Author Topic: Internet Page with historical images?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Internet Page with historical images?
« on: October 05, 2013, 08:31:37 am »
Hey Guys,

I just saw a picture of the thirty years war of how swerdish cuirassiers are doing a frontal charge against german pikemen in phalanx formation.

I know that there are more of such pictures, but I don't know where to find them. Have you guys seen such pictures yet and know from which internet page they are from?
Thank you,

-Crozade

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
Re: Internet Page with historical images?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 08:44:44 am »
You sure those pikemen aren't Holy Roman Imperial Infantry (Austria-Hungary)? I don't think the Germans ever had a leibfahne like that... However, from my understanding, this is called "bit-art/pixel-art." I've seen quite a bit, and a couple of friends of mine do it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:46:19 am by kpetschulat »

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 12:19:19 pm »
You sure those pikemen aren't Holy Roman Imperial Infantry (Austria-Hungary)? I don't think the Germans ever had a leibfahne like that... However, from my understanding, this is called "bit-art/pixel-art." I've seen quite a bit, and a couple of friends of mine do it.

1. Austria-Hungary wasn't formed untill 1860's, nearly 200 years after the Thirty Years war
2. Germany at that time (1630's) was basically a group of semi-indepedent states under the Holy roman Emperor (That was usually an Austrian, because of the corrupt succesion). Which makes Germans, Holy Roman Citizens. I can go on about the Thirty Years wars and the state of the various States under the HRE at that time, but that will take a long while. So basically, those pixel-art soldiers are Germans, they are loyal to the HRE and they are being charged by Swedish cavalry. Oh and that standard is actually the HR Standard.

Okay I'm done with my historical correction
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Stjef

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 03:55:27 pm »
Hey Guys,

I just saw a picture of the thirty years war of how swerdish cuirassiers are doing a frontal charge against german pikemen in phalanx formation.

I know that there are more of such pictures, but I don't know where to find them. Have you guys seen such pictures yet and know from which internet page they are from?
Thank you,

-Crozade

That is the Signature from Turin...

Offline Albert Eisenberg

• Sergeant Major
  • That Weirdo Doe
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2te[RB]Obst_Albert_Eisenberg
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 04:15:47 pm »
I make such pixel art, and i accept requests but I don't have a lot of free time to do it. I don't know where the originals come from... :-\

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 04:41:57 pm »
I made this picture but I used images from a website with pixel art soldiers from all eras. And yes, these are German (Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation) pikemen (Landsknechte) fighting Swedish cavalrymen.

I had it in my signature for a while, but unfortunately I sweared to Stjef not to tell this website to anyone. :D

I will watch if there are many people who start crying because of me not telling this website. If there are some crying I will maybe post it. :D

Some other stuff I made:

with use of the "website"
[close]

this was made by me on my own
[close]

Please DONT use it without my permission. ;)
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 05:24:18 pm »

1. Austria-Hungary wasn't formed untill 1860's, nearly 200 years after the Thirty Years war

No, really? I said (Austria-Hungary) because the Holy Roman Empire dissipated and became based out of Austria. Later on, the HRE dissolved completely, and the new Austro-Hungarian Empire was formed.  :P

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 05:58:39 pm »
Actually, hungary wasn't part of the Holy Roman Empire, it was private property owned by the Hapsburg dynasty and therefore not part of the HRE. But that's off topic. We can all talk all we want about that in the historical discussion section.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 06:07:50 pm »
I wish there was a facepalm emoticon on these forums...

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 06:48:30 pm »
Here, just for you <3

Spoiler
[close]

(looks a bit like the Hitler salute ::))
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du