Author Topic: The community deserves better  (Read 71516 times)

Offline RockheadRumple

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The community deserves better
« Reply #405 on: January 28, 2013, 12:49:26 am »
creates problems where there need not be problems.
/Thread
This is the internet, you have no right, and more over, FSE has final say on this part of the internet. Freedom of speech does not apply here, in a nutshell, if you don't like it, move on. FSE have the final say.

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
  • Doesn't like Welsh Riflemen
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
  • Nick: 91st_Col_James_Stewart
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #406 on: January 28, 2013, 12:49:37 am »
My only regret is that I wasn't mentioned in the OP. Either I'm not important enough, or I'm just rather boring.

Good Luck to the candidates. I'll be using my vote.

French Kitten.

Spoiler
[close]

I hadn't really seen you misusing your administrative powers ever, I mean, slap a ban on someone random in the thread and I'll be more than happy to edit you into the OP.
I have.

Offline Bashy

• Colonel
  • Welsh
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #407 on: January 28, 2013, 12:50:31 am »
My only regret is that I wasn't mentioned in the OP. Either I'm not important enough, or I'm just rather boring.

Good Luck to the candidates. I'll be using my vote.

French Kitten.

Spoiler
[close]

I hadn't really seen you misusing your administrative powers ever, I mean, slap a ban on someone random in the thread and I'll be more than happy to edit you into the OP.

I have.
"time flys like anything these days when old friends start to become faint memories in back of our heads" - Hairywarhero

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 28, 2013, 12:53:14 am »
You're my hero Hekko..

Offline Hader

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Total War Center
  • Nick: _1stRddt_Inquisitor_Hader
« Reply #409 on: January 28, 2013, 01:01:04 am »
I have to say I'm still slightly confused after reading this whole thread. But get the general gist of discontent.

I've been a NA admin for some time now though in recent months I really haven't been on the servers at all. Hopefully when I was more active my admining was fine by the community. But that's besides the point. I think.

I can't really say much since I have missed a lot it seems and just haven't been active enough in the community compared to so many others. But I have been part of moderation staff at Total War Center for about 6 years now and I've learned a lot about moderation, administration and community relations in that time. It's been the model of how I do just about anything requiring any small amount of skill from each. I can safely say to all a few things:

1) Posting anything irrelevant or stupid will only get you a similar response. I said I read this thread, I kinda lied, I read everything that wasn't a one liner or obvious crap. There are hardly a few pages worth of relevant posts in this thread.

2) I understand community managers are to come of this? Something like that at least. While such a thing sounds good in theory, it can also turn out to be more useless than the lack of the institution beforehand. So tread lightly and be calm and most importantly, respectful, regarding this.

Don't have much else to say. As I said, I am not all caught up to speed here. I will not voice support for one or another though, nor will I attack anyone's methods or words, though I can probably point out flaws if I took the time. My case in point: from all I've learned at TWC, don't let "revolution" nonsense go to your head, don't turn this into Team A vs Team B, and always look at one's argument as if they are fully in the right, lest you start acting more cynical than skeptical.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 28, 2013, 01:40:58 am »
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Johnston

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 28, 2013, 01:43:53 am »
long live Hekko you sexy beast

Offline Offizer

• Second Lieutenant
  • what is this game?
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 28, 2013, 02:58:05 am »
100% Support from me, would love to see some change, especially the North-American side.

What do you mean?

Well from what I've seen I have noticed that the NA admining on US-1 is not/has not been up-to-par as EU-1 has for the pass few months or so. Now, perhaps I am a little biased upon wanting change on more of the NA side (I'm an NA player, but used to and prefer EU servers), but overall I never liked the "atmosphere" of US-1 compared to EU-1, both amongst the admins and regular players as well. That probably cannot be changed with the average players but I expect just a little better from the administration. And I could bring up some examples of past faultly admining but I'd rather not atm....

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
« Reply #413 on: January 28, 2013, 03:21:54 am »
100% Support from me, would love to see some change, especially the North-American side.

What do you mean?

Well from what I've seen I have noticed that the NA admining on US-1 is not/has not been up-to-par as EU-1 has for the pass few months or so. Now, perhaps I am a little biased upon wanting change on more of the NA side (I'm an NA player, but used to and prefer EU servers), but overall I never liked the "atmosphere" of US-1 compared to EU-1, both amongst the admins and regular players as well. That probably cannot be changed with the average players but I expect just a little better from the administration. And I could bring up some examples of past faultly admining but I'd rather not atm....

Up-to-par in what regard?  Get into the details, if you please, because I want to know why people think this.

I've heard people write that it's too strict now, with admins punishing for the least offence (especially new ones), but is this not the case on the EU servers? The difference, as I've perceived it (which means that I may be wrong), is that on the EU servers, there are fewer people who break the rules and/or more respect for the rules. Which means that the admins have to do less work. On US_1, you cannot go through a map without someone at the very least intentionally teamwounding, or some sort of slur being said. It's crazy.
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 28, 2013, 03:26:07 am »
I would say this has reached the end of it's revolution and should be locked.
Un-needed drama this community really doesn't need.
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline tico13

• Donator
  • NA Server Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Col_Tico
« Reply #415 on: January 28, 2013, 03:31:03 am »
I'm just here to linebattle.  8)

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 28, 2013, 03:31:16 am »
+1 we've all said our parts, now let's move on.

Offline Mad_man1

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 28, 2013, 03:39:08 am »
It´s a very good point that admin should be held accountable for their actions and should lead by example all times, but regarding the community i must say it´s one of the best i ever been a part of ! I also think this 'community representative' thing don´t need to be done, all that expected from FSE is to choose admin based on merit, never allow complacency and support the community like we support you ! Nobody want to see FSE go wrong, we want to see FSE succeed, so be accountable for what you do ,admit to your faults and promise to never do it again and then we can move forward ! But remember FSE need our support otherwise it very difficult to improve the situation

Offline Salcos

• First Lieutenant
  • Deus Vult, Romans 12:11, Κύριε Ελέησον
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Salcos
« Reply #418 on: January 28, 2013, 04:40:13 am »

Well Said Xeroth, We really don't need anymore of this
I hate it when people pass me a cup by holding on to the rim of it...

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #419 on: January 28, 2013, 04:59:38 am »
So after reading all this....what you're saying is....people should be not be allowed to fire while charging.

PS:  I painted this just for this thread.  I hope you enjoy!  I've titled it "Heartless".

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:04:20 am by Thundersnow »