Author Topic: NFL QB tier list (WIP)  (Read 11849 times)

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NFL QB tier list (WIP)
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2019, 02:37:29 am »
aaron rodgers the greatest QB of all time
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2019, 05:04:53 am »
imagine putting drew brees at average

also add teddy nerd

teddy is A checkdown machine

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2019, 08:40:03 am »
Add Kyle Allen to promising. Cam is shit and shouldn’t get the starting job back even when healthy.

Missing Teddy at average.

Brissett has been good.

Brees is still great.

Add Minshew to promising.

Derek Carr is borderline above average.

Watson is great.

Kirk has been so shitty he had to publicly apologize to his receivers.

Josh Allen is still promising to me. Dude has wheels and is big with a crazy arm.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2019, 05:46:23 pm »
I think Matt Ryan should at least be above average. Even though Atlanta has a losing record he is one of few carrying the falcons to close losses rather than blowouts.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 05:49:14 pm by RussianFury »

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2019, 09:05:50 pm »
all good points, maybe I am a little too harsh on Matt Ryan instead of his coaching.  Kyle allen and minshew too soon to rate, I wonder if jacksonville will start foles when he’s back considering the amount he’s being paid.

Josh Allen is my man but he turns it over too much

the saints are weird

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2019, 09:19:08 pm »
all good points, maybe I am a little too harsh on Matt Ryan instead of his coaching.  Kyle allen and minshew too soon to rate, I wonder if jacksonville will start foles when he’s back considering the amount he’s being paid.

Josh Allen is my man but he turns it over too much

the saints are weird

Kyle Allen and Gardner Minshew are definitely promising young quarterbacks. I think Foles will stay benched if they keep winning without him but it’ll change fast if they lose.

I think Kyle Allen will be the future for Carolina. Will Grier hasn’t panned out clearly so far otherwise he’d have been starting. Kyle Allen is the guy for now IMO. Dudes only 23 too.

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2019, 09:56:14 pm »
This is cool and all but how bout them Miami Dolphins?

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2019, 11:25:33 pm »
Baker starting to look like a fluke.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2019, 10:56:58 pm »
jameis going back to dogshit, kirk cousins played really well, jimmy g throws a HORRENDOUS redzone INT.

this shit is impossible to rate

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2019, 11:39:24 pm »
sam darnold is BACK baby

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2019, 04:12:45 am »
sam darnold is BACK baby

SAM THE SAVIOR BABY LETS GOOOOO!!!!!

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS AH HA HA

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2019, 05:11:11 am »
The Cowboys are "America's" Team

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2019, 05:34:34 am »
Add Kyle Allen to promising. Cam is shit and shouldn’t get the starting job back even when healthy.

Brissett has been good.

Brees is still great.

Watson is great.

Josh Allen is still promising to me. Dude has wheels and is big with a crazy arm.

Whole lotta cap in that first take. Kyle Allen is a game manager not a game changer. He's had 7 fumbles so far and isn't nearly as mobile. You guys shit on Newton for his recent performance but it's clear he was playing hurt and he even admits to hiding his injury from the coaches. Christian McCaffrey is a MVP candidate and easily the best back in the league right now, the dude is literally 3/4 of their offense. With Cam back that's another person you have to watch for and usually someone that diverts eyes from other weapons making the jobs of the rest of the panthers easier. When you put a spy to watch Newton that's another dude not covering Moore or Samuel. Olsen and Newton also have much more chemistry than Allen does and Cam can prolong plays to help him downfield. Their defense and special teams are also playing very well, with 7 turnovers and 7 sacks today.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2019, 08:02:44 am »

Brissett has been good.

Brees is still great.

Watson is great.

Whole lotta cap in that first take. Kyle Allen is a game manager not a game changer. He's had 7 fumbles so far and isn't nearly as mobile. You guys shit on Newton for his recent performance but it's clear he was playing hurt and he even admits to hiding his injury from the coaches. Christian McCaffrey is a MVP candidate and easily the best back in the league right now, the dude is literally 3/4 of their offense. With Cam back that's another person you have to watch for and usually someone that diverts eyes from other weapons making the jobs of the rest of the panthers easier. When you put a spy to watch Newton that's another dude not covering Moore or Samuel. Olsen and Newton also have much more chemistry than Allen does and Cam can prolong plays to help him downfield. Their defense and special teams are also playing very well, with 7 turnovers and 7 sacks today.

Cam Newton can’t stay healthy. When he is healthy, he still isn’t as accurate as Kyle Allen. McCaffrey as a cushion is obviously helping Kyle Allen, the same as it would literally any other quarterback in the league. You don’t necessarily need a game changing quarterback with this team. You need a guy that can make all the passes you need and not throw the ball to the other team. That’s exactly what Kyle Allen has provided and he is 4-0 as the starter now. The offense has been averaging 10 points more per game with Allen than with Newton. Kyle Allen isn’t as talented as Cam but he is healthy and consistent and a better passer. How the hell are you gonna bench a 4-0 quarterback that has improved the teams offense.

Oh wait. He’s actually 5-0 now.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 05:54:02 pm by Fartknocker »

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2019, 10:17:28 pm »

Brissett has been good.

Brees is still great.

Watson is great.

Cam Newton can’t stay healthy. When he is healthy, he still isn’t as accurate as Kyle Allen. McCaffrey as a cushion is obviously helping Kyle Allen, the same as it would literally any other quarterback in the league. You don’t necessarily need a game changing quarterback with this team. You need a guy that can make all the passes you need and not throw the ball to the other team. That’s exactly what Kyle Allen has provided and he is 4-0 as the starter now. The offense has been averaging 10 points more per game with Allen than with Newton. Kyle Allen isn’t as talented as Cam but he is healthy and consistent and a better passer. How the hell are you gonna bench a 4-0 quarterback that has improved the teams offense.

Oh wait. He’s actually 5-0 now.

Me and you both know (or maybe not) that he's not 5-0. He played half a game in week 17 against the saints when they were guaranteed their playoff spot and rested all their starters. If you watched any panthers game you would know that game was meaningless to the saints and you would also know Taylor Heincke finished that game. Cam Newton's health hasn't been 100 since late 2018 and yet you can sit here and say Kyle Allen is more accurate when all he's done is manage the game. His lack of athleticism removes an entire dynamic of the game that is clearly missed especially when he's forced to make an off balance pass instead of scrambling. You never addressed his ball security issues either, 7 fumbles in 4 games this season isn't pretty.

To say CMC is a "cushion" is a gross understatement. Christian McCaffrey is literally on the field 96% (left late in the Jags game with cramps) of the time this season and on every single snap he's out there has to be accounted for. Very rarely is he not a focal point of the defense and this season currently has 162 touches leading all players in the NFL. To put that in perspective Kyle Allen has 122 pass attempts total (scaled up to 6 games it's 183). If you look at a similar workhorse backs Leonard Fournette (141 2nd in the NFL) and Nick Chubb (134 3rd) their quarterbacks Baker Mayfield (198) and Gardner Minshew (194, who only started 5 games) have much more pass attempts to their touches. Kyle Allen has 21 more attempts than CMC touches while Baker and Minshew average 58.5 (almost 3x) more than Chubb and Fournette respectively.

While Kyle Allen has been playing great and it's great to have a good backup, it's ridiculous to consider him over Cam Newton. He's a good game manager and can get the ball to our playmakers, it's clear that this defense and arguable MVP CMC has been carrying the load in Cam's absence.

Edit: To add we also lead the league in sacks, rushing touchdowns, and are second in INTs. Luke is tied for most tackles, Bradberry for passes defended, CMC in rushing yards and 3rd in TO differential, despite Kyle Allen's ball security issues.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:22:22 am by Hawkince »