Author Topic: EGS | Discussion  (Read 61227 times)

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Major
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: EGS | Discussion
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2021, 06:45:13 pm »
Totally agree on the yellow muskets ban, I will comply with the admins decision by using my new texture pack 😎🤙

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Board Moderator
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2021, 07:28:15 pm »
With EGS me and the admin team would like to bring in more consistent and profound rules especially those surrounding game modifications.

Please feel free to discuss your opinions here however do note that with the entry of a large prize pool and some making rather personal donations ultimately it's up to the discretion of the donators and the organization what will and will not eventually be allowed. If a player decides to break these rules once formed they will be punished regardless of their stature in the community.

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2021, 09:28:41 pm »
With EGS me and the admin team would like to bring in more consistent and profound rules especially those surrounding game modifications.

Please feel free to discuss your opinions here however do note that with the entry of a large prize pool and some making rather personal donations ultimately it's up to the discretion of the donators and the organization what will and will not eventually be allowed. If a player decides to break these rules once formed they will be punished regardless of their stature in the community.

i will give u a tenner if u let me win

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2021, 09:40:40 pm »

It's honestly a very difficult issue. I remember when it happened on Native (twice in major tournaments as far as I recall) it was always a subject that vastly divided the competitive community, especially because the incidents happened during the tournament and matches results/player punishment were therefore at stake on top of the issue itself. It's a really good thing you decided to bring it up to the community beforehand but ultimately as you mentioned, it's something you will likely have to decide between yourselves because I fear it's not a subject upon which a large part of the community will share an overwhelming common agreement.

Good initiative either way, a civil discussion can't hurt anyone besides cretins.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 09:48:34 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2021, 02:03:13 am »
ban every single modification

if people want modded NW, they can backup their files
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Nock

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2021, 02:39:01 am »

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2021, 03:11:59 am »

I don't see how things like a closed crosshair or faction skins that give no benefit in differentiating enemies helps out in a GF tournament but okay.

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2021, 04:11:08 am »

I don't see how things like a closed crosshair or faction skins that give no benefit in differentiating enemies helps out in a GF tournament but okay.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2021, 02:09:30 pm »
Ban coloured muskets, it's obviously an advantage as it makes them easier to see therefore should be banned... Suprised it's being questioned so much tbh

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2021, 02:09:54 pm »
Ban coloured muskets, it's obviously an advantage as it makes them easier to see therefore should be banned... Suprised it's being questioned so much tbh

Wursti

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2021, 02:21:22 pm »
Seems rlly hard to check it properly imo

And we all know certain people will keep using it without any proper checking

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2021, 02:46:38 pm »
Seems rlly hard to check it properly imo

And we all know certain people will keep using it without any proper checking
NW Tournament Client with a bitcoin miner when?

Offline Voluble123

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2021, 02:55:41 pm »
Personally have to agree it is a slight advantage in competitive situations. You have to ask yourself why it is being used if its not a advantage. In your peripheral vision in the corner of your eye you can see a bright yellow line, you are more aware and will react quicker compared to a normal musket IMO. Obviously it is here to be discussed to see both sides and what the general opinion is. Personally against it but hearing all sides!
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2021, 02:57:30 pm »
Yellow muskets suck!
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Wursti

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2021, 03:02:23 pm »
Personally have to agree it is a slight advantage in competitive situations. You have to ask yourself why it is being used if its not a advantage. In your peripheral vision in the corner of your eye you can see a bright yellow line, you are more aware and will react quicker compared to a normal musket IMO. Obviously it is here to be discussed to see both sides and what the general opinion is. Personally against it but hearing all sides!

In Valorant most people change to color blind mode so the enemies are highlighted in yellow, i did it too and it rlly helps alot

so it should be the same here