Author Topic: Cavalry Champions League - Season 2 | Discussion Thread  (Read 26549 times)

Offline StephanGH

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Cavalry Champions League - Season 2 | Discussion Thread
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2019, 12:35:27 pm »
If i get chance to write a full conclusion post i will, but for now i’d just like to thank you all for participating and making for a great last regimental tournament.

Also, special thanks to all of the refs, Wusten for the excellent scripts and lastly Lindblom, who generously provided us with 8 free servers. The tournament wouldn’t have been a success without you :)

Until next time.

As for the decrease in numbers for L1. It was really just a precaution due to this community not being what it once was. I wasnt sure all regiments would be capable of 12v12ing for 2 months straight. But I believe and truly hope that the tournament was good nontheless. And I am glad we were able to bring it to a close :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:37:35 pm by Akimoto »

Offline St0m_GER

• Corporal
  • SCHÖÖÖÖN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2019, 02:39:59 pm »
I also want to thank you @Shadey @Stephan for the nice tournament.

But lets all pray together for the 5e. A big regiment and the biggest opponent of the 4e has gone. I want to thanks the 5e for the nice time in the nw comunity. It was always a plesure to play against you.
Thank you Exofrance + Treiz for leading this wonderful regiment over years.

#prayfor5e

Offline King Stannis Baratheon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_Cpt_Stannis
« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2019, 06:00:06 pm »
I kinda agree with Erik here in that regiments picking players and forcing their opposition to put large numbers of players to spectator is quite an unsporting thing to do. The main example that shown this to me was our final round against the DCL where DragonKing put Corentin to spectator, forcing us to balance when Corentin was sitting in spectator the entire time. I'm sure Corentin was dissapointed not getting to play but also poor Jesu on our side who had to go spectator. My words went right through DragonKing's head as well after pointing it out, he just wanted us to balance and fair enough it's part of the rules since they were at 10 men but it's certainly really unsporting and dissapointing having to choose someone who has dedicated a large portion of their night to go spectator rather than play. 1 round is 1 round but they still last quite a while against heavies hence our match being around 2 hour and 50 minutes long. Not that going to 10 men mattered since we won the final round so it was just a complete waste with less players getting to play in an otherwise fun and intense match.

Another point that would've been nice to discuss was the rule change to the points system. I personally agree with the new one but the way it was changed with only the input of around 3/4 people and then the conversation deleted without discussion from all regiment leaders isn't exactly very open especially since it can heavily change how the tournament works in the first place.

I'd like to remid that such tournament isn't about the numbers, but quality of the regiment lol. Seems like some of you forgot this.
Also, congrats to Stephan and Shadey! I wouldn't expect that cav community will expirience such a competition anymore, but fortunately I was wrong. Big thanks to the admins, referees and everyone who participated! See ya on ze Bannerlord in 10 years x)

I'm of the opinion that it's a mix of both numbers and quality that matters for these type of tournaments since you want to have a competitive fight against good players(hence the quality) but also have good numbers that can make it difficult for even the best of individual players in nw to carry. Nothing wrong with having lower numbers if you can't bring too many like say in the 2Lr's case but if you can like with the 4e, nr4 and 8th I don't see why the DCL were different especially considering your 57 man steam group.

Either way this tournament was enjoyable and I appreciate Shadey and Stephan for hosting it and everyone else involved! Also gg to the DCL for winning and our match personally I enjoyed it a lot despite the criticism above  :-*

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2019, 06:37:15 pm »
I'm of the opinion that it's a mix of both numbers and quality that matters for these type of tournaments since you want to have a competitive fight against good players(hence the quality) but also have good numbers that can make it difficult for even the best of individual players in nw to carry. Nothing wrong with having lower numbers if you can't bring too many like say in the 2Lr's case but if you can like with the 4e, nr4 and 8th I don't see why the DCL were different especially considering your 57 man steam group.

Ahalala I expected this criticism! At the risk of creating a drama, I will answer to avoid any misunderstandings! Simply it does not hold because among these 57 players, a large number of them also belong to the 15ph or 8pk. They preferred to play in other regiments. Especially when we had a very high attendance during our first game and only half of our players could play. Then, we could talk at length about Corentin who played the whole game except the last round since after 3 hours of games, you can get tired of it and I understand that. Indeed, I can quote Jean Garrigue, one of our best players who left our game along the way. I didn't give him that order, though. It is deeply disrespectful, in my opinion, to say that I have put someone on the spot just because you consider them unknown.

Well, i think above all that your criticisms are based on profound misunderstandings. It was a long and difficult game that gave us a lot of trouble and a desire for revenge. Anyway, it was a good game. A fine English victory on your part and an honourable defeat for ours.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2019, 07:42:56 pm »

Ahalala I expected this criticism! At the risk of creating a drama, I will answer to avoid any misunderstandings! Simply it does not hold because among these 57 players, a large number of them also belong to the 15ph or 8pk. They preferred to play in other regiments. Especially when we had a very high attendance during our first game and only half of our players could play. Then, we could talk at length about Corentin who played the whole game except the last round since after 3 hours of games, you can get tired of it and I understand that. Indeed, I can quote Jean Garrigue, one of our best players who left our game along the way. I didn't give him that order, though. It is deeply disrespectful, in my opinion, to say that I have put someone on the spot just because you consider them unknown.

Well, i think above all that your criticisms are based on profound misunderstandings. It was a long and difficult game that gave us a lot of trouble and a desire for revenge. Anyway, it was a good game. A fine English victory on your part and an honourable defeat for ours.

The 57 man steam group wasn't criticism but rather an indirect question since of course the way your regiment is made up is much different compared to most others. Everyone was tired by the end of the match and with just one more round I would argue the exact opposite. Why would you go spectator when everything rests on the final round? A draw or a loss would be the result and I'm sure everyone on your team would've prefered a draw. The main reason I brought this up was because I was told by those in spectator that Corentin himself said that you told him to go spectator rather than him just being tired so unless a neutral party decided to lie to me I don't really see it being any other way. Players can leave during the game yeah I get that cause not everyone can guarantee 3 hours of the day to such a match but he decided to stay spectator which just seems odd, tired enough not to play the match, but not tired enough to leave and perhaps sleep?

I mean this is a discussion thread, I don't see how discussing things is drama.

Also Scottish, a key difference  :-*

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2019, 08:08:40 pm »
I'd like to remid that such tournament isn't about the numbers, but quality of the regiment lol. Seems like some of you forgot this.

We didn't forget anything: it was never about quality only and you know that. Back when regiments like the Nr6, the 5e, the Nr4, the 2Lr or the 14pk were still around or in a better shape, people would bring all they had and it was an important factor of matches, one of respect and balance for the opponent, by letting their men who trained and prepared for the match, play. When regiments weren't keen to follow that act of maturity and class, organizers made rules to enforce it (the first CCL season had a 15-men minimum attendence rule, the CNWL before that, 12 for L1 and 10 for L2, etc).

If you think the quality of the players you have is the only thing that matter then you don't lead a regiment but a team.
Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Husarion7k

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2019, 08:23:27 pm »

We didn't forget anything: it was never about quality only and you know that. Back when regiments like the Nr6, the 5e, the Nr4, the 2Lr or the 14pk were still around or in a better shape, people would bring all they had and it was an important factor of matches, one of respect and balance for the opponent, by letting their men who trained and prepared for the match, play. When regiments weren't keen to follow that act of maturity and class, organizers made rules to enforce it (the first CCL season had a 15-men minimum attendence rule, the CNWL before that, 12 for L1 and 10 for L2, etc).

If you think the quality of the players you have is the only thing that matter then you don't lead a regiment but a team.
I know very well what am I doing and what am I leading. We did our best to bring as many as possible, the example of that is match against nr4 when we had 14/15 players. We played following the rules, and we did not break them. It was said that 10 is minimum, and we brought 10 or more, if the rules would say 12, we would be forced to somehow get another 2 ppl. I'm literally tired of ppl spitting on heavy only cos they are heavy, that's literally disgusting for me.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2019, 08:40:38 pm »
I know very well what am I doing and what am I leading. We did our best to bring as many as possible, the example of that is match against nr4 when we had 14/15 players. We played following the rules, and we did not break them. It was said that 10 is minimum, and we brought 10 or more, if the rules would say 12, we would be forced to somehow get another 2 ppl. I'm literally tired of ppl spitting on heavy only cos they are heavy, that's literally disgusting for me.

Please find one sentence in the two posts I made about this matter where I particularly blame heavies or accuse anyone of not sticking to the rules.

Your paranoia about heavies being constantly harassed keeps you from getting our actual points. I don't know what it is with your constant need to justify yourself of everything.
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
fuck erik.
fuck erik
fuck Erik

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 14, 2019, 08:40:48 pm »

I don't think anyone has even mentioned heavies in the discussion man. Every point has been based on people and your regiment, not the class which you are playing.

Offline Husarion7k

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2019, 08:51:13 pm »
Yes, yes, it's so obvious I don't even have to mention it. As You already said it is a place for discussion, so everyone can speak whatever he wants. I did what I had to, for me the whole tournament is over, just waiting for the final post from the organizers. GG to everyone once more, and see u on the BL (Or not lol).
Cheers.

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2019, 09:00:58 pm »
Guys CCL is over no need for such discussions anymore. I think it's the last regimental competition before Bannerlord anyways. So leave it here and just continue in your regiments. Stephan and Shadey wanna have useful criticism for sure but ye this discussion won't gonna end good, so as I said just leave it here and stop triggering  ::)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Everybody knows heavies are op class  :-X
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2019, 09:01:23 pm »
Yes, yes, it's so obvious I don't even have to mention it.

wfgfkhfkjwezfhlweszhf

This has got to be the worst reasoning I've ever seen

You're so self-convinced you're oppressed by all that you make up statements we never did just to keep playing the "everyone hates us and we're fighting for our rights" card.

Your reasoning exactly equals to me stating something like: "It's so obvious Stannis is Brazilian that he doesn't even have to admit it for me to know it"

(then again maybe he is)
fuck erik
fuck erik
yeah fuck erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
i love erik
fuck erik
fuck Erik
fuck erik.
fuck erik
fuck Erik

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2019, 09:04:07 pm »

wfgfkhfkjwezfhlweszhf

You're so self-convinced you're oppressed by all that you make up statements we never did just to keep playing the "everyone hates us and we're fighting for our rights" card.

Your reasoning exactly equals to me stating something like: "It's so obvious Stannis is Brazilian that he doesn't even have to admit it for me to know it"

(then again maybe he is)

What's the problem Erik? The debate was over with Stannis. Why do you want to bring your salt back? Now let me watch the match of the french team in soccer
Nearer, My God, to Thee

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2019, 09:14:44 pm »

wfgfkhfkjwezfhlweszhf

(then again maybe he is)

What's the problem Erik? The debate was over with Stannis. Why do you want to bring your salt back? Now let me watch the match of the french team in soccer

There never has been salt it's just a non argument from Husarion since he hasn't shown any evidence(cause there is none).

Offline Thyrell

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BNL_Dyson30x_Ciiges
« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2019, 09:15:37 pm »
Honestly, imma put my 2 cents in here. Its overall clear to everyone that the DCL prefers to bring only their good players so they don't have to play their worse playere against better opponents. This is an overall issue I've noticed not only within the DCL however it was rather obvious.

Honestly I was surprised that the DCL got accepted in the first place cause its literally a coalition of the best heavy cav players, imagine making a group of the best hussars, now that would be an interesting match.
This is no direct hate, you played well but this is how I feel about it.