Author Topic: [NW][M] Liberty or Death - A War of Independence Modification (Update #2)  (Read 81252 times)

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: [NW][M] Liberty or Death - A War of Independence Modification (Update #2)
« Reply #330 on: November 10, 2013, 01:07:07 am »
Spoiler
But they were trained to fight as skirmishers why would you want to make them line infantry
They where train as skirms in the 1790s not 1770s and 1780s.
At that point they were line infantry nothing else

They were trained by Swiss and German forest fighting experts in forest warfare before the 1770s which it showed in the Pontiac Rebellion in 1763 which makes them different from regular line infantry. They were an attempt to produce a more able soldier who was encouraged to use his initiative while retaining the discipline that was lacking in the irregular units of colonial Rangers. Some would argue it to be a skirmisher

No point arguing with Madman, he's just a mad kiddo from the 95th who doesn't want the 60th as an ingame unit because dislikes the clan in NW.
+1
[close]

British Regular Army , Line Infantry
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_units_in_the_American_Revolutionary_War

60th Royal Americans:Line Infantry
You can still have them in the mod but please put them as line infantry

and you trust wikipedia for a reliable source?

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #331 on: November 10, 2013, 01:08:34 am »
The only time people say Wiki isn't reliable is when it doesn't support their argument. The rest of the time they're always using it.

Offline Tor

• First Sergeant
  • Beidh muid ag troid ar son Uncail Sam, beidh sé ma
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2013, 01:20:34 am »
The only time people say Wiki isn't reliable is when it doesn't support their argument. The rest of the time they're always using it.
+1 (sig'd)

Offline Attila the nun

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 10, 2013, 02:08:42 am »
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_units_in_the_American_Revolutionary_War

Well from your own link

"According to a modern history of the regiment, the idea for creating this unique force was proposed by Jacques Prevost, a Swiss soldier and adventurer who was a friend of the Duke of Cumberland (William, who was the King's second son and was Commander-in-Chief of the Forces.) Prevost recognised the need for soldiers who understood forest warfare, unlike the regulars who were brought to America in 1755 by General Braddock.[3]"

An if you still want to kick and scream and call then a normal Line infantry regiment they would have a Light company which can be represented as skirmishers in the game

Offline Lordy Man

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lordy
« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2013, 02:13:00 am »
Spoiler
But they were trained to fight as skirmishers why would you want to make them line infantry

They were trained by Swiss and German forest fighting experts in forest warfare before the 1770s which it showed in the Pontiac Rebellion in 1763 which makes them different from regular line infantry. They were an attempt to produce a more able soldier who was encouraged to use his initiative while retaining the discipline that was lacking in the irregular units of colonial Rangers. Some would argue it to be a skirmisher

No point arguing with Madman, he's just a mad kiddo from the 95th who doesn't want the 60th as an ingame unit because dislikes the clan in NW.
+1
[close]

The 60th Weren't Line Infantry they were Light Infantry so basicly they are skirmishers.

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2013, 02:24:33 am »
Spoiler

+1
[close]

The 60th Weren't Line Infantry they were Light Infantry so basicly they are skirmishers.
Only 2 Companies of the 5th Battalion 60th Royal Americans were skirms the rest was line infantry.
Every regiment had a light company at the time.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2013, 04:51:47 pm »
MadManYo, just stop, 60th Rifles are going to the skirmishers, not the 95th, so please, leave this alone.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 10, 2013, 05:23:58 pm »
MadManYo, just stop, 60th Rifles are going to the skirmishers, not the 95th, so please, leave this alone.
+1

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2013, 07:03:50 pm »
+1
I don't want the 95th to be the skirms they weren't even around then.
I'm saying use the ferguson riflemen or a rifle militia company to represent more loyalist regiments

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2013, 10:10:01 pm »
TomaHawk, just have all the british units be the 60th something, example:

60th Regiment of Foot

60th Regiment of Guards

60th Royal American Rifles

60th Regiment of Light Horse

etc etc
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline TomaHawkAU

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tomdebomb
« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2013, 10:12:23 pm »
How would you feel if the 60th was replaced by Fraser's Rangers - Company of Select Marksmen?

Offline Gordon

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2013, 11:32:31 pm »
How would you feel if the 60th was replaced by Fraser's Rangers - Company of Select Marksmen?

Just saying, the 60th and 95th rifles werent rifle regiments during the Revolution. The 95th and 60th only became so in 1805. The appropriate rifle regiments of the British Army in the rev war would be Fraser's or any of the consolidated Light Infantry Regts. Those were the light companies of each regiment in the army brought together to make one big light regiment. As a historian some of the posts are giving me a great laughable read.

EDIT: Also the 60th was barley EVER made up of Americans. Most of the recruits were Germans, and saw very little action during the rev war being stationed in Florida.

If you want any historic advise on this mod let me know. I work with Redcoats.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:35:02 pm by Gordon »

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2013, 11:37:24 pm »
Fantastic Idea.

Just saying, the 60th and 95th rifles werent rifle regiments during the Revolution. The 95th and 60th only became so in 1805. The appropriate rifle regiments of the British Army in the rev war would be Fraser's or any of the consolidated Light Infantry Regts. Those were the light companies of each regiment in the army brought together to make one big light regiment. As a historian some of the posts are giving me a great laughable read.

EDIT: Also the 60th was barley EVER made up of Americans. Most of the recruits were Germans, and saw very little action during the rev war being stationed in Florida.

If you want any historic advise on this mod let me know. I work with Redcoats.
+1

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
« Reply #343 on: November 11, 2013, 04:04:41 pm »
Oh MadManYo, you're the most butthurt person I have ever met.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #344 on: November 11, 2013, 04:07:18 pm »
He is in the 95th... :P