Author Topic: EGS | Season 4 League 1 Tournament #1 | 5v5 | 30.10  (Read 2217 times)

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
  • European Groupfighting Series
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
EGS | Season 4 League 1 Tournament #1 | 5v5 | 30.10
« on: October 14, 2022, 11:52:51 am »

Welcome to the first tournament of EGS Season 4 hosted by Voluble & DarkTemplar & Chainsor. This season we return with a similar admin team with new ambitious additions to continue making EGS the best series ever. The format stays the same for the highly successful league 2, only difference this season has is there is no loans available during 5v5s and League 1 has a different format. Same old EGS, same old consistency and media coverage expected!
The tournament will be hosted on Sunday the 30th October at 20:00GMT. There will be a transfer ban for this tournament. The tournament will be played in the standard 5v5 format. Teams will have to fight their way through a groupstage in order to claim victory.

Brackets HERE

Referees

Bagins
Gibby
Ruler
Movement
Smylie
Stoiki
Python
Achilles
Troister
Higen
Coco
Desant
Maskman
Janne
Ricky
Porkins
Gi
Nightwing

[close]

Every team must read the following rules as they are very important and EGS rules are different compared to normal tournaments.
We were kind of disappointed by seeing that even some captains didn't even read the rules. Please, read it all.

Roster Rules
- Rosters are capped at 8 people as you are aware.
- Players MUST sign up with their community names ONLY. No roleplay names allowed.
- Must also use community faces rather than randomized ones OR you face punishment (refer to EGS Rules)
- Transfer deadline is set at 5pm (17:00 GMT) the day before every tournament . After that, not a SINGLE change will be allowed.
[close]
General Rules
- Melee speed will be set on medium.
- The only class allowed is the line infantry.
- You aren't allowed to spawn if you are not playing.
- All matches will be ft7, apart from the Final (ft10).
- A good behaviour is expected. Insulting/toxicity will lead to 1 warning then a suspension from matches.
- Cheating once will result in a permanent ban of any future EGS tournaments.
- ID MUST be provided, if not, players with ID's missing won't be allowed to play. It can result in a temporary ban or even more.
[close]

Match Rules
- Once a match has been called, each team has ~5 minutes to get ready.
- If the first round is not started within ~5 minutes, the responsible team will be punished, as 1 round will be awarded to their opponents.

- After each round, each team has ~1 minutes before they must have typed 'r' again.
- If the next round is not started within ~1 minutes, the responsible team will be punished, as 1 round will be awarded to their opponents.

-The rules above are controlled by the referee - if the referee says ~5 or ~1 minutes is up, then the time is up.

-If there is clear delaying in a duel at the end of a round after 2 minutes then a warning to the fight will be given. If the player continues to delay or run from the duel then the admin can slay the player.

-In any case of a server crash/map change if it is to happen, then all current rounds WILL be VOIDED.

[close]

Pos
| Pic
| Team Name
| Point
1st| | The Round Table| 131
2nd| | CocoTouch| 110
3rd| | Renegades| 090
4th| | Snappers| 080
5th| | NSS| 050
6th| | Regrouped| 050
7th| | Kamikaze| 040
8th| | Crappers| 040
9th| | Renaissance| 020
10th| | Blacknights| 010
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 12:17:35 am by Chuckster »

Offline EGS Official

• Board Moderator
  • European Groupfighting Series
    • View Profile
Re: EGS | Season 4 League 1 Tournament #1 | 5v5 | 30.10
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 06:37:49 pm »
Introduction

Spoiler

Here we are back again for the 4th installment of EGS, after a long 8 months much has changed across the scene, some players gone and others returned. We’ve got 10 teams for this season of league 1, with some old favorites kicking around like snappers and NSS. A return of some of the old guard in regrouped, and a new powerhouse in RT.

This season will be limited to 5v5 and 6v6 and the small format is going to make the teams a lot more competitive in the upper echelons of the scene, with the ability to rely on your best core members, teams lacking depth in roster will be more competitive this season.
[close]
Prediction

Spoiler
The obvious favourites of this season should be RT, wielding a line up of players that some might call the ‘great stack’ they are a formidable force lining up to bat this season. With the new additions of Gerher and sHype returning to their team they’ve added extra depth to an already overwhelming team. However, early calls have risen regarding some inability for players to attend this Sunday due to a halloween party at Fietta’s house that might damage their depth coming into this first tournament.

Challenging RT this season the more humble renegades lead by one of the greatest all-time Bagins, and a returning resurrected certified game legend Voluble are facing a battle for first place akin to the story of David vs Goliath. However the last ATS tournament proved RT may not be as scary as some thought, losing a decisive 10-6 in the classic 6v6 format. This 5v5 Sunday may not be as predictable as it should be on paper.

This season however is certainly not a two horse race, with Snappers now leading a German vanguard with Bunterigel at the helm, a french EGS hall of famer in Chuckster, and the classic snappers in Gi and Firefly in would not be surprised to see them in the some of  finals this season.

Additionally an ever stronger team led by the famous Coco has been lurking round the corner, this season they’ve incorporated an impressive polish trio in Natsuu, Ciomcio and Komar. And they’ve topped their lineup off with experience in Hypno and Marquez. They’re no stranger to competition and I'd imagine could upset any team on the day.

Over in the tombs of veterans, Regrouped have been reborn with a refreshed lineup and look promising this season. NSS are back again with another good lineup. Renaissance, Kamikaze, Blacknights and Crappers forming the rest of the league should bring some much needed added spice to the group stages.

[close]
Player to watch out

Spoiler
This season it’s most of RT’s lineup:
Jakob, Achilles, Python, DOMI. I’d imagine all 4 of these could rack up some big kills this Sunday (If they’re there) and this season.

Bagins, Voluble, Bunter igel, Natsuu, Ciomcio, Louis, Marxiel & Zenon should all be watched out for in their respected teams too.
[close]

WRITTEN BY Golden

Offline FENTON

• First Lieutenant
  • Professional Palmares Hunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Last pick
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 07:05:20 pm »
Fietta can I come to ur party?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 07:18:30 pm »
He told me to inform you no.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline FENTON

• First Lieutenant
  • Professional Palmares Hunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Last pick
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2022, 08:25:38 pm »
:steamsad:

Offline Voluble123

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 05:48:17 pm »
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 05:51:15 pm »
https://challonge.com/1ef9y7bx/bracket Challonge Released.
"
The tournament system for League 1 will differ from last Season, so the participating teams get more playtime plus it will be more competitive. 8 teams devided into two groups, the first two teams will head into the upper bracket against the other first two seeded teams from the other group. The bottom teams will head into a lower bracket and play for points there. The tournament system for League 2 remains the same like last season. 4 groups with 5 teams. The first three teams will head to the knock-out stage whereby the first seeded team will head directly to the quarters.
"
 ???

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Board Moderator
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 05:52:28 pm »
"
The tournament system for League 1 will differ from last Season, so the participating teams get more playtime plus it will be more competitive. 8 teams devided into two groups, the first two teams will head into the upper bracket against the other first two seeded teams from the other group. The bottom teams will head into a lower bracket and play for points there. The tournament system for League 2 remains the same like last season. 4 groups with 5 teams. The first three teams will head to the knock-out stage whereby the first seeded team will head directly to the quarters.
"
 ???

There is 10 teams now so it's different.

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 05:57:50 pm »
"
"
 ???

1-2 vs 1-2
3-4 vs 3-4
5 vs 5  :o

Offline Voluble123

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2022, 06:05:05 pm »
"
"
 ???

1-2 vs 1-2
3-4 vs 3-4
In English?
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2022, 06:08:51 pm »
"
"
 ???

1-2 vs 1-2
3-4 vs 3-4
I did put this forward to vol but he said it was too complicated so dropped it.

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2022, 06:29:06 pm »
"
"
 ???

1-2 vs 1-2
3-4 vs 3-4
I did put this forward to vol but he said it was too complicated so dropped it.
ok

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2022, 10:30:37 pm »
Ggs some fun/close matches. Nice to beat RT for the second time out of three tournaments. I know they were 'missing Jakob, DOMI, Fietta and Python' (teehee) however.  ;)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2022, 10:39:02 pm »
GG everyone we played, was fun  8)
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline higened243ed

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 243 grouped co-captained
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 85e / 2eFusGre
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2022, 11:00:31 pm »
GG all thx for tournament see you next time