Author Topic: NW Decade Awards  (Read 25719 times)

Offline Steven_De_Google

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Decade Awards[Nominations Open]
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2021, 06:04:07 pm »
the video the community deserves !

« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 06:09:19 pm by Steven_De_Google »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2021, 06:05:28 pm »
3eVolt is a top 5 NA regiment all time or top 3 (debatable), but its a joke to say it was the best during the decade. 3e was always on 12th's and 63e's shadow. Those 2 regiments had to disband to finally achieve something. (2012-2015?). I could be wrong, havent played anything competetive after 2015.

I agree AsianP (duel/gf)/Tammo(duel) as the best player of the decade.
Russian indeed is the best player after 2016.

Or just start bringing "palmares" of all regiments, and make a real comparison.
63e finishing top 2 in NWL the first 6 seasons is pretty impressive.
People forget how Karth made a mediocre competitive roster into a contender for years

And @Xethos you’re right about the self sabotage in the cav community. When I was CR I tried to get more competitive events happening with Cav, but the amount of infighting and toxicity was unreal, especially from some of the big leaders. If cav had even tried to make a competitive scene I’d argue for their inclusion into the awards but it was a crazy amount of effort to even make one league work, even with a whole new cav reg comprised of just infantry

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

|Viper|

« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2021, 06:50:16 pm »
3eVolt should be considered the best regiment of the decade it's the only regiment that's had a consistent competitive impact in pretty much every era of competitive NW, I would say its peak skill doesn't quite match the LG's S9 roster, because no one does, but if we're really talking about a decade and not month-long or 1-2 year spans, it should be 3eVolt, which was competitive since 2013 (although has disbanded/reformed a few times).

If 63e had continued to be relevant past mid-2016 I would potentially consider them, but I think 3eVolt continuing past that gives it the edge, but otherwise, kind of the same list fartknocker has.
No way bro.

3eVolt is a top 5 NA regiment all time or top 3 (debatable), but its a joke to say it was the best during the decade
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 06:58:43 pm by VetroG »

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2021, 07:04:24 pm »
tbf the best event or match has to be EU vs NA 1v1

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2021, 07:19:10 pm »
Where’s best casual regiment of the decade

1stReddit sweeps that category easily
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Hell Hounds

• Corporal
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2021, 07:39:33 pm »
If you intend to nominate one player of the decade for the whole nw, then its come down to ExtaZz94. All the players you guys have previously mentioned, and by an incommensurable margin, do not qualify. tchaobycimer ;)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2021, 08:01:40 pm »
If you intend to nominate one player of the decade for the whole nw, then its come down to ExtaZz94. All the players you guys have previously mentioned, and by an incommensurable margin, do not qualify. tchaobycimer ;)

There's a solid argument for it. However can someone tell drake to get off the HellHounds account if you're going to delete your FSE account out of embarrassment at least stay off fse  :)

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2021, 08:03:09 pm »
simp

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2021, 08:08:24 pm »
I shall say more later but

Yes 63e did a lot and was very good for awhile but on the other hand they were also really bad for a long time also at points

ex LG 16-2 record vs 63e (while Karth was still around also)

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2021, 08:14:13 pm »
Remember when Russian was in Odyreg? That should disqualify him from any awards
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2021, 08:15:10 pm »
Remember when Russian was in Odyreg? That should disqualify him from any awards
simp

Offline Yoop

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2021, 08:48:04 pm »
anything other than competitive inf is literally irrelevant as musket infantry is arguably the hardest class to master.
Honestly I feel like the best players should be able to play anything. My point is cav players usually do it all. Infantry has a difficult time fighting people with swords. There’s also more to cav than just 50/50 fights. Blocking on horseback is pretty impressive. Mounted vs dismounted, groupfighting etc.

And @Xethos you’re right about the self sabotage in the cav community. When I was CR I tried to get more competitive events happening with Cav, but the amount of infighting and toxicity was unreal, especially from some of the big leaders. If cav had even tried to make a competitive scene I’d argue for their inclusion into the awards but it was a crazy amount of effort to even make one league work, even with a whole new cav reg comprised of just infantry
You say this like infantry regiments aren’t the most toxic and get downright nasty to each other. Competitive cav was difficult since there wasn’t a large number and they didn’t really care enough. There’s a huge age gap and personality difference from cav and infantry. We also used to host our own 1v1s and group fighting things but honestly everyone just played for fun. The only real drama was probably with Les and banter between who was best which doesn’t even matter cause it’s not like many people played.

Offline ibsocal

• Major General
  • Leader of horses, winner of things
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/1erCG Major IB
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2021, 09:07:13 pm »

DAMN! DAMN! DAMN! I wish I coulda seen the aforementioned toxicity first hand because if it was anything like the old 1LH/PLG rivalry its pretty hilarious to look back on, granted we purposefully tried to stay out of any true drama as much as we could but id say from the lens of our guys looking at the rest of the cav community it was mostly just bullshitting with each other all around and not really any real animosity although I do recall some people having issues with each other but I never considered that very representative of their regiments overall dispositions towards each other, certainly nothing that would stop members from taking part in tournaments at the least.

What time period were you CR and pushing for events though Theo? was this during the time I was pushing for a competitive cav sub board? I just personally dont remember who it was at that time, but I do remember trying to spring board us further into public eye after the most successful string of cav tournaments by year ever in 2017 that I got denied. It is unfortunate that not as much of the public was aware as I would have liked that there was multiple large tournaments every week for cav 2v2s and sword 1v1s that the 1LH/PLG were hosting for years, eventually we joined the two together to make much larger brackets. The problem was that by the eye test nobody in large was interested in cav tournies so the easiest way to find yourself invited to them was to spend time in NA Cav groupfighting which routinely 2-4 times a week would be locked for tournies in which randoms would be notified were about to happen and in the case of our tournies often invited to them.

Overall I think I had a good relationship with pretty much every cav reg by the time we stopped regularly playing in mid 2019.. which also is apparently far back enough that people dont remember you for dominating pretty much every event multiple days a week that you went to for the previous 4-5 years, I do realize however this is partly my fault for not being buds with many of the newer regs/guys that popped up after the old guard were all retiring so it would be accurate to say our PR was lacking but it still sucks to see nonetheless.. If only I bumped their threads with memes like everyone else

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2021, 09:09:17 pm »
Where’s best casual regiment of the decade

1stReddit sweeps that category easily
Fireboy OP

Spoiler
[close]

63e N00bs
[close]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 09:13:00 pm by ~NickCole~ »

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2021, 09:12:00 pm »
I shall say more later but

Yes 63e did a lot and was very good for awhile but on the other hand they were also really bad for a long time also at points

ex LG 16-2 record vs 63e (while Karth was still around also)

It is true that the LG had a stronger roster than the 63e. But doesn't matter. The 12th had it too.
Dont worry, LG is a top 5 in NA :-*, but in our hearts we know 12th and 63e are the greatest regiments.

Cav is harder to master, thats for sure... but the community was always more infantry focused.

The best cav reg was the 12th cav detachment, with our flying dolphins.

Father of the NA Competitive Scene