Author Topic: Movie "Lincoln"  (Read 11233 times)

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Movie "Lincoln"
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:05:18 am »
Saw it. Pretty damn good.

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Movie "Lincoln"
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 01:17:07 am »
Did it idolize Lincoln as a slave hating, life loving President? Or someone just trying to save the Union?

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 02:17:05 am »
Someone trying to save the Union. He pretty much admitted in the movie he took several unlawful and unconstitutional actions during the war, and has no problem in the movie employing lobbyists to intimidate his opponents.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 04:21:45 am »
Did it idolize Lincoln as a slave hating, life loving President? Or someone just trying to save the Union?
Lincoln wanted to stop the growth of slave states versus free states. He was only concerned with the integrity of the US. Never did he elaborate on anti-slavery. When he ran for Sen. he was called that. He responded with him not being for equality between whites and blacks.

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 07:23:45 pm »
Lincoln wanted to stop the growth of slave states versus free states. He was only concerned with the integrity of the US. Never did he elaborate on anti-slavery. When he ran for Sen. he was called that. He responded with him not being for equality between whites and blacks.
I know, sadly though, some people blindly believe Lincoln was this Moses delivering blacks from slavery, when he wasn't. I was just wondering if the movie highlighted Lincoln as a false person or not.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 09:14:16 pm »
No he is human in the film trying to do the greater good. Go see it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 05:27:43 am »
Speilberg.... So must be good  ;D

Offline Bluehawk

• Sergeant Major
  • чекмень - шаровары - шашка
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 05:38:10 am »

Is that sarcasm?

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 05:40:32 am »

Is that sarcasm?

No... He's one of the best directors lol

Offline Prime

• Private
  • Long live the 9ème!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mathieu Labassée
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 10:48:30 pm »
Can't wait to see it! I personally think Lincoln was a extraordinary leader, while I favor the confederacy.

Offline PsychoPigeon

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 03:16:22 pm »
I hope what's shown in this movie isn't what school kids are lead to believe what happened, but the way the eduction is all going down the shitter I fear kids heads are being filled with this bunk, he was a tyrant. The only good thing he did was print his own currency bypassing the money lenders and their huge interest rates which make us all slaves today, but you never do that in a time of war as you print too much.

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 06:34:46 pm »
I hope what's shown in this movie isn't what school kids are lead to believe what happened, but the way the eduction is all going down the shitter I fear kids heads are being filled with this bunk, he was a tyrant. The only good thing he did was print his own currency bypassing the money lenders and their huge interest rates which make us all slaves today, but you never do that in a time of war as you print too much.

Don't even know where to begin. I'll leave it alone.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 06:46:49 pm »
You gotta stop reading YouTube comments seriously.

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 07:15:53 pm »

Lol, what history book have you been reading?

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 09:32:34 pm »

Don't even know where to begin. I'll leave it alone.
^^
Anyway, i hear its good. I think that lincoln is idolized a little to much but he wasnt a saviour or a bad presidant from what i've seen.