Author Topic: ATS | 6v6 Classic Tournament | 25.09  (Read 10332 times)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ATS | 6v6 Classic Tournament | 25.09
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2022, 07:26:23 pm »
You say 'lets just try something' but both this series and others have done it in the past, so far it's always gone shite and ended up reverting for that reason. Doing more test runs will only lead to the same results, this is quite literally the definition of insanity. Doing unconventional tournaments doesn't mean you should just use retarded formats for the fun of it. 'Unconventional tournaments' btw, 'Classic 6v6' teehee.

EDIT: MarxeiL beat me to it the rat.
Ye I see ur point but in my opinion it will make group-stages far more competitive since every round counts. Which is ultimately something I want to see.
'Far more competitive' is definitely an over-statement. Quite often 'good' teams will lose a few rounds to any old teams if they underestimate them or just start not playing properly as they believe them to not be a challenge where as against a middle-ground or lower-good team they then go full tryhard. So the worse team gets a 5-3 but the better team gets a  5-0 against the same opponent due to the mentality of NW players/teams. That won't change so the middle to lower-good teams could easily be done in by such a system whilst shite teams make it one more round only to be ruined in the knockouts. That's not more competitive it's delaying the inevitable. :)

To be clear I don't believe it'll effect the very top teams, your Renegades or RT's but other 'good' teams will lose out due to the poor mentality from a lot of top/better players.
The real problem is the amount of tournament format from 5v5 to 8v8 so basically your team need to have 8 good players to win a 8v8 but in a 5v5 you have 3 "good player" lock in spec. So to have a perfect competitive scene you need to just have 5v5 format with no player on the bench like csgo etc and you will have like 6 good team playing for the win.
This is not entirely wrong, but I believe it's too late to resolve that issue since most teams now have so many players and wouldn't want to drop a bunch, The scene would be a lot more competitive with only 5v5/6v6's though.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2022, 08:11:43 pm »
@Fietta while I don't disagree with most of your point's I think you are looking at this too logically, yes on paper each round becomes more important however overall in a tournament scenario it's completely different.

I don't want to reiterate some of herishey's and others points, however I would like to bring to light some bits of empirical evidence where we have tried this before, once was the PTK and I know the bracket was wrong but you still didn't change it and went ahead with the shit decision (very worrying).

Second is a Marxeil and I think Wursti tournament, don't remember the format but it was one big group with a round based system and I distinctly remember winning based of a single round with PB in a match against a Russian team and that was the deciding factor.

It felt garbage to win like we hadn't achieved what we wanted, in addition to that I remember we 7-0 snappers and they really did get unlucky in our match and despite them going on to beat cazadores (who we almost lost to) they ended like 5th in the bracket.

IMO with so few teams in what is an extremely volatile competitive format as others have stated some rounds can go the other way it seems to me like you really are just causing unnecessary drama and trouble.

@Blitz in football its based on 90 minutes + extra time instead of a points limit so a counter argument would be with more time the other team might have won, just like saying well with more rounds we might have won. There is a limit set for a reason it's the first to reach it, it doesn't matter how you got there.

Point's being the decider makes far more sense.

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2022, 08:17:39 pm »
ight some bits of empirical evidence where we have tried this before, once was the PTK and I know the bracket was wrong but you still didn't change it and went ahead with the shit decision (very worrying).

Second is a Marxeil and I think Wursti tournament, don't remember the format but it was one big group with a round based system and I distinctly remember winning based of a single round with PB in a match against a Russian team and that was the deciding factor.

It felt garbage to win like we hadn't achieved what we wanted, in addition to that I remember we 7-0 snappers and they really did get unlucky in our match and despite them going on to beat cazadores (who we almost lost to) they ended like 5th in the bracket.

Was that the one where we lost to CCCP (marxeil, DOMI, Ivan etc) like 5-2 or smth but we still won the tourney over them by 1 pt?

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2022, 08:20:37 pm »
ight some bits of empirical evidence where we have tried this before, once was the PTK and I know the bracket was wrong but you still didn't change it and went ahead with the shit decision (very worrying).

Was that the one where we lost to CCCP (marxeil, DOMI, Ivan etc) like 5-2 or smth but we still won the tourney over them by 1 pt?

Oh yes that was it!

Offline Fietta

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2022, 09:03:17 pm »
@Fietta while I don't disagree with most of your point's I think you are looking at this too logically, yes on paper each round becomes more important however overall in a tournament scenario it's completely different.

I don't want to reiterate some of herishey's and others points, however I would like to bring to light some bits of empirical evidence where we have tried this before, once was the PTK and I know the bracket was wrong but you still didn't change it and went ahead with the shit decision (very worrying).

IMO with so few teams in what is an extremely volatile competitive format as others have stated some rounds can go the other way it seems to me like you really are just causing unnecessary drama and trouble.

@Blitz in football its based on 90 minutes + extra time instead of a points limit so a counter argument would be with more time the other team might have won, just like saying well with more rounds we might have won. There is a limit set for a reason it's the first to reach it, it doesn't matter how you got there.

Point's being the decider makes far more sense.

fair enough

Well, given the choice Giorno and I would've changed it

Offline DarkBG

• First Lieutenant
  • To die will be an awfully big adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2022, 09:08:11 pm »

Offline higened243ed

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 243 grouped co-captained
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 85e / 2eFusGre
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2022, 07:01:17 pm »

Offline Witold

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2022, 07:45:52 pm »
Team Name: MAJ
Team Captain (Steam Link required): https://steamcommunity.com/id/RonaldoBrazil/
Did you read all the rules and accept them?: yes
Roster (IDs/Nations required):

@ID? #Player Community Name

@ID? #Lebrun
@ID? #Fred2
@ID? #Terminator
@ID? #Attila
@ID? #Foltes
@ID? #Russzin

first update

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2022, 09:33:32 pm »

Hate it
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

David_Schrein

« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2022, 10:05:19 pm »

Hate it
thats only because they lost one tho
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 10:09:12 pm by [M]ovement »

Offline Ceedoy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ceed
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2022, 12:51:49 am »
Team Name: Hashira
Team Captain (Steam Link required): https://steamcommunity.com/id/profilityofgamer
Did you read all the rules and accept them?:

@1591730 #Ceed
@1624559 #pro100pro
@892796 #Melsyo
@1964110  #Stanlox
@1834925 #Skobelev
@1738245 #MuXaHuK
@1722460 #Raime
@2198358 #Ogok
@1149934 #Lisowczyk

« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 07:43:53 pm by XBOCT »

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2022, 12:52:02 pm »
Legends never die
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Fluxyy

« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2022, 01:50:52 pm »
You kids hurt my head for always wanting to debate this shitty game wake up and focus on your life irl

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2022, 02:09:08 pm »
You kids hurt my head for always wanting to debate this shitty game wake up and focus on your life irl
get a job kid

Offline EPICxPIZZA

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2022, 02:31:16 pm »
Team Name: Impact
Team Captain (Steam Link required): EpicPizza https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198121877621/
Did you read all the rules and accept them?: Yes