Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post | June-August Term  (Read 19512 times)

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
  • Side: Union
Re: NA Community Rep Post | June-August Term
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 07:34:10 am »
wew lad

I believe in my boi pickle
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 10:04:08 am »
Holy shit use spoilers

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 01:04:48 am »
K. I know you saw my messages on steam, I know you saw my post asking you to unlock my thread, I know you locked my thread before even talking to me, and I know Russian asked you to unlock it as well. Yet here we are.
I responded to you when you asked why I locked your thread. I stopped replying when you went on a rant insulting me and demanding things from me. I would be more than happy to have an actual discussion to work our issues out but I'm not going to engage in pointless back and fourth banter. I'm sorry for locking your thread without talking to you first but that drama did not need to be dredged up and many community members felt the same way including the people who first reported the drama to me and some of the people who were involved in the original incident who didn't want to relive what already happened and what they had already put in their past.

Not even CR for a whole week and you are doing an awful job at it, and I can't begin to understate how disappointed I am in you. Shutting down community discussion the moment things get somewhat heated? Great. That'll definitely serve to help keep this community healthy...NOT. See, avoiding conflict doesn't solve it. That is why drama over a year old is still being brought the fuck up. You know what closing a thread will do? Make sure that drama keeps coming up along with shutting down community discussion and only help to make these forums die. Grimsight put it best:

there's also a reason why taleworlds forums are dead as shit with literally 0 discussion, seriously. FSE forums have always been 1000x more active and entertaining than taleworlds, because lists give something for players to talk about and argue over. its fun and keeps people around

See, even in 2016, if a regimental thread wasn't bumped at least one or so a day, it would fall of the first page. Nowadays? Regimental threads can go days without posts and still stay on the 1st page. That was unthinkable in 2016, and I thought the game and the forums were dead enough then. The only bastion left for discussion on these forums is really the mess hall, and all these lists...and you saw fit to lock one because it got a little heated.
I don't mind the banter but I do mind the personal attacks which have no place on this forum and that includes the Mess Hall.
Did you run for CR to play mod? You seemed pretty quick to use mod powers without even talking to the community. You know, back when I was more active on the forums, I had enough problems with the mods on the forums, but you, a fucking CR, have managed to out-do them. Congratulations.

It was a community member(who was involved in the original drama) who messaged me suggesting I should lock the thread before I had even seen the drama. Dredging up that drama from the past didn't appear to be achieving anything constructive. I decided to lock the thread to give everyone a chance to cool down so things wouldn't escalate further.

BabyJesus
im just curious has pickle actually responded to you at all? i steamed him last night and he just ignored it
I did respond to Apoc when he initially messaged me and when I unlocked his thread but I did not respond to his angry banter.

When you messaged me I was already engaged in 20+ other conversations on Steam, TS, and forum Pms. Some of those people had already said the same thing you said. I'm sorry I didn't get to you but it was late when I finished those discussions and I had to wake up early for work.
[close]

Apoc I'm more than willing to have a reasonable discussion with you soon to work all this out.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 01:12:53 am »
#TrustinPickle

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 01:23:18 am »
You know, out of respect for you actually responding to me, I am not even gonna escalate this any further since you also apologized and you unlocked my thread. Despite the fact that I am far from happy, and I do have my problems with your response, half of why I was angry was you did all of this over my head, so I will drop it for now.

That's literally all it took Pickle. Talking to people. Do more of that from now on.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 01:28:39 am »
Well, as he said, maybe you would have received a better dialogue had you not escalated it in the first place by over reacting.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 01:34:12 am »
Well, as he said, maybe you would have received a better dialogue had you not escalated it in the first place by over reacting.

I mean, if it took me, hours after the fact, adding him on steam to get a sentence out of him, then being promptly ignored on steam and on the forums, of course I am gonna escalate it. I am gonna escalate it until he gives me an actual response, like he did just now.

Pickle should have been the one to talk to me first, not the other way around. I am gonna stand by that.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 01:36:58 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 01:46:21 am »
Well did you insult him and make demands as he said?

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 01:56:45 am »
Well did you insult him and make demands as he said?

My insults were only calling him a bad CR, which I feel is justified for reasons I have already outlined. I never insulted Pickle as a person this whole time, I just insulted him as a CR. Nothing I said to him on steam is different from what I posted on this thread, I just gave him the opportunity to sort it out privately on steam without escalating it. He didn't take that offer, so the rest is history.

My demands were unlocking my thread, as he never justified locking it. He only said to me "things were getting out of hand", as to which I disagreed. He never said anything after that to me until now.

But again, I am willing to leave this in the past for now. I would appreciate if you stop trying to rile me up again. I don't speak for Pickle, but I would guess he would probably appreciate that too.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2018, 02:02:10 am »
So what you’re saying is that you expected reasonable responses when you couldn’t remain reasonable yourself? Don’t insult a man whose help you need, it won’t end well.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 02:11:10 am »
So what you’re saying is that you expected reasonable responses when you couldn’t remain reasonable yourself? Don’t insult a man whose help you need, it won’t end well.

Oh, I was reasonable though. My thread got locked by someone who isn't even a mod without a word to me. At no point on this forums history has that been seen as reasonable. So I, reasonably, got angry. I did what Pickle stated on this thread "add me on steam and discuss your problem with me", and I added him on steam and I brought my problem to him.

But lets make one thing clear, I didn't need his help. I don't NEED that thread to be unlocked. I could have just fucked off and been completely fine. It's not like I am dying and in need of an organ transplant. But I don't take kindly to CRs exercising mod powers without talking to people. That's a dangerous precedent. I actually do care for this community a little bit, and I don't like something that threatens the community, and I saw the thread being locked in that particular manner as just that.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 02:15:14 am »
Ye, there was no reason to lock the thread in the first place, the banter wasn't even that bad.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 02:19:05 am »
And now you’re thread is unlocked. Whatever the interpretation of what went on in that thread, you still went about getting what you wanted in the wrong fashion. You’re way too quick to aggression and confrontation. Maybe if you reigned that in a little bit then the whole situation would have been ironed out much smoother.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 02:23:48 am »
And now you’re thread is unlocked. Whatever the interpretation of what went on in that thread, you still went about getting what you wanted in the wrong fashion. You’re way too quick to aggression and confrontation. Maybe if you reigned that in a little bit then the whole situation would have been ironed out much smoother.

Meh, CR's shouldn't be going around locking peoples threads without talking to them in the first place though.

I don't know how you can do that and expect someone to not react confrontationally.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 02:25:42 am »
I mean, my thread was unlocked, and I hope Pickle has learned his lesson about talking to people first before exercising his mod powers. I think that is about as smooth as it could have gone, and was the outcome I expected when I chose to escalate it. If you think it could have reached the same result through other means, that's literally just speculation on your part. I did it my way, and as far as I see it, my way reached the outcome I wanted.