Author Topic: Great Polish Generals Of The Second World War  (Read 14303 times)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union
Re: Great Polish Generals Of The Second World War
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2013, 07:48:58 pm »
Tak.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2013, 07:52:44 pm »
?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2013, 08:27:20 pm »
Ah  :)

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
  • Side: Union

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2013, 12:14:05 pm »
Then my friends lied to me.

Offline Neon

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2013, 01:40:45 pm »
Another thread o.O

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2013, 02:16:42 pm »
Then my friends lied to me.

THEY LIED TO THE MASTER

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2013, 08:54:04 pm »
Here is an example of the USA's isolationism in WW2:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmfxQ0clIqU[/youtube]

Yeah, except USA was cock-blocking Japan all the way because we wanted our trade with China (not saying this is a bad thing) and also supplied the hell out of the UK and USSR.

I'm under the firm belief that Roosevelt was a warmonger just as much as Churchill, Stalin, and Hitler were. Well, maybe not as much as Churchill, haha.

Honestly wished we stayed out of both world wars. I know Japan attacked us and got what came to them, but it also made us go global police mode trying to fix everyone else's problems.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2013, 09:16:05 pm »
Say if the axis had defeated the UK and USSR. The combined power of the German, Italian, Japanese, British and French navies would have crushed the USA's control of the North Atlantic and the Pacific and possibly left the way open for an invasion by axis troops. Their isolationism could have cost them their independence.

But yeah your second point is valid. Presidents like Kennedy weren't interested in propping up or bringing down foreign governments, only preserving the peace and defending their allies. It's a few select presidents that ruined the USA internationally, and the paranoia of Communism and the almost blindness of post-war Americans that America was the only country in the world with freedom, and that you needed to spread this ideology. Your involvement in the second war was a good thing for the world and for America, although I believe your actions after it let the USA down.

Britain should have never have been forced to repay the lend lease debts for a start, it was economically ruined after the war like Germany - which did not pay anything for its actions. And although many call the Marshall aid plan a great donation by the American people, it was in reality a ploy by Truman to generate a market for American goods in Europe, to further US gains - not as is perceived to entirely help a ruined Europe rebuild itself.

Also yeah Winston Churchill was a bit of a warmonger individual, but if Churchill was listened to in the first place there would have been no second war  :P. He was what the allies or rather Britain and the Empire, in the darkest days of 1940 and 1941 needed - a truly great politician and statesmen. Probably the greatest wartime leader the world has ever known. 

The US needs more presidents like Roosavelt and Kennedy  :'(. And less Republican morons.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:18:55 pm by El_Presidente »

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2013, 09:58:29 pm »
The Italian army and navy were a joke. The Germans would've been so hurting after winning the war, there's no fucking way they could've invaded the U.S. - even if everything went as plan. Anyone who has a Germany/Japan invading mainland U.S. scenario should just throw it in the trash.

I could either see a cold war scenario or something close to the great depression extending due to war profiteering falling on its face... even though the great depression did extend past WWII into the early '50s.

Spoiler
Kennedy was a good president, I agree. However, cutting bad presidents to a party is a good show of little knowledge of the history of American politics. I don't want this conversation about WWII to devolve into American politics, however. I agree with what we did in curbing Communism in Korea and what we tried to do in Vietnam, but failed to do. However, I would've rather us to have declared war and dealt with it rather than doing a half-ass attempt. I know the U.S. foreign intervening has paid of for a multitude of countries, but it's also made our situation fragile and now, teetering on the edge of being domestically dangerous.
[close]

As for not getting reparations for our lend-lease - well, what did you expect? You needed them, you borrowed them, you have to pay them back.

In hindsight you could say that the EU is basically what Hitler wanted anyways excluding racial and nationalistic sympathies.

During the war Sweden offered up a lot of volunteers and equipment to the Finns and there were enough Swedish volunteers for the German army they had their own SS-Division (5.SS "Wiking"). Many Swedish sympathies were that of other Europeans in "Halting Communism and Bolshevism in Europe".

Winston Churchill, much like George S. Patton, were attack dogs. Invaluable during war, a nuisance during peace.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2013, 11:02:37 pm »
In hindsight you could say that the EU is basically what Hitler wanted anyways excluding racial and nationalistic sympathies.

No. It really isn't.

On Vietnam, killing all the civilians so they don't turn Communist is a really good way of avoiding people turning Communist, I agree.

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:05 pm »

On Vietnam, killing all the civilians so they don't turn Communist is a really good way of avoiding people turning Communist, I agree.
I agree. Desperate decisions for desperate times.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2013, 11:13:42 pm »
The US did the same in the first war. The British said 'Hang on, let us get the money from Germany first!' but the US insisted the debts be repaid much quicker.

If the Nazis had continued then the USA could have been strangled economically (The USA imported a lot of goods such as rubber, uranium, oil, silk etc) from the the European Empires. Also the atomic bomb would have no doubt been invented by the Germans and thus nuclear weapons and biological weapons brought to bear against the USA, alongside the captured navies of Britain and France shelling US coastal cities. You're forgetting as well that if the USA had never entered the war it would have been no where ready near for total war if the axis suddenly turned on it, it would have taken 2 years at the least, like it did historically to mobilise US industry.

Due to a lack of mobilisation, the USA would have been squished if the axis suddenly turned on it.

Watch this lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkGxil_CasA&bpctr=1371592103[/youtube]

The allies lose  :(
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:18:54 pm by El_Presidente »