Author Topic: Public Drill Book "School Of The Platoon"  (Read 9153 times)

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Public Drill Book "School Of The Platoon"
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 03:17:03 pm »
Cool and all but would rather spend time getting better at melee. Cheers

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 03:24:54 pm »
Cool and all but would rather spend time getting better at melee. Cheers

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 03:55:09 pm »
You rack disciprine.

The guide was made because I know that some regiments entire drillbook is "'Insert Face' moving out" and realized that some regiments do not have access to learning proper drill. This was not meant to be a "everyone should use this drill" thread, it's simply a reference for regiments to look at and pick and choose from, come up with names for commands, or to use if they do not have better drill.

I also bumped it because I think some regiments are interested in doing Beech's historical linebattle and need some reference for some historical drill. Like I said I will also be releasing a school of the company and a guide for double ranks, because people seem to be retarded when it comes to learning to fight in double.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 04:11:10 pm »
Most NA regiments aren't very disciplined. That's why Locust and I structured the 40th like a European regiment; very strict.

I feel that these formations are used by regiments that are disciplined, but not very competitive. These types of formations wouldn't be very useful in a 1v1. And rightfully so, both NWL and NANWL don't allow/use them. They can be enjoyable in events like Beech's, as you stated, if done properly.

I could be wrong, but the 1stEPI was never in NWL and they always use these formations.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 04:14:25 pm »
Well I simply did it in double as that's how I do it, but all of these commands can be done in single, and many (such as the by files right) movement are very useful in combat.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 05:44:38 pm »
Regiments don't even wheel anymore?
Shit. You lose such an awful lot of mobility if you ignore all the formations there are....
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.