Author Topic: Limiting maps for server  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Niko5557

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 61e_Brg_Niko5557
  • Side: Union
Limiting maps for server
« on: April 10, 2020, 08:11:44 am »
Hello, I own an NW server and I would like to make it so only custom maps are available to be played on the server and not all the maps.
How do I do this?
Why would anyone use this?

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Limiting maps for server
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 04:40:55 pm »
Try deleting all the standard map files (SCO) files, and deleting the map codes in Scenes.txt, and the same in strings.txt

Not sure if it's possible without breaking your server.

Make sure to keep backups ofc in case it does break.

Offline Wolffe

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bydand!
    • View Profile
    • 92nd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 92nd | Col | John Gordon
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 10:52:00 pm »
in the config file you can edit the map rotation. if you put only custom map names in there it will rotate those maps automatically. admins could still change it to vanilla maps with the admin panel tho. as far as i know theres no way to "remove" the vanilla maps from your server without replacing them.

Offline jacobwallace

• Private
  • Offshore dedicated - DedicatedHosting4u
    • View Profile
    • DedicatedHosting4u
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 09:21:58 am »
API keys can only be used to access one or more Google Maps... Use the server's public IP address to get around the API key restriction.
Dedicatedhosting4u.com is a well established name for solutions on self managed dedicated servers and managed hosting services. We are immensely indulged in providing solutions on the deployment of online business for various clients since a decade.

Dedicated Servers with No Setup Fee, No Contracts, No UAP, Additional IP Available, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24*7 Customer Support, Enterprise Hardware, Free 6 Hours Express Delivery, Free 32 GB RAM Upgrade with all dedicated Server plans available now and get a secure and stable platform for your business. We supply with the quality hardware along with high level of customer support. your best choice for a dedicated server. If you are looking for a Server and reliable internet connectivity as well as top notch, no excuses support, you have reached the right place-Our fully redundant network and experienced technical support staff will have you up and running in no time with fine gear. We will always be when you need us, a partner in your su

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 09:25:27 am »
API keys can only be used to access one or more Google Maps... Use the server's public IP address to get around the API key restriction.