Author Topic: Own Experience?  (Read 13347 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Own Experience?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 03:41:49 pm »
I've been trying to get into reeancting lately, but it's all so far away from my home :P

Pleeeeease. You're Dutch, just like me. Things are never impossibly far away. It's just about the effort you are willing to put in it.  :P

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 03:52:00 pm »
I've been trying to get into reeancting lately, but it's all so far away from my home :P

Pleeeeease. You're Dutch, just like me. Things are never impossibly far away. It's just about the effort you are willing to put in it.  :P
You've got nothing on me. In terms of distance to travel. :P
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 04:22:03 pm »

You've got nothing on me. In terms of distance to travel. :P

100% true. And you are a re-enactor! So in other words, Joer has no excuse!

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
  • Act like a wasteman, that's not me.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Connzcdf
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 05:44:23 pm »
Hoping to join the Army as an officer. Royal Welsh or Welsh Guards. Can't decide though;
Be in basically a tank, or be pompous and have a lovely uniform?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 06:15:13 pm »
If you are thinking about joining the army, and the thing you worry most about is the uniform, here's some advice.

Spoiler
Don't join the army.
[close]

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 06:22:45 pm »
If you are thinking about joining the army, and the thing you worry most about is the uniform, here's some advice.

Spoiler
Don't join the army.
[close]
My concern is what I do after tours of duty. Fix up machines or parade for the queen?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 06:24:16 pm »

Spoiler
Don't join the army.
[close]
My concern is what I do after tours of duty. Fix up machines or parade for the queen?

Here's another piece of advice:

Spoiler
Seriously, don't join the army with those silly reasons. It's stupid and shows little respect to the armed forces.
[close]

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 06:27:05 pm »

Spoiler
Don't join the army.
[close]

Spoiler
Seriously, don't join the army with those silly reasons. It's stupid and shows little respect to the armed forces.
[close]
So you think I'm joining the army because of the uniform? I'm not. And I was referring to the roles. Under Army 2020, the Royal Welsh will be armoured. And Welsh Guards will remain light infantry. I was simply trying to say in a humorous way:
Should I be armoured infantry or light infantry?

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 06:29:58 pm »

Spoiler
Don't join the army.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
So you think I'm joining the army because of the uniform? I'm not. And I was referring to the roles. Under Army 2020, the Royal Welsh will be armoured. And Welsh Guards will remain light infantry. I was simply trying to say in a humorous way:

As far as Riddlez knows, Armoured Infantry isn't 'just' sitting in a tank, but being infantry, but 2 light assault vehicles would be assigned to your platoon, which would transport the soldiers.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 06:32:47 pm »
Spoiler

Spoiler
Don't join the army.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

As far as Riddlez knows, Armoured Infantry isn't 'just' sitting in a tank, but being infantry, but 2 light assault vehicles would be assigned to your platoon, which would transport the soldiers.
[close]
I know I was only saying that a main focus of that would be -in times of peace- to maintain the tanks. The sort of vehicles I would command.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 06:32:59 pm »
Wanted to join the Belgian Grenadiers.
Medical conditions canceled that :/

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 10:11:14 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Don't join the army.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

[close]
I know I was only saying that a main focus of that would be -in times of peace- to maintain the tanks. The sort of vehicles I would command.
[close]

From this, Riddlez is able to deduce you are following higher-quality education, for Riddlez assumes that you would be going to officer cadet academy?
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Connzcdf

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 10:17:42 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Don't join the army.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

[close]
[close]

From this, Riddlez is able to deduce you are following higher-quality education, for Riddlez assumes that you would be going to officer cadet academy?
Hopefully yes.

Offline Allasaphore

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 11:41:14 pm »
I have family that served in Vietnam and Iraq, but I personally won't be going unless there is an immediate danger to the mainland USA and they severely alter the draft to incorporate individuals who may or may not be mentally fit for the battlefield. I'm Autistic, so chances of me getting drafted are very slim, and I'd only join up if I made certain strides socially speaking (these earplugs do wonders for hypersensitivity).

My personal experience doesn't go far from reading about wars and thinking about them. I'd also rather avoid war in general, except as a means to protect something I care about, and only if that thing is in immediate danger.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 05:37:33 am »
Will probably attend Officers Candidates School for the Marine Corp next summer (as my family is good friends with the Captain located in the city im in), and if I do ROTC I also get some scholarship, so its also good because I am in college, and can get a specialized degree =D