Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 76728 times)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #300 on: February 04, 2019, 03:44:02 am »
Waste are you active duty or reserves?

active duty in the weeb corps
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #301 on: February 04, 2019, 03:55:55 am »
Waste are you active duty or reserves?

active duty in the weeb corps
But reserves in the USMC

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #302 on: February 05, 2019, 06:08:52 am »
So if I were to go with John Price's build I'd be pretty set ye?

One of the things I liked about that IBP pc I posted was the price, 2000 is the top of my budget ideally I'd be around 1500.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #303 on: February 05, 2019, 08:20:08 am »
So if I were to go with John Price's build I'd be pretty set ye?

One of the things I liked about that IBP pc I posted was the price, 2000 is the top of my budget ideally I'd be around 1500.

If you want to be closer to $1500 then go with a Ryzen 7 2700X system:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2knDsZ

But if you do not mind going closer to 2k then i think this build is perfect: ($1800)
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cbfbHh

Both systems would be monsters and very future-proof with the most modern parts possible for everything. They also both include everything you would need and i made sure they do not use rebates to get an exact price and kept all parts on Amazon/Newegg to limit shipping. ;D

P.S. Do not pay for windows up front. You can install and use it completely free with no issues, just pay for it later and use the extra money now for the system build. I am still on the free version of windows, pretty much only difference i notice is a small watermark that can be removed whenever i want to pay for it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 04:37:54 pm by Marceaux »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #304 on: February 05, 2019, 11:42:41 am »
Drop i9 for i7 and get 2080ti
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2019, 01:45:44 pm »
If you want an uber gaming PC now ($1700):
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/L9JLgw

If you upgrade the CPU when Zen 2 comes out ~Q3 2019 ($1400, then sell CPU and upgrade):
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nFthw6
DON'T get a 2700X unless you're actually doing video editing/streaming (let us know if you are, as you need more RAM and there are better CPUs for it). If you want cheaper now to upgrade, there's no reason for getting a 2700X, it's just a more expensive part to try to sell later. 2600 -> Zen 2 is the way to go.

Tomahawk for the motherboard, as MSI's motherboards are the best for overclocking atm in terms of VRM and capabilities. Price is not everything.
When looking at cases, having 3 fans in the front isn't always the best if they choke them by putting them 1mm from the glass front panel with no inlets. Personally some of my favourites are Fractal Design, like the Define R6, Meshify C and Define C. But again, personal taste.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 05, 2019, 04:14:33 pm »
Drop i9 for i7 and get 2080ti

I do not think you understand how expensive 2080ti is lmfao, there is no way to fit one into his budget. And if he tried he would end up bottlenecking it badly because the cheaper cpu etc couldn't keep up.

If you want an uber gaming PC now ($1700):
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/L9JLgw

If you upgrade the CPU when Zen 2 comes out ~Q3 2019 ($1400, then sell CPU and upgrade):
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nFthw6
DON'T get a 2700X unless you're actually doing video editing/streaming (let us know if you are, as you need more RAM and there are better CPUs for it). If you want cheaper now to upgrade, there's no reason for getting a 2700X, it's just a more expensive part to try to sell later. 2600 -> Zen 2 is the way to go.

Tomahawk for the motherboard, as MSI's motherboards are the best for overclocking atm in terms of VRM and capabilities. Price is not everything.
When looking at cases, having 3 fans in the front isn't always the best if they choke them by putting them 1mm from the glass front panel with no inlets. Personally some of my favourites are Fractal Design, like the Define R6, Meshify C and Define C. But again, personal taste.

There is no reason for him to not get a i9-9900k right now when he can easily afford it if hes going over $1500 and its the current undisputed best gaming CPU. The intel build i suggested is superior to the one you just posted in literally every way and its barely more expensive. The tomahawk boards are considered budget oriented when compared to the gaming pro carbon boards. They are great boards for sure but the carbon boards are better. And when it comes to case if you are not considering the looks that much, you want the best thermals possible and the H500M/H500P Mesh are pretty much king when it comes to case temps. It also has pretty much all the features you could ask for in a high-end case.

And it seems he doesn't want to bother with it much after its built, that is why i suggested 2700X. Its a great CPU and if hes building a system to be done with its certainly better then the 2600 long term. But yes if he did want to upgrade in a few months going for a Ryzen 5 now would be good until the new ones release. And when it comes to mobos for ryzen i wouldnt say msi is the undisputed best. ASUS ROG boards are VERY good and some of the best quality available, and overclocking ryzen is a breeze on the rog b450/x470 boards. Also when it comes to RAM for Ryzen you certainly want to go for the fastest possible that is why i went with that new g.skill trident Z 3200mhz kit that is am4 certified and will give him the best speeds/timings possible right now.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 04:42:00 pm by Marceaux »

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #307 on: February 05, 2019, 04:18:08 pm »
Yeah the 2080ti is insane, I was looking at it earlier when looking into a new PC.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #308 on: February 05, 2019, 04:32:26 pm »
All this talk about getting a new PC is making me wish I was rich smh.

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 05, 2019, 04:34:05 pm »
I'm not rich but I could afford an extra £80-90 a month or so so looking at a 2-3k PC.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 05, 2019, 05:07:22 pm »
I recently started a small side job while I attend classes. When my financial aid disbursement comes back, I might start setting some money aside to buy parts for a new PC gradually.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 05, 2019, 05:10:23 pm »
I recently started a small side job while I attend classes. When my financial aid disbursement comes back, I might start setting some money aside to buy parts for a new PC gradually.

With Ryzen being so good and affordable now building a new gaming pc on a budget is easy! You can do it!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 05, 2019, 05:11:26 pm »

With Ryzen being so good and affordable now building a new gaming pc on a budget has never been more possible! You can do it!!!!!!!! ;D

Eh. I'm an Nvidia and Intel guy. Not a big fan of AMD products all that much but I'll look into it.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 05, 2019, 05:14:11 pm »

With Ryzen being so good and affordable now building a new gaming pc on a budget has never been more possible! You can do it!!!!!!!! ;D

Eh. I'm an Nvidia and Intel guy. Not a big fan of AMD products all that much but I'll look into it.

AMD is KILLING Intel right now in terms of CPU's price to performance. And the next gen Ryzen CPU's are supposed to kill intel lol but we will see... NVIDIA graphics cards are certainly still better then AMD's but who knows now that the AMD NaVi gpu's are about to release? And if you truly are on a tight budget AMD really is the only good option.

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 05, 2019, 05:21:25 pm »

The last two PC's I had was Nvidia/AMD but I think I'll try Intel this time round.