Poll

Who will you be playing as mostly?

Imperial Guard
Space Marines
Traitor Guard
Chaos Space Marines

Author Topic: [Official] Warhammer 40k Grim Future  (Read 280147 times)

Offline Comrade Temuzu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [Official] Warhammer 40k Grim Future
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 04:32:07 pm »
By practising before starting big projects.

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 04:33:07 pm »

Can you give me the names of the people you believe are the "Newbies".

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 04:50:32 pm »
Spoiler
No.

Showing that there are no Newbies that you are reffering to. As much as I have revised all these people have experience in modding, so you just decided to come in here, after calling the team Newbies already on TW. Please do not come here and fill us with your belief that this mod is not going to be successful due to a weak team.

You Hate The Mod. Don't Play It.

Leave us be. Let us work on the mod in peace, instead of having to reply to such posts you bring up.
[close]

He never said he hated this mod, and how do you even call it a mod yet? I can only see some un-finished models, and modeled+textured weaponry and armoury in-game that was made by someone a long while ago, If I remember correctly for a Warband mod back then. Nothing made by the current Developer team. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

In fact, I'm sure he's looking forward to a successful Warhammer 40k mod. But the current thread showcase is not showing him a promising view. And as he is a veteran community member of NW and Warband, he has seen many mods being build up, and fail. He knows where to look at and how. Trust me on that. ;)

As the team, I could image how he sees it. In the Warband Modding community. (As we can call it now) Most mods don't have "advisors", or "community managers". I mean you've just made your thread, and you already have 2 community members, and 3 advisors, I could see that advisors may be needed. But community managers on a starting mod? For what? I mean the FSE team has community managers, for a good reason. But a mod with an non-existent community? Hmm, makes me think.

Anyway, do what you wish, and the best of luck. Just my two cents.

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 05:25:53 pm »
Hold on, did you get permission to use those Imperial Guardsmen models? Because if memory serves they look exactly like the ones Andreus has for his mod.

Also what the hell is a Kasisikan?

EDIT. Actually nevermind. You're showcasing models you dont have permission to use, AGAIN.

Between the two of us? I was really hoping you would prove me wrong in the "newbie team" thing, but... ::)

They have permission, if you read the other thread it looks like they don't, but outside of the thread a deal was struck.

Offline Rebelboy1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 05:33:48 pm »
thank you willhelm

Offline Joker11

• Second Lieutenant
  • Everything you can imagine is real
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stWFI_Gefr_Joker
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 06:26:46 pm »
"By the Blood Of Sanguinius!"

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 06:47:27 pm »
How does one hate something one has not played?

Ok, I am sorry if I was being a dick in anyway, I am just really frustrated atm.

So what do you say? Let us open a new page and forget that this ever happened?

"By the Blood Of Sanguinius!"

Damn I really want that as my school's logo :(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 06:55:09 pm by Desert Thunda »

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 11:28:52 pm »
Hold on, did you get permission to use those Imperial Guardsmen models? Because if memory serves they look exactly like the ones Andreus has for his mod.

EDIT. Actually nevermind. You're showcasing models you dont have permission to use, AGAIN.

Between the two of us? I was really hoping you would prove me wrong in the "newbie team" thing, but... ::)
Could you just stop hating! Don't you have better things to do?

Offline Rigadoon

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 11:55:46 pm »

They have permission, if you read the other thread it looks like they don't, but outside of the thread a deal was struck.

This was just a few hours ago and directly from the creator of the models. Has he changed his mind?
Honestly, no. I had a conversation with Sarge, and he offered me a SM models for cadians. But I didn't accept it yet, because I didn't see them in-game. So, atm, you, guys, aren't allowed to use cadians in any form. And honestly, I don't really know what's wrong with organisation in your team, if one member knows one thing about state of affairs and another member - other.

Offline Windbusche

• Donator
  • American Vocabulary Trooper
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Windbusche
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 03:58:01 am »
What happened to the 1st Kronus? I saw them in the screenshots Desert posted, but no longer on the list of Imperial Guard regiments?

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 04:39:16 am »
Guys, listen to him. It's not a fun thing to create a mod as a side project. It's requires dedication and actual skills, which cannot be gained by simply starting the millionth failed NW mod that was posted without a team or skill. Why multiplayer? It has a shitty playerbase implying you can get it popular.

Offline Oposum

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 01:27:29 pm »
Word of advice - make a page for the mod when you have something to show and made some progress. If you look at taleworlds forum mod development section, you'll notice crapload of mods with pompous starting pages which died because noone did any actual work.
Making promises of space marines (pretty sure you cannot pull them off in any manner in Warband without it being extremely awkward), having 1000 people who actually aren't doing crap for the mod but are mod staff, makes you seem like showcase model of mods you know aren't going to get released.
Secondly, doing WH 40k mod WILL require amazing coder and animator if you want it to look better than NW with different skins.

Offline sev666

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2CT_Skrim_Sgt_Sev
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 02:36:58 pm »
Nice work with the new thread Lance.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 03:25:17 pm »
Its going to be an awesome mod! I feel it. ;D

-Dekkers
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Joker11

• Second Lieutenant
  • Everything you can imagine is real
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stWFI_Gefr_Joker
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 04:26:23 pm »
I can't wait either