Bakunin
"Dispassionate, fair, equal"
Oh you wanted a serious response, why didn't you just say so.
b2e98ad6f6eb8508dd6a14cfa704bad7f05f6fb

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #643 on: March 04, 2014, 12:24:28 am »

Read.

I want us to send a strong message and at least be prepared for the worst, instead of just sitting about and holding meetings with the UN and other security organizations. There is a major difference.
Don't you think if other states would put their troops into the Ukraine, Russia would take this as an offensive act against them. As Matthew said, military actions should be the absolute last resort if everything else fails.

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 04, 2014, 12:25:41 am »
Yea as Hadhod said... that would only provoke them even more into doing something even more irrational lol, once all options are exhausted diplomatically / economically then is military "war games" an option.