Poll

Are the "Oldest Pyramids of the world" that were found in Crimea, the real reason for the War?

Yes! Putin only took Crimea because of the alien pyramids.
13 (61.9%)
Yes! I don't believe that the pyramids were made by aliens, but I do believe that Russia took Crimea because of the incredible cultural treasures hidden inside them.
8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 365437 times)

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #4125 on: March 07, 2015, 01:05:09 am »
Maxlam, just a point about Corsica
It was not laughable that anything but a Frenchman was possible on the island.
It had undergone a nationalist republic revolution when under Genonese control under a man named Paoli who would fight the French for years on Corsica and abroad, he himself an ardent Coriscan nationalist.
Napoleon himself was throughout his adolescence and early career an ardent Corsican nationalist who wrote many papers on the subject of Corsican freedom from French tyranny

#datironydoe
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #4126 on: March 07, 2015, 01:26:59 am »
As you may have noticed, I'm speaking about France nowadays, not about what people thought 200 years ago before the French Revolution and the French Empire. However you are right to talk about that, because this isn't trivial that a young Corsican nationalist became a French Emperor.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:06:10 am by MaxLam »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #4127 on: March 07, 2015, 03:25:28 am »
Still waiting for when Putin sets foot in a neutral country and ww3 begins. I'm going to give or take 10 years
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Suede

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4128 on: March 07, 2015, 07:58:44 am »
Lol, so if we speaking about France separatist movement - independent Corsica is laughable, independent Breton makes no sence, but for Ukraine case - everyone here can have the right to self-determination and what now happen is ok. Fair enough :)

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: March 07, 2015, 08:25:59 am »
I demand Breton independence!

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: March 07, 2015, 09:46:02 am »
Still waiting for when Putin sets foot in a neutral country and ww3 begins. I'm going to give or take 10 years
Why should there be a WW3 if Russia would invade a neutral country while America did the same around a hundred times since the end of WW2?
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Suede

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: March 07, 2015, 09:48:04 am »
I demand Breton independence!
It won't happen - Russia is too far away and do not bothers about, so it willn't sent their 'green polite men' to provide fair and democratic referendum with acceptable results :P

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: March 07, 2015, 09:49:45 am »
Why should there be a WW3 if Russia would invade a neutral country while America did the same around a hundred times since the end of WW2?

Do you seriously need someone to explain this to you? What is your obsession with Russia anyway? It seems like your motivation for supporting Russia doesn't extend much further beyond some teenage "Ohaahh putin iz cool + vodka" fantasy.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:51:31 am by Nipplestockings »

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: March 07, 2015, 10:28:17 am »

Do you seriously need someone to explain this to you? What is your obsession with Russia anyway? It seems like your motivation for supporting Russia doesn't extend much further beyond some teenage "Ohaahh putin iz cool + vodka" fantasy.
I don't need an explanation. I just wanted to set the focus on the circumstance that America would be "allowed" to start a nuclear war if Russia fucks things up while the opposite isn't true and it wasn't; even with the Soviet Union.
My "obsession" with Russia originates from the fact that I like Vladimir Putin's way to make politics and much more importantly I don't want war with the Russians; because I like Russia, I like my country and I don't see a reason to destroy these countries.

Anybody who wants this war is insane.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: March 07, 2015, 10:42:32 am »
He's a German teenager. It's just natural instinct for them to adore and follow a dictator.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: March 07, 2015, 11:07:55 am »
It's ok Duuring, you can join us too.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: March 07, 2015, 11:13:32 am »
I got a book about six men and one woman (all Dutch) who joined the SS and fought on the Eastern front. Quite an interesting read.

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #4137 on: March 07, 2015, 11:19:41 am »
Lol, so if we speaking about France separatist movement - independent Corsica is laughable, independent Breton makes no sence, but for Ukraine case - everyone here can have the right to self-determination and what now happen is ok. Fair enough :)
Exactly, because comparing Brittany to the Eastern regions of Ukraine is also laughable. For example there is only 35 000 people who speak Breton everyday, for a total population of about 4.5 million if we also include Loire-Atlantique (Nantes). And I have never met one in my life.

In Ukraine however, Russian is a wide-spreak language:

According to the 2001 Census, there was 3 regions of former Ukraine in which Ukrainian wsn't the native language of a clear majority of the population.

In Brittany, French is the native language of more than 90% of the population. And it's a good a French, not a dialect. If there had been only 10% of native speakers of the national language, as in Crimea, then Brittany would have had a strong reason to demand independance. But that's not the case.

https://tropyhistorii.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/220px-ssnederland.jpg
I think my grandfather killed some of those rats, in the Netherlands.

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: March 07, 2015, 11:23:08 am »
Don't worry, I made an updated version for Duuring:

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: March 07, 2015, 11:29:44 am »
Lol not bad.

MaxLam, do you suddenly need to speak another language in order to have a claim? That would kinda ironic since French was enforced upon minorities (Oppression), just like Russian was forced upon the people of the Soviet union.

https://tropyhistorii.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/220px-ssnederland.jpg
I think my grandfather killed some of those rats, in the Netherlands.

I very much doubt it. They served only on the Eastern front and there were no French forces in the Netherlands anyway.