Author Topic: Bugs & Issues - Please report here  (Read 43056 times)

Offline HighwayStar

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs & Issues - Please report here
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2014, 01:32:49 am »
Some maps have a spawn bug. Instead of spawning at the flag you selected - it'll put you in a different one. Even if that other one is owned by the enemy. I know of about 3 maps with this problem. Unfortunately I don't know the map names.

One has three trenches called flag or trench 0, 1 and 2. If you try to spawn at the middle one - you appear in the south one instead.

Another map (in the picture) makes you spawn at the Northern Bunker whenever you try to spawn at the no mans land flag.

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harvain ModKiller
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2014, 02:25:38 am »
Some maps have a spawn bug. Instead of spawning at the flag you selected - it'll put you in a different one. Even if that other one is owned by the enemy. I know of about 3 maps with this problem. Unfortunately I don't know the map names.

One has three trenches called flag or trench 0, 1 and 2. If you try to spawn at the middle one - you appear in the south one instead.

Another map (in the picture) makes you spawn at the Northern Bunker whenever you try to spawn at the no mans land flag.

Spawning at points that is not yours (like on Conquest) or a defenders point as an attacker (in Siege), is M&B coding. As the spawn points numbers (0-31 for Team 1 and 32-63 for Team 2) get farther from each other for their respective team set. Both sides get to use said spawn point, as if it belonged to both.

This "usually" most often happens when say Team 1, has no-one near Spawn 2. Team 2, then gets some random spawns at Spawn 2, which is not theirs at all.

Not much to be done with it, if IE devs discovered a fix, FSE can give a patch for all, finally fixing this prob.
Co-killer of the Iron Europe mod for Napoleonic Wars.

Offline HighwayStar

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2014, 02:53:24 am »

This "usually" most often happens when say Team 1, has no-one near Spawn 2. Team 2, then gets some random spawns at Spawn 2, which is not theirs at all.

Not much to be done with it, if IE devs discovered a fix, FSE can give a patch for all, finally fixing this prob.

That doesn't apply this time. I've spawned inside a base full of enemies. There are plenty around the spawn area before I spawned in too.

Also I really think it's just a error from the map maker. As you NEVER spawn at the one you pick - it's not a random chance thing. It's repeatable without fail. When you pick no mans land in the above example you ALWAYS spawn at north bunker.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:19:40 am by HighwayStar »

Offline Pachira

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2014, 06:00:52 am »
The armored German soldiers have their heads hovering above their bodies, also you can see this with french riflemen too when they aim their rifles.

Offline furyfire

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2014, 08:11:33 am »
My game crashes and has a runtime error whenever the server changes maps to "Fields of Flanders". I tried to troubleshoot, restarting the steam and the PC, but I still have the same error whenever I try to join a server whose map is "Fields of Flanders". After the server changes maps I find out that I can join it again.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2014, 09:37:54 pm »
Not sure if mentioned but pointing it our can't hurt. If you're reloading and you fall you skip the entire reload and have a full clip.
I pwnd ass when I charged a trench and could just shoot buttloads of bullets.

Offline dutchsharpe

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2014, 01:16:51 pm »
That is a custom made map.

Offline dutchsharpe

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2014, 01:32:06 pm »

Yes it is. I want to display these bugs as I wanted to show map glitches aren't limited to the regular/included maps and secondly I'm hopeing you can fix this.

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2014, 07:28:24 pm »

Yes it is. I want to display these bugs as I wanted to show map glitches aren't limited to the regular/included maps and secondly I'm hopeing you can fix this.

Thats the 15th IE HvB, we know that objects are disappearing but there is nothing we can do. That's IE coding making things disappear. Even happens on the maps the IE dev team put together for the mod.

We were trying some of our custom siege maps, and lots of items were either gone from the start or disappearing during the rounds (sometimes totally where you could walk through, other times still there, invisible and you could still walk over them/around/etc).

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2014, 07:46:43 pm »

Thats the 15th IE HvB, we know that objects are disappearing but there is nothing we can do. That's IE coding making things disappear. Even happens on the maps the IE dev team put together for the mod.

We were trying some of our custom siege maps, and lots of items were either gone from the start or disappearing during the rounds (sometimes totally where you could walk through, other times still there, invisible and you could still walk over them/around/etc).

Stuff that's gone from the start is due to them not being included as scene props in IE, it's never a good idea to reuse NW maps in a mod unless the developers say that they've kept the NW props. Otherwise you will get the props disappearing, or being replaced by other props.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline [15th]Harvain

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2014, 11:00:39 pm »

Stuff that's gone from the start is due to them not being included as scene props in IE, it's never a good idea to reuse NW maps in a mod unless the developers say that they've kept the NW props. Otherwise you will get the props disappearing, or being replaced by other props.

Its only random objects, like 1 bridge gone, 1 stone wall missing, etc. But even the IE items do that, usually the IE trenches.

If there is a bunch of items we shouldnt be using in the IE editor, be nice if there was a list or if possible, just removed from the IE editor for all. As some map makers, like me, already have a few maps ready to test for IE, mainly for conquest mode.

We're waiting till the HMGs are fixed in the editor, as when you place them atm, they spawn in backwards when placed correctly. We'll have to go through all our maps again if thats ever fixed lol

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2014, 08:05:57 pm »
I read all this and I still haven't see anyone talk about how u can't shoot though barbwire or how LMG's can shoot though alot of scene props. other then that I like this mod alot

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2014, 09:39:59 pm »
I read all this and I still haven't see anyone talk about how u can't shoot though barbwire or how LMG's can shoot though alot of scene props. other then that I like this mod alot
You can shoot through barbed wire as long as the bullet doesn't hit the wire itself, you cab shoot in between the wires.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2014, 09:29:46 pm »
You can shoot through barbed wire as long as the bullet doesn't hit the wire itself, you cab shoot in between the wires.

im guessing u haven't seen the wire thats 3 feet above the actal seen wire, go into the editor its
 there