Author Topic: FIFA Best Men's Player & Ballon d'Or  (Read 5270 times)

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Ballon d'Or
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 12:48:40 am »
Mbappe scored 13 goals in Ligue 1 and had a good World cup, fucking hell
Based on achievements, yes. An integral part in a PSG side that won the treble and France’s best player at the World Cup. Won young player of the tournament. Don’t see anybody who is better than him 🤷‍♂️ Other than Messi and Ronaldo of course
My god even Jamie Vardy had a better individual season than him in terms of performance, fucking behave. No doubt he's the best youngster in the world and a class player and he will become the best when Messi and Ronaldo retires, but he's not on that level yet.

Mbappe wasn't even a top 5 player in Ligue 1 last season overall.. Then you got people who put De Bruyne as 3rd in Ballon d'or when he didn't even with the premier league player of the year.

this is funny
You only say this because you're a Liverpool fanboy who prays to Salah. Mbappe has been quality this year, a key part of the team that won the treble in France and France's best player at the world cup by far. He isn't an out and out striker and often plays on the wing so comparing him to Vardy is a bit fucking stupid in terms of goals.
Lool this has nothing to do with Liverpool and not once did i mention a Liverpool player but i will now.

Ok, Sterling then, or do i need to say Salah i guess you don't want to admit his greatness :-*, I don't give a shit if he's part of a PSG that is expected to win everything in France, he did not have a exceptional season, he had an exceptional world cup, but that does not define his whole season.
Mbappe is a better player than both Sterling and Salah. More to his game than either of them. Salah is a goalscorer but isn't as complete a player technically as Mbappe. Sterling doesn't turn up enough in the big games and often fucks up in pressured situations.

Mbappe has scored 24 times this season and assisted another 8. That's less than Salah but he's played less and has achieved much more. In case you didn't know, honours count towards a player's nomination for the award. Imo I'd rather have Mbappe in my team than Salah, although the latter is also an amazing player.
The first statement is irrelevant and wrong in terms of Salah he carried a average Liverpool team. Mbappe could never, levels. Also it's last season's performance that matters, Salah broke so many records i can't even count, did it with a average Liverpool squad in both CL and the League.

And yes in recent years it has been more of the honours rather than actual individual performances which is a shame, it's like when Suarez scored 45 goals in the league 2016 but Griezmann had a good Euros so he took the 3rd spot on the list, complete bullshit. But i think that decides it between the likes of Messi and Ronaldo who has pretty much the same stats, but one has won more so the obvious choice is for them to choose Ronaldo as a winner, in Mbappe's case it's a good season, nothing special, other players stand out more. Obviously his World cup was insane and stood out, players shouldn't rely on major trophies to win them Ballon d'or rather than performing on a high level throughout the season.

It seems like you have a personal grudge against Salah, must be because ur an Evertonian no?

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:54:41 am by Sturk »
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Wursti

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 12:49:35 am »
Messi got the highest average rating of all 10 players in the term that counts for ballon d'or

stay salty shitkids

BS, where was messi when Barça and Argentina needed him?! He is imo the best one by far, but no way he deserves "the best" or "ballon d'or" this year.

messi got the most assists (2 - together with some other players) and the 5th highest rating at the WC so i dont know what ur problem is lols

So Messi was the 5th best player in WC  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

still above most ppl on the list (all except hazard i think)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2018, 01:34:21 am »
Spoiler
Based on achievements, yes. An integral part in a PSG side that won the treble and France’s best player at the World Cup. Won young player of the tournament. Don’t see anybody who is better than him 🤷‍♂️ Other than Messi and Ronaldo of course
My god even Jamie Vardy had a better individual season than him in terms of performance, fucking behave. No doubt he's the best youngster in the world and a class player and he will become the best when Messi and Ronaldo retires, but he's not on that level yet.

Mbappe wasn't even a top 5 player in Ligue 1 last season overall.. Then you got people who put De Bruyne as 3rd in Ballon d'or when he didn't even with the premier league player of the year.

this is funny
You only say this because you're a Liverpool fanboy who prays to Salah. Mbappe has been quality this year, a key part of the team that won the treble in France and France's best player at the world cup by far. He isn't an out and out striker and often plays on the wing so comparing him to Vardy is a bit fucking stupid in terms of goals.
Lool this has nothing to do with Liverpool and not once did i mention a Liverpool player but i will now.

Ok, Sterling then, or do i need to say Salah i guess you don't want to admit his greatness :-*, I don't give a shit if he's part of a PSG that is expected to win everything in France, he did not have a exceptional season, he had an exceptional world cup, but that does not define his whole season.
Mbappe is a better player than both Sterling and Salah. More to his game than either of them. Salah is a goalscorer but isn't as complete a player technically as Mbappe. Sterling doesn't turn up enough in the big games and often fucks up in pressured situations.

Mbappe has scored 24 times this season and assisted another 8. That's less than Salah but he's played less and has achieved much more. In case you didn't know, honours count towards a player's nomination for the award. Imo I'd rather have Mbappe in my team than Salah, although the latter is also an amazing player.
The first statement is irrelevant and wrong in terms of Salah he carried a average Liverpool team. Mbappe could never, levels. Also it's last season's performance that matters, Salah broke so many records i can't even count, did it with a average Liverpool squad in both CL and the League.

And yes in recent years it has been more of the honours rather than actual individual performances which is a shame, it's like when Suarez scored 45 goals in the league 2016 but Griezmann had a good Euros so he took the 3rd spot on the list, complete bullshit. But i think that decides it between the likes of Messi and Ronaldo who has pretty much the same stats, but one has won more so the obvious choice is for them to choose Ronaldo as a winner, in Mbappe's case it's a good season, nothing special, other players stand out more. Obviously his World cup was insane and stood out, players shouldn't rely on major trophies to win them Ballon d'or rather than performing on a high level throughout the season.

It seems like you have a personal grudge against Salah, must be because ur an Evertonian no?
[close]
I don't have anything against him, I think he's an amazing player and the best striker in the world, bar Kane. But at the end of the day, Mbappe was a star player in a world cup winning side and Salah is the star player of a team that got battered in the champions league final. He banged a lot of goals but I just don't feel like he runs the game in the same way that Mbappe does.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 01:44:57 am »
I disagree, but opinions amirite ;)
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Guanchito

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 08:23:34 am »
Mbappe's WC was good, not outstanding. And he was arguably the worst of the 3 PSG forwards this season, Salah should be above him.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 10:09:59 am »
I disagree, but opinions amirite ;)
Yes lad

Offline Berkovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ne mutlu Türküm diyene!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: sikik
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2018, 12:23:23 pm »

this is funny

Achieved more in a shit league, i agree that hes a more complete player tho. But still Salahs performance this season was better

And Griezman>mbappe in WC btw