Author Topic: [NW][M] Powder And Pomp (French revolution Mod) looking for coders and modellers  (Read 9302 times)

Offline Charles William

• First Lieutenant
  • War of 1812, MAW Head Developer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
You dont like that there is no progress on the american revolution mod... But you start yourself a mod, without any modeller or coder.
Thats pretty perfect for a new mod :p

And please, dont come up with flag or menu changes... This is not a real mod progress :D
thing is... it is MY mod not some other guys mod i shall post what i do and what other people make for me, i have 2 mappers and Frederik is giving me a british tricorne

Sorry mate, its nothing against you personally. But there are so many mods started by newcomers.. and non of them have ever finished a NW mod yet. There are tons of started mod threads in the forum. But the thing is: You shouldn't start a useless topic about a mod, when you don't have any modeller or coder. Try to contact and get your team first.. get something done and then make such an announcement thread, with actual modded stuff.

At the moment, this looks like a thread, which will get closed in 2-3 weeks...  :-\

+1 no offense its true you should have made a team before making the thread and also its good to post some updates right away when you post the thread so that people will acknowledge you that this mod will pass and release it when ready.
Head Developer of the Mexican American War Mod and War of 1812 Mod

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
I feel like people have this mod idea rush for one hour and create a thread for attention and then after a week they just close it down.

And then they make fu*king regiment reservation threads that has no bloody use for extra attention!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:52:17 pm by Oscar XI Hederlööf »

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
I have never made a mod in any game whatsoever but my thinking is that you should start walking not running. Try joining a mod team or if that's too difficult/impossible then do what William said. It's far better to have something than to have nothing.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
Indeed, if people would have joined current teams and not creating there own we might have seen 2-3 done mods by now.

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
Indeed, if people would have joined current teams and not creating there own we might have seen 2-3 done mods by now.

Agreed.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline HWMHall

• Captain
  • Military History Guru
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Fus_Hall
  • Side: Neutral
But sometimes current mods are not accepting new people or don't want them if they need them or are never asked if people can join. Also Good luck on this mod hope it works out for you.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
    • View Profile
But sometimes current mods are not accepting new people or don't want them if they need them or are never asked if people can join. Also Good luck on this mod hope it works out for you.
But as we can see there's a lack of decent modders so if they were to team up the odds would be better.

Offline Charles William

• First Lieutenant
  • War of 1812, MAW Head Developer
    • View Profile
so you are the BritishImperialist guy who joined my mod team weeks ago and leave why did you make another mod when you are still working on your Fight For Canada war of 1812 mod you said you decided to work on it.  :-\ i don't get you mate try finishing a mod that you planned at first before making a new one cause its a waste of trash.
Head Developer of the Mexican American War Mod and War of 1812 Mod

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
Why not stay with Charles' team?

The mod development would be sped up.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline 85thColonel

• Sergeant
  • 48th Highlanders of Canada Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 48thHoC_Col_McGordon

because i got bored of a mod just retexturing units and hats im taking my time learing how to model and teaxture properly throuh guides. i should have some stuff dont by the end of november probably the tricorn and a  bearskin and maybe 1 or 2 new unit models

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda

because i got bored of a mod just retexturing units and hats im taking my time learing how to model and teaxture properly throuh guides. i should have some stuff dont by the end of november probably the tricorn and a  bearskin and maybe 1 or 2 new unit models

Isn't this just re texturing units and their 'hats'.

Offline 85thColonel

• Sergeant
  • 48th Highlanders of Canada Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 48thHoC_Col_McGordon

Isn't this just re texturing units and their 'hats'.
no because i am texturing a NEW item that noone has seen

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
Well it will just be a texture mod. NW with older uniforms.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
You dont like that there is no progress on the american revolution mod... But you start yourself a mod, without any modeller or coder.
Thats pretty perfect for a new mod :p

And please, dont come up with flag or menu changes... This is not a real mod progress :D
thing is... it is MY mod not some other guys mod i shall post what i do and what other people make for me, i have 2 mappers and Frederik is giving me a british tricorne

Sorry mate, its nothing against you personally. But there are so many mods started by newcomers.. and non of them have ever finished a NW mod yet. There are tons of started mod threads in the forum. But the thing is: You shouldn't start a useless topic about a mod, when you don't have any modeller or coder. Try to contact and get your team first.. get something done and then make such an announcement thread, with actual modded stuff.

At the moment, this looks like a thread, which will get closed in 2-3 weeks...  :-\

+1 no offense its true you should have made a team before making the thread and also its good to post some updates right away when you post the thread so that people will acknowledge you that this mod will pass and release it when ready.

This is all that really needed to be said.

I wish the OP luck, modding is hard work. Try and get a team together and make some progress. Good luck.