Author Topic: The Star Wars Thread  (Read 107843 times)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Star Wars Thread
« Reply #375 on: February 28, 2016, 09:20:35 pm »
Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but you're wrong it's an awesome flick ;)

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 28, 2016, 09:24:48 pm »
Well everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but you're wrong it's an awesome flick ;)
What did you find "awesome" in it?

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 28, 2016, 10:06:20 pm »

Well I'm not a reviewer but it has interesting characters, good acting a decent plot and a fantastic universe.
It makes the whole movie feel like an amazing adventure which leaves you craving for the next movie, which is even better.
And I really do hope you didn't watch New Hope "Lucas fucked it up edition" aka HD.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:08:04 pm by Furrnox »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #378 on: February 28, 2016, 10:07:29 pm »

Everything? It set the standard for space epic's and the movie is just so damn enjoyable. Need i be specific? I mean for god's sake it is New Hope...

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2016, 10:22:28 pm »
I mostly enjoyed The Phantom Menace, idk why

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #380 on: March 03, 2016, 10:30:04 pm »
I actually enjoyed all the prequels. If you just try to enjoy it and not analyze every little detail, they are good.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #381 on: March 03, 2016, 11:35:08 pm »
I actually enjoyed all the prequels. If you just try to enjoy it and not analyze every little detail, they are good.
Same. The only thing I tend to notice is how garbo the CGI is when you compare it to modern day. I sometimes wish the prequels could be remade with a higher budget and less goofy plot.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 03, 2016, 11:57:26 pm »
I notice how badly acted they are. I agree though, I've always had a sweet spot for the prequels because the clone wars are fucking cool and I like a lot of the battles. Also they expand upon the universe and provide some much needed background knowledge so they can't be all bad.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 05, 2016, 06:40:46 pm »
The thing I don't understand is how could Ki-Adi-Mundi get killed by a bunch of n00bish clones?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 06:43:09 pm by Dazzer »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #384 on: March 06, 2016, 05:20:32 am »
The thing I don't understand is how could Ki-Adi-Mundi get killed by a bunch of n00bish clones?
he wasnt expecting his allies to shoot him. Plus, theres only so many lasers a person can block. Im more concerned with how Palpatine killed those jedi "masters"
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 06, 2016, 03:53:33 pm »
Could somebody explain me what were the "holes" on AATs during the invasion of Naboo for?

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #386 on: March 06, 2016, 04:03:15 pm »
he wasnt expecting his allies to shoot him. Plus, theres only so many lasers a person can block. Im more concerned with how Palpatine killed those jedi "masters"

The first 2 jedi masters in that scene literally got 1 hit insta-killed not even blocking once. And they went in their knowing he was a sith lord. Reminds me of recruits blindly running into melee! XD

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 06, 2016, 04:34:54 pm »
Could somebody explain me what were the "holes" on AATs during the invasion of Naboo for?
The holes on an AAT (Armored Assault Tank) were used as launch tubes with various ammunition apparently. I do not recall looking at the bottom of an AAT, always looking at the large laser cannon on top. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_Assault_Tank/Legends
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #388 on: March 06, 2016, 06:02:24 pm »

The first 2 jedi masters in that scene literally got 1 hit insta-killed not even blocking once. And they went in their knowing he was a sith lord. Reminds me of recruits blindly running into melee! XD
In the books it's said he used an advanced fencing technique that no Jedi had ever seen before. Basically imagine the Jedi only knew how to counter generic sword attacks using the full blade while Palpatine only used the tip, just like fencing.
Spoiler
[close]
compared to
Spoiler
[close]
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #389 on: March 06, 2016, 08:47:14 pm »
A new study shows that ‘The Force Awakens’ may be much more similar to ‘Star wars: A New Hope’ than anyone originally imagined.

I just saw this.

Who needs a study for that? Wtf.