Author Topic: Connection lag when lots of players on server  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Connection lag when lots of players on server
« on: May 09, 2013, 12:45:00 pm »
Hey Guys,

as the title says I'm always getting connection lag on big LBs like when 120-200 players are on a server or on Commander Battle.
Normally my ping is 59 but then it goes up to 600-800 but when most of the players died it's normal again.
I tried a reinstallation but it didn't help.

Greets, Crozade

Offline Felix

• Brigadier General
  • Totally Not A Cat.
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Servers
  • Nick: [Arctic-Servers]_Felix
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Connection lag when lots of players on server
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 02:52:03 pm »
Hello Crozade,

First off may I ask what your average connection speed is? (Speedtest.net is a good way to find out.) Generally ping varies depending on your Upload / Download speed as well as your distance from the server, thats if you know where the server is located.
Another thing would be other players, do they expirence these ping changes? If so I'd guess the server itself was the cause of the problem. I do doubt your firewall would be affecting the connection but I'd also recommend checking that also as there is a slight chance it could be affecting it slightly.

From what you described it seems like a client problem unless you say everyone else expirences the same as this, if so I'd recommend getting the server owner to contact his provider. But my advice would be try a few things such as stopping downloads while playing or making sure your firewall isn't blocking the game. Generally I'd expect it to be your distance from the server and connection or the server itself.

Hope the information I provided was of use, feel free to PM me or reply here again if you still have no improvement.

Regards,
Felix
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:05:51 pm by Felix Buxton »

Mount & Blade Series - Game Server Provider
Contact me via a method below regarding renting a server.
E-Mail: felix@arcticservers.co.uk • Steam: Felix9112  • Skype: ArcticServers •

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 11:11:53 am »
Hello Crozade,

First off may I ask what your average connection speed is? (Speedtest.net is a good way to find out.) Generally ping varies depending on your Upload / Download speed as well as your distance from the server, thats if you know where the server is located.
Another thing would be other players, do they expirence these ping changes? If so I'd guess the server itself was the cause of the problem. I do doubt your firewall would be affecting the connection but I'd also recommend checking that also as there is a slight chance it could be affecting it slightly.

From what you described it seems like a client problem unless you say everyone else expirences the same as this, if so I'd recommend getting the server owner to contact his provider. But my advice would be try a few things such as stopping downloads while playing or making sure your firewall isn't blocking the game. Generally I'd expect it to be your distance from the server and connection or the server itself.

Hope the information I provided was of use, feel free to PM me or reply here again if you still have no improvement.

Regards,
Felix

Thanks for the professional help.
Well, I am mostly the only one on the server who has got the problem. It's kinda stupid because I didnt have the problem last year. Just this year. Also I'm living in germany so I don't think it's the distance.
My connection is OK. It has to be something with the amount of bots, not with my connection.

Offline masterborn12

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 03:39:02 pm »
just to be sure do u use wireless or wire if ur wireless are u far away from teh router or close to it

Offline Fabbels

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 07:40:55 pm »
Wire.

Offline masterborn12

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 07:56:17 pm »
ten i dont know  sorry

Offline TheSamuraiOfNapoleon

• Private
  • Professional Pistol Sniper
    • View Profile
    • www.TheXI.enjin.com
  • Nick: [44th]Pte_Samurai
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 03:27:55 pm »
I think it's the server. If your ping is below 100 your fine, but if it's above 110 you have a problem. Either you're playing on a distant server, bad internet, or bad computer.

Personally, I have 19 ping ALWAYS, but because I have a bad computer (spec wise) I hinder my performance.