Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support  (Read 186681 times)

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support
« Reply #330 on: October 26, 2019, 08:40:27 am »
Isn't it just the closest 32 entry points spawn the defenders or is that just native?

Hmm, I'm not sure actually, I've always done it like this and never had a problem. Pretty sure it's 0-31 And 32-63, let me run some tests

Interestingly we're both right, looks like for players it's 0-31 And 32-63, but bots don't follow this rule, they seem to spawn at the closest 32 as you mention, weird! Guess I've never had cause to check this before because rarely use bots myself!

Offline Woeski

• First Lieutenant
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
  • Nick: Woeski
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #331 on: May 10, 2020, 01:21:53 pm »
Pretty simple questions I guess, but I was wondering if there is an ammobox in the base Napoleonic Wars dlc where you can get musket ammo ?

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #332 on: May 10, 2020, 01:33:24 pm »
Pretty simple questions I guess, but I was wondering if there is an ammobox in the base Napoleonic Wars dlc where you can get musket ammo ?
Yup there is, did you want it intractable by players or not? you can both add a static item into the map which adds it like a normal prop, but also as of NW V1.2 you can add it into the map, but allow players to pick them up.

*edit*
Static Item (not interactive)
Place the item like any normal prop to get the desired result.
[close]
Interative Item
Place the item normally into the map. If you don't want the cartidges to always spawn, change Var2 to represent a percentage, i.e. Always 1-100% of chance. Var 2 of 0 will mean they are always spawned in.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 01:44:04 pm by Zebaad »

Offline Woeski

• First Lieutenant
  • (2Ch) - DDB - Mamluk
    • View Profile
    • 2Ch & BACM regiment
  • Nick: Woeski
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #333 on: May 10, 2020, 07:11:14 pm »
Thanks a lot, sadly I think the module system isn't on 1.2 yet...

Also I was actually more looking for an actual ammo box, since I saw it once on a server where there would  be a box and you could take ammo from it. Could have been custom made though.

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #334 on: May 11, 2020, 03:58:57 pm »

Also I was actually more looking for an actual ammo box, since I saw it once on a server where there would  be a box and you could take ammo from it. Could have been custom made though.
Do you mean ammo for muskets?

If so yes that would have been custom made, it's only possible with scripts.

If you mean artillery ammo, I'm not actually too sure if you can get that to spawn without a cannon I'd need to look that up- let me know if you'd like me to do so! (more than happy to)

Offline Niko5557

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 61e_Brg_Niko5557
« Reply #335 on: May 20, 2020, 10:21:26 pm »

Actually it is.
Here's the 1.210 module sys file
https://www.fsegames.eu/mb_warband_napoleonic_wars_source_1210.zip
Why would anyone use this?

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
« Reply #336 on: October 21, 2020, 10:51:22 pm »
Anyone know how to change the actual size of a map?  I know it's in the scenes.txt just unsure of which set of numbers I'm looking for..?

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #337 on: October 21, 2020, 11:30:19 pm »
Anyone know how to change the actual size of a map?  I know it's in the scenes.txt just unsure of which set of numbers I'm looking for..?
Hiya, the map size is determined purely by the scene code, take a look at this link for the terrain editor tool (also accessible through the single player code button) I can't recall who originally created this, but I don't own rights to the site.

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #338 on: October 22, 2020, 12:55:39 am »
Hiya, the map size is determined purely by the scene code, take a look at this link for the terrain editor tool (also accessible through the single player code button) I can't recall who originally created this, but I don't own rights to the site.

Yeah, I figured it out, I just dragged in the old code and changed the size through that, so thanks for the help!

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #339 on: October 22, 2020, 08:05:31 pm »
I'm back XD.  So, I'm now adding flags and such on (in this case) the countryside map.  So far, I've added 7 flags (that includes the two spawns) and make a scene line for the conquest map.  In the strings file I've also added the names:

str_mp_countryside_flag_1 Village
str_mp_countryside_flag_2 Woods
str_mp_countryside_flag_3 Artillery Battery
str_mp_countryside_flag_4 Pond
str_mp_countryside_flag_5 Farm
str_mp_countryside_flag_6 Crossroads
str_mp_countryside_flag_7 Forest

So.  my question is, why the hell is my screen going insane with scrips in the wrong place, and the map isn't showing up in conquest mode.  Btw, the flags I've used:  #64 and #65 are my spawns for Team 1 and Team 2 respectively, and the flags I used (as per Gokiller's instructions) the headquarters_flag_grey.    Any help here would be great!

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #340 on: October 22, 2020, 08:50:27 pm »
I'm back XD.  So, I'm now adding flags and such on (in this case) the countryside map.  So far, I've added 7 flags (that includes the two spawns) and make a scene line for the conquest map.  In the strings file I've also added the names:

So.  my question is, why the hell is my screen going insane with scrips in the wrong place, and the map isn't showing up in conquest mode.  Btw, the flags I've used:  #64 and #65 are my spawns for Team 1 and Team 2 respectively, and the flags I used (as per Gokiller's instructions) the headquarters_flag_grey.    Any help here would be great!
Hiya, afraid I can't recall off the top of my head the correct setup- will check shortly. Are you modifying the python strings file from the source code or the strings text file?

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #341 on: October 22, 2020, 09:17:10 pm »

Hiya, afraid I can't recall off the top of my head the correct setup- will check shortly. Are you modifying the python strings file from the source code or the strings text file?

OH MY GOD I COMPLETELY FORGOT ha ha I've been editing the strings as a text file not as python XD  But yes, thanks for checking I've looked and I've done everything I've found.